Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

August 24th-25th, 2020: It's not today yet

Why do school mornings have to end up so chaotic sometimes? It's frustrating when it wouldn't end up being chaotic if your child would just go with the flow and do things in a timely manner. Thirty minutes should easily be enough time for Maeve to get dressed, get her hair done, and eat breakfast. BUT it's not enough time when she can't make up her freaking mind about what she wants to wear or what she wants to eat. 😫😫 Yesterday was actually fine in that department, but towards the end of our allotted time I was rushing to feed and change the baby and accidentally forgot to put her lunch in her backpack. Ugh. Adam called me when I was already halfway to the school and I did not have time to turn around without her being late, so he had to bail me out and bring it to us. He was that total weirdo walking through the carpool line... 😂😂. In hindsight, I guess I could have just dropped it off at the school myself a little later in the morning, but I didn't think about that in the heat of the moment. Today was cupcakes and roses when Maeve decided she did not like any of her clothing options that had pockets (necessary for holding her picture of us that she takes to school so she can look at me during the day when she gets sad 😂🥰) and could not pull it together and just pick something. Then she also could not decide what she wanted for breakfast and at that point she certainly didn't have time to be indecisive. 🤬 Then to top it all off, her picture of us was supposed to be sitting on our entry way table for her to grab on her way out and it wasn't there. We did not have time to find it, so ironically all that agonizing over what to wear with pockets was for nothing. Those dang pockets meant nothing now. 😫😭🤬 Cue the extra tears (she started crying from the minute she woke up both mornings because all she can think about is how much she will miss me... 🤦🥺) and cue my sanity slipping away to a far faraway place never to be found again. So yeah. School mornings are just loads and loads of fun right now!!

As for yesterday, things mellowed out after dropping Maeve off. It was an exciting day for Rowan though because he got to start his very own preschool. Last week, when I told him we were going to start a preschool soon together, with all the excitement in him he said "For just me?! Not Maeve too?! Yaaaaaaay!" 😂 The poor sweet boy is sooo excited to get to do something on his very own for the first time ever. I'm grateful for the one on one time with him and I know he's going to learn so much! He is already blowing me away with the questions he can answer that I didn't think he'd be able to yet. We're learning all about apples for our first unit and he's soaking it all up! 

During some down time after we finished up his preschool activities, I asked him if he wanted to play in his pool out back. He responded, "No... I want to play in it today, but it's not today yet" 😂🤔 He is such a crack up with all those terms. Someday he will use today, tomorrow, and yesterday correctly - in the meantime, I'll be laughing. 😂

The only other real exciting thing about the day to mention is that while I made dinner, Adam took apart the rest of the pallet wood and reconfigured it to make a sign for our front porch. We got some ideas cooking up for what it will say. It should turn out fun and cute in the end!! He also took it upon himself to repaint portions of our front and back door on the inside that needed some attention, so they're looking nice and white again.👌 While he was doing that I was watching more of The Help to help get myself out of the bad mood I was in that I mentioned in yesterday's post.

After the fiasco that this morning turned into, the rest of the day remained lowkey until this evening before bedtime. Poor Maeve struggles in the morning knowing school is quickly approaching, but then also struggles at night knowing she's going to bed only to wake up to another school day. She really doesn't hate it once she's there and is always excited to talk about it once she's home, but she still acts like she dreads going just because she can't handle missing me. I think this heightened emotion must make it hard for her to think clearly and make decisions because getting her to decide tonight what she wanted in her lunch for tomorrow was like pulling teeth. 🙄😫 Pretty sure tomorrow I'm not saying a word about it and just putting it together myself. I need some simplifying! 

Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself cause I have a couple gaps to fill in from the day. I learned during preschool that Rowan can officially identify an A in a sea of letters, so that's awesome. He had fun counting apples and eventually had to pull some cars in and count those too. He just couldn't help himself. When the love is real, the love is real. 😂 

Maeve got home from school and as per usual, she had most of her lunch still left. She always eats the rest right away after going in our house. I had surprised her with some fruit snacks in her lunchbox and she had saved those too, so when Rowan saw them I decided to let him have a pack too. He started to get antsy and it became clear he was waiting for Maeve to open hers so they could eat them at the same time. 🥰 But then Maeve said, "Hold on Rowan, I have to eat everything else first, because I have to eat the healthy stuff before I have sugary junk. I can't just eat garbage food!" 😂😂👌 You tell him girlfriend. She has certainly picked up on the importance of eating healthy food from Adam and I, that's for dang sure. We're doing something right!

She also cracked me up today when she referred to me as "girl" - I wanted to clean her ears out and she said "hold on girl!" 😂👊

I think that's about all I got. Now I'm just wondering how many more mornings it will be that Maeve wakes up in immediate tears. 🤔 I'll just be happy when this all blows over and she goes to school like a pro!!

Here's some pics.


Always watching Daddy work! 😍

Love those pretty eyes looking back up at me after I feed him! 😍😍


Maeve has chosen to play Hide and Seek as her after school activity with me before it's time for me to make dinner and such. She told Rowan to hide like this. 😂😂👏 Nailed it! 

Sorting apples yesterday! 

Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment