Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

August 2nd & 3rd, 2020: End of Discussion

Sunday:

We had ourselves a nice little Sunday. Things got a little crazy right when we were about to do our home church and Luna kept throwing up. Poor doggie threw up 3 times. It was pretty nasty and she even tried to eat it once. Why are dogs so disgusting? Zoey does the same thing and she freaking LIVES for baby spit up. She is alert and just salivating on the edge of her seat waiting for that stuff to fall out of Nolan's mouth. I'm convinced it's the real reason why she likes to stay nearby him. Gag me! What's even nastier about that is she is such a licker - always trying to lick our faces, legs, feet, etc. It drives me nuts and not to mention grosses me out considering the stuff she eats with that tongue, but the kids entertain it. Tonight she seriously went to town on Maeve's face for a solid minute. Even Maeve eventually was like, "OK Zoey, that's enough" and she still kept trying to go back for more. She's nuts! She's just got a lot of love to give I guess. 😂 I digress! Back to where we were - after the 3 throw ups she seemed better luckily. We got our home church done, which was lovely as usual. The kids are obsessing over the scripture power song right now and I just love how into it they get. Maeve was even singing it today. 🥰 

After we finished up, I decided to make some cinnamon swirl bread. It's been fun to experiment with bread making lately and try out some different recipes. They've all turned out tasty, I just need to work on beautifying the shape of the loaf and such. I kind of like that it's a process - I end up getting some good time to myself and Adam usually ends up wrestling or engaging in some sort of physical play with the kids while I do it and they certainly eat that up. On this particular occasion, they played horsie on him and loved every second. They also did some slow dancing together, which was really cute because Rowan would say "I present - Maeve!" and out she'd come to waltz around with him for a bit and then he'd say "I present - cars!" and they'd go over to some cars that had set up on the table and play with them for a bit. They kept alternating between the 2, but every time saying "I present" while I was their audience. 😂😍

Maeve's cute primary teachers have reached out to us quite a bit during this quarantine and Sister Dodge was so sweet to want bring over a treat for us on Sunday - she made a Reeses Poke cake for us and it is divine, let me tell you! I am still enjoying some of it each night and the kids haven't cared about it, but I'm not complaining that that means more for me. 🤗 So nice of her to spoil us.

After dinner, we took an evening walk with all the dogs and the kids rode their scooters. Rowan got himself ahead by a bit at one point and Adam told him to slow down so he could make sure he was fine and he said "I'm okay Daddy, I didn't get hit by a car!" 😂 What a relief.

We actually called it a night pretty early after the kids went to bed cause I was tired, and I thought to myself "Look at me, I'll get extra sleep and be more than ready to wake up early in the morning!"..... Yet somehow when my alarm went off, I didn't feel any less tired and managed to just turn it off in a state of delirium, so I ended up sleeping in. How does that work out?! Getting extra sleep to just feel more tired...? Super lame. 

Monday:

Since I got off to a late start, I may or may not have given the kids extra screen time so I could still get work out and scripture study in. It's hard to let go of that and I just wanted to keep the peace. 🙈 At least those are worthy reasons, right? 

After that, the kids were playing doctor on each other. For some reason, lately they've been using tools as their props instead of their doctor kit supplies... Not sure why. 🤔 But as I was feeding the baby, I asked Maeve if she could let the dog in and she responded "Hold on, I have a patient" as she was working on Rowan 😂 - I looked up to see him laying on the coffee table on his back with his legs pulled into his body so his bum is in her face and she's taking a pretend nail and sticking it where his bum hole is...!! I asked her what she was doing and she said "I'm just checking his blood to make sure it's fine. But I'm not actually going though his clothes, it's just pretend!" 😂😂 Love when she feels the need to reassure me that something is pretend. Too funny. Still not sure why it had to be done through the bum hole, but they both took turns doing this on each other and I just stopped asking questions. Crazy kids! 

After the dogs got picked up, we went out to deliver 2 of the loaves of the cinnamon swirl bread that I made (it made 3 loaves) to a couple different ward friends, including Maeve's primary teachers since they were so nice to give us the cake, I wanted to share the love with them too. We got to chat for a bit, which was fun. They're empty nesters, with their youngest son on a mission and just got their first grandson around the same time Nolan was born. They're so nice and cute with the kiddos. We also brought a loaf to another friend who just recovered from Coronavirus. Luckily it didn't spread to the rest of her family, but she was down for 10 days pretty miserable. After delivering the bread, we went to Walmart to get all of Maeve's school supplies. She also picked out a Frozen backpack - shocker there!

A couple other funny tidbits from the day:

~Rowan has been wearing a pull up to bed lately and for some reason he says it's been bugging him recently. Like rubbing him weird or something. The last time he complained of this I just put him in normal undies and then he wet the bed. So last night, I suggested putting normal undies on with the pull up over top to at least keep his bed in good shape. He thought it was the best idea ever and with a hop in his step as I was getting ready to put the pull up on over top he said "Let's try it! This is gonna be excited!" 😂 Which really meant exciting.

~Maeve was slap happy getting ready for bed and used the phrase "end of discussion" correctly at one point, but then after she said it she asked what it meant... 😂😂 I guess she got lucky. We laughed of course and then she kept throwing it out left and right thinking she was so hilarious... 🤦🤣

As for pics, I only snapped this cute pic of Nolan after our Sunday walk. Adam and I think his face is changing by the day right now. Getting less babyish everyday! 😭



As for today, I'm gonna write about it tomorrow. Perpetual catch up... 😂 

Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment