Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

August 26th, 2020: Bye, enjoy your shower!

Whyyyyyyy can't Maeve make decisions anymore?! I ask that, but really, deep down I know the answer. Anytime it's time for her to think about anything related to school, her emotions are heightened and all she can think about is missing me. I'm sure it's harder for her to think clearly, so in that flustered state why should I expect her to easily be able to decide what she wants to wear to school? Man, this morning was another rough one getting her ready to go and I've resolved to be more understanding and loving and stop myself from getting impatient too quickly. It is not helping a dang thing and I know that! The poor girl just needs extra love during this emotional transition. Her whole world has been rocked to the core, so I need to get on her level and give her a little more grace. Parenting is not for the faint of heart, I tell you. 😰 I'm hoping and praying for smoother days ahead and patience that comes easily.

All I really have to say otherwise is... 

1. When I went upstairs to take a shower today Rowan said to me, "Bye, enjoy your shower!" 😂🥰

2. Rowan insists his grapes be cut in half lately. Yesterday and today I didn't get to cutting them quickly enough and Maeve said, "I know what to do!" and proceeded to bite each of them in half for him. 😍😍 Call me crazy, but that is about the sweetest thing that I've witnessed as a mother. Especially because I have done that so many times for each of my kids between 1-2 years of age. She is a special one and Rowan is lucky to have her! 

3. We played Spot It tonight as a family before the kids went to bed and almost every single time Rowan would just immediately ask me what his match was, and if he didn't, he would just call something out at random and lay the card down even though what he said did not make a match with the top card. 😂🤦 We really should have just been a team, but he brought some good laughs with his shenanigans. 

4. I deep cleaned the living room rug again tonight. I sure love my rug, but it gets visibly dirty so quickly and I hate that! But I'm at least glad we've got a carpet cleaning vacuum now to take care of it as often as I want to.

And now for some pictures of Rowan and Nolan when Rowan kept asking to hold him. They are quickly becoming good little buddies now! There was lots of laughter from Nolan during this play time. 😍😍

I'm not sure why Nolan's thigh looks so incredibly huge here... 😂



I think this is my shortest post to date! 😲 

Peace and blessings. ✌️


No comments:

Post a Comment