Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Thursday, August 13, 2020

August 13th, 2020: In the bed section

Today Maeve had her first FULL day of school! I didn't struggle yesterday with her being gone, since the half day felt pretty short, but today felt long and I have to admit that I did cry once during the day because I missed her. The house is a lot more quiet without her here and it just feels like less is going on - I'm just not used to it yet. I love Rowan and Nolan to death, but I also love her to death so it feels like a piece of my heart is missing and that's hard. I'm sure with time it will feel normal and all will be well.

I will say that Rowan was being so dang funny today and he helped lighten the mood for sure, so that was a blessing. We'll see if that becomes a new normal now that I have even more time to really focus on just him. He sure is a funny little dude. Here's a list of all the funny things he said today:

~This first one involves Maeve too, but this was an exchange between them on the way to school: 

R: I'm bigger than Maeve and I'm bigger than Rowan 
M: No, Rowan, I'm bigger because I'm bigger and you're smaller 

Some great reasoning there from Maeve... 😂🤔

~On our way home from dropping Maeve off, Rowan said "We will drop Maeve off at home when it's 3 points" which really translates to "we will pick her up at 2:30" 😂😂 

~At 8:26am Rowan and I had this conversation:

R: Mommy, I need candy
Me: Uhh, no
R: Why? 
Me: Have I ever given you candy just randomly this early in the morning?
R: Um yeah, right now, so give me candy

As well played as that was, it remained a hard fast no from me so he proceeded to pull over the kitchen chair to climb on it and see if he could reach the top of the fridge himself (where the candy was) only to find out he couldn't. Then he pulled a stool over that was the same height and still had no luck and was forced to give up 😂😂

~While I was doing some dishes, he ran over and said "Ta da!!!" and showed me a softball and this conversation followed:

Me: Oooh, you got a softball 
R: No, it's a baseball
Me: It's actually like a baseball, but called a softball because it's soft. They made those so younger kids could play.
R (points to himself): Rowan's a younger kid

... 😂😂

~I made pancakes this morning and we had this conversation:

R: Mommy, don't eat all the pancakes because Maeve likes pancakes. 
Me: I won't buddy. You're so sweet to think of your sister!
R: My sister?

... I guess he's not aware that Maeve is his sister 😂 

~I was nursing the baby at one point and he said "What are you doing to the baby?" 😂🤔 I have only been nursing the babe in front of him for 8 months now... 😂

~This might be my favorite one. I looked over to see Rowan had the fridge and freezer both wide open for no apparent reason, but Nolan happened to be gazing into them. We had this exchange:

Me: Rowan, shut the fridge and the freezer dude!!
R: No, because Nolan wants air...!

...It's news to me that a baby could "need some air" 🤣😂😂

~I was making my bed and had just put the baby in his bed for a nap, but Rowan came upstairs and opened the baby's door. I asked him what he was doing and he came back out and said "Oh, I was looking for you! You're in the bed section" 😂😂😂 I just might have to start calling my bedroom the bed section now...!

~I was putting away clothes in my room and Rowan kept asking me to find him. He would hide in my closet every time  and then pop out after I said "Where could Rowan be?!" Before going back into the closet for probably the 20th time, he said "This [game] is called finding people" 😂👏

~One of the times I took him potty, he let out a toot and we both laughed. I said "You tooted!" and he said, "No, that was a fake toot from my butt" 🤔😂

~I was doing my scripture study and he wanted to be my helper by handing me my scripture marking pens when I needed them. You can see below how that went south quickly when he went from being my cute helper to saying "Look at the pens!" and I found them like so in the 3rd pic down... 🤦‍♀️😂





I also got this video of him and I just love it. It's probably one of my new favorite videos.

Two seconds after I stopped recording and he'd nearly finished his cup of milk, he said "this almond milk is grossie!" 😂🤔 


He is riot, that's for sure. Gotta love 3 year olds - they always keep you laughing! 

2 final noteworthy thoughts before I get outta here... 

1. Maeve had a great first full day of school! She said she had no problem getting to her class on her own and knew where to go, so that was reassuring for me, and she also said that she had fun the whole day and didn't ever think the day was feeling too long and that she wanted to come home. So that's also great news! She kept sharing more details with me as the night went on and everything she said was great and she sounded so mature talking about it. 😍 My little girl is growing up!

2. The kids turned into wild circus animals during dinner. They were bouncing off the walls! It was truly insane and the word butt was used so many times that I eventually had to tell them they wouldn't get candy if they said it one more time. Guess who lost their candy? That would be Rowan. True story! 

And with that, peace and blessings. ✌️


No comments:

Post a Comment