Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

August 4th & 5th, 2020: Praise the Lord

Time to finish playing catch up, which has me thinking maybe it's better to make sure that I just discipline myself to write everyday so it's less of an ordeal. 😂 Luckily, I don't have a whole lot to say about yesterday and today.

Yesterday, besides the usual daily grind that's always the same, in her hour before lunch time I told the kids I'd spend time with them doing whatever they wanted and they decided they wanted me to join them in their play pretend world. So we played restaurant. They had me laughing more than once, when Maeve kept calling the menu a map, saying "here's your map, tell me what you'd like" 😂😂. Then, Rowan had a phone he was using for phone calls and he kept putting it inside the front of his undies when he wasn't using it. 🤦 Good times. At one point, I was also given the option of choosing chicken and peppers OR chicken and potatoes with either pumpkin spice or salt on top. Sounds.... interesting. 🤔😂 And then restaurants kept getting closed left and right due to coronavirus! What an ordeal haha.

Also, out of the ordinary was Maeve's friend Bella showing up on our doorstep to say hi and see if she wanted to ride her bike/scooter around with her outside for a bit. So that was fun for her! We headed to the pool after that and enjoyed ourselves till it was time to head home and make dinner. Unfortunately, I was on my own for dinner and the bedtime routine because Adam was out roofing. I was like chicken with her head cut off running around trying to get all 3 kids bathed and in bed. Poor Nolan ended up screaming for 10 minutes before I could nurse him because I really wanted to get Rowan settled so he could fall asleep while I was nursing and then I'd be able to put Maeve in bed. I was basically sweating when it was all finished, but everyone survived. 😅🤣

I am sad to say that nothing funny really happened today and it was just a typical day, for the most part. That being said, Adam did call me while he was at work and was going nuts cause something amazing happened. He calls tons of companies all day long to offer their services and usually he has to leave voicemails or has the person humoring him for 30 seconds. Today he had a lady from Publix that he spoke to in April call him back saying she was panicked and needed his help NOW! This could mean some serious money for Adam because Publix is a huge company and they need to move quickly given their terrible situation they're in right now. Adam literally started crying after the call because he couldn't believe it. There is power in prayer and we have God to thank! The meeting to discuss everything is tomorrow so we will be praying our hearts out that everything solidifies nicely. 🙏🙏🙏 We're of the edges of our seats!! 

We also found out who Maeve's teacher will be this year and she is a cute younger lady that sounds nice! Hopefully she ends up being great for Maeve. We are anxious to meet her this weekend at Meet the Teacher. 

Other than that, the only other thing worthy of noting is that Maeve has been making strides holding her breath under water, so today she actually swam some under water successfully. That was exciting to watch! 👏 

Oh and also, I made some homemade salsa tonight - a Chili's copycat recipe and it is pretty dang good!! It was so easy too, so I'm pleased. 🤗 

As for pictures, I got this photo of Nolan today when he fell asleep in the car. He is fighting sleeping in his carseat lately and will only give it up if he is exhausted! Sweet boy gave up the fight and fell asleep holding onto his toy. 🥰😍 
I also got this video 👇 of Rowan yesterday and it really shows his personality perfectly. He's a wild boy that's for sure! 



That's all I got! Peace and blessings. ✌️


No comments:

Post a Comment