Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Thursday, August 27, 2020

August 27th, 2020: Sparkle

Yesterday Rowan discovered the game Farkle and since he thinks dice are pretty awesome, he plays a very simplified version of the game but calls it "Sparkle" 😂😂 - I couldn't help but laugh when he said to me "I wanna play Sparkle" this morning. Kids always mess up words in the funniest ways.

This morning I went to the dentist again to get my new and improved crown for my front tooth that that didn't turn out well the first time. I was skeptical this time around and I had reason to be. They didn't get it right again! 😩 Another hour spent at the dentist with nothing to show for it. Pretty sure next time I go in even if they finally get it right I'm going to ask for some money back. It's one thing to not get it right the first time, but also not the second time?! That just ain't right. 

I did preschool with Rowan today and he just was not going for one of the activities as it was written. I have a feeling helping him learn is going to be a bit more of a headache/complicated than it is with Maeve. That boy has a mind of his own and it's pretty hard to ever convince him to change his mind about anything when he already has an opinion one way or another. 🤦

I also dragged the boys to Kroger around lunch time because I have sore throat right now and I needed the crappy Ramen noodles. They might cheap garbage, but man they taste pretty good and it was soothing for my throat! 💪

Life with Rowan during the day is allllways the same. He has two puzzles he is obsessed with right now and if he's not doing those with me, then he is constantly riding around on his police car. He lives on that dang thing! And from time to time he will stop and show me every sticker on it and explain to me what the stickers are showing in great detail. 😂 And then he'll yell "okay, the light's green!" and zoom off. Gotta love 3 year olds. 

Maeve showed me this picture that she drew at school and I just couldn't help but laugh when I saw it. Apparently we all have REALLY long hair now in her little eyes!!! 😂😂👌


Tonight after dinner we went to Home Depot to look at paint swatches so we can paint our master bedroom and bathroom. Brought some home and should be able to paint this weekend after I solidify a color tomorrow. I have it narrowed down pretty well and I'm excited - I think it will look great! 🙌 We also stopped at Burger King cause my throat just needed a cold milkshake. And man, did it hit the spot! 

That's about it for today. And today marks day 47,493,764 that Rowan has not eaten one bite of dinner. I am on pins and needles waiting for the day that that kid will be willing to try new things. I will likely drop dead when it happens. He wants to be like Maeve in soooo many ways, but for some reason seeing her eat all sorts of different stuff has had no zero effect on him. 🙄 Heaven help me! 

Peace and blessings. ✌️




No comments:

Post a Comment