Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Monday, August 3, 2020

July 31st - August 2nd, 2020: Slow motion is life

I straight up just forgot to get on here to write last night. Didn't even think about it. 🙈 Oops. 

Friday was noteworthy because Maeve had her Kindergarten screening. She was so excited to go show them how smart she is that we had to have a little chat about what bragging is and how it's not good. 😂 They took her back without me so I really can't report on if she took what I said to heart, but the lady that worked with her said she did great and is so sweet. So sounds like she probably stayed humble enough. 🤞 Her school looked pretty nice on the inside and it was fun to see just a small part of it. After we got home, I did some cleaning and then gave Zoey a haircut and bath. It ended up being quite the process when I accidentally let her loose and it ended up being almost impossible to get her out from underneath our bed. 🤦 Eventually she caved and came out for a treat. I love cutting her nice and short now because her hair is soooo soft when it's really short. I love it. She's our cute little rat dog. 😂 She especially looks like a rat next to the other dogs. They look big next to her! 



Anxiously awaiting treats. I love how alert dogs get when they're waiting for something 
they want. 😂

As I expected, the kids wanted to do more slow motion videos so we messed around with those for a little bit before the dogs got dropped off at our house for the weekend. I certainly won't share all of them because we took a lot, but I got one in particular that made me laugh because you can literally see Rowan's baby fat on his face jiggle. 😂😂 See below. 👇 



Anyway, once the dogs showed up that changed the pace of things and the kids got wrapped up playing on their own for a while and I was able to get some good reading done. I almost didn't want to stop, but I forced myself to when 5pm rolled around because we had talked about doing a family movie night before bed. So I pulled myself out of my book and got out the candy and made some popcorn for the kids and I and we all watched Descendants (the Disney one). It was pretty cute, but I was distracted off and on throughout it so I did miss some of it here and there. Zombies is definitely more my style though and Maeve agrees with that as well. Nolan tried some Cheerios for the first time for dinner and it was so cute watching him take in the experience. 😍 I don't think he knew exactly what to think about the new texture! 



When we were putting the kids in bed, Rowan said to Adam "Daddy, why don't you have hair?" 🤣😳 Only his favorite question! They proceeded to talk about male pattern baldness. So fascinating for Rowan I'm sure. 😂 After the kids were asleep, Adam and I watched To All the Boys I've Loved Before. But you and I both know that really means Adam watched it and I fell asleep 20 minutes into it. I  asleep before 9:30pm! I am an old old woman. The good news is that Adam genuinely enjoyed the movie, despite it being a chick flick, so that's a win! 👌

Other noteworthy pics/videos from the day:

Those blue eyes! 😍

He kept flinging his arms around so much and knocked his spoon and splattered food everywhere - it even got in the back of his hair! He thought he was pretty hilarious. I'm definitely seeing more personality shine through during these baby food feedings haha. 


This one though. 👆 😂 Boys are so different from girls! Maeve certainly never tried to ride on Rowan like he was a horsie when he was baby - before I started this video he was actually successfully doing it while Nolan was crawling... 😂😂 

Saturday we woke up knowing it would be a pretty rainy day most of the day, but lucked out with some clear skies in the morning for a few hours. We made the kids play outside with bubbles and then bikes and scooters to take advantage of the sunshine while it lasted. Sadly, they are pretty wimpy and within no time were talking about how they were too hot, even though it was actually quite pleasant. So we decided to be crazy and go and get snow cones at 11:30am. Truth be told, even though it appeased the kids who were feeling hot, it was really me who wanted to go. 😂 I had a flavor combo thought up in my head that I had been excited to try ever since the last time we tried to go and the shop wasn't up and running. I hadn't been able to get it out of my head and needed an excuse to go - I figured then was our only shot before the rain started. So being the twisted people that we are, on we went to get snow cones before even having lunch. 🤣 Gotta get 'em while the gettin's good, am I right? Sadly they close for the summer on August 9th before school starts, even though we'll have another hot month ahead. Such a bummer! 

After we got back and had some lunch, we played one round of a few different board games together and then the kids hung around and played while we got some different cleaning done. Here's a confession: I feel stupid because for a long time I put off trying to get some crayon marks out of the bins in the playroom. I think it's because I was worried they wouldn't clean off easily. I knew I would be annoyed if they didn't clean up perfectly, so in my mind I somehow came to the subconscious conclusion that doing nothing was better than potentially doing something and not getting the results I wanted. Well, on Saturday I happened to be spot cleaning the carpet in the playroom where Nolan had spit up (gotta love when it becomes colorful after baby food is introduced), and I figured while I had the spray and was at it I should just attempt the bins. The marks all came off easily to my pleasant surprise, and I guess I should have figured they'd make crayon easy to clean off considering they're made for kids and kids are known to destroy things! 😂 Oh well, at least it's done now, my bins aren't ruined, and now I know! 🙌 

The dinner hour rolled around and I was not feeling in the mood to cook and it had been a while since we'd eaten out somewhere other than a fast food kinda place, so we decided to do curbside pick up at a fancy burger joint we hadn't tried yet. On our way home from getting the food, I was sitting in the very back of the van with Maeve (I had gotten in the back to nurse the babe while we were waiting for the food) and I looked at her and said "you are getting so tan Maeve!" and she nodded and then said "what does that mean? I'm good? I'm healthy?" 😂 - I guess it's not till we're older that we like what a tan does to our skin tone. Kids just be like whatever, my skin changed some, who cares. Nonetheless, it made me laugh. The nice thing about doing curbside pick up is that we can get just fries for the kids and then feed them other food with alongside them at home that they'll actually eat. So we did just that, and got out leftover potstickers and broccoli. The following unfolded with Rowan:

I asked him if he wanted broccoli and he said yes. I gave him broccoli. 

R: *after eating his potstickers, he looks at his broccoli* "I don't like broccoli"
Me: But you said you wanted it
R: I said I wanted it in case I like broccoli, but I don't like broccoli. But I want more potstickers. 
Me: OK... *takes plate and takes off the broccoli and puts more potstickers on it and gives it back*
R: Where'd my broccoli go? I like broccoli 

🤦🤦 I'm sorry, but what? Why do kids make no sense sometimes? He's crazy. 

Anyway, Adam and I enjoyed our burgers, although I did learn I don't love arugula on a burger - it got a little too wilty. Although maybe the problem is that we ordered to go - maybe it wouldn't have had time to get as wilty if I could have eaten it there in the restaurant. 🤔 

Saturday night after the kids went to bed, I made a variation of no bake cookies and then I was able to finish To All the Boys I've Loved Before without falling asleep (by some miracle) and it really was cute and funny! I can see why Adam would like it too. It wasn't so overly predictable as a lot of them are.

Here's a cute pic and video from the day that will blow your mind. 

Love that he cozied up to the dog 😍



Oh my gosh, I just can't! 👆😂😂😂😂 These slow motion videos are where it's at. One of the reasons I fell in love with Adam while we were dating was because of this talent of his that cracked me up every time. I have so many crazy pictures of him doing it back in the day, but this slow motion video definitely takes the cake!!!! 😂😂😂

On account of it being late, I'm gonna stop here and finish my catch up tomorrow. 

Peace and blessings. ✌️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment