Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Thursday, August 20, 2020

August 19th - 20th, 2020: Tears for days

Oh boy. Today was a doozy. But first, we have to talk about yesterday. By some miracle, the boys and I made it out the door early enough to go to Costco before picking up Maeve from school. So far during this pandemic, samples have been pretty nonexistent aside from handing out individual prepackaged kinda stuff. But yesterday, I noticed a bunch of sample tables were set up, but it was so bizarre because as I got closer to each of them I realized that all I saw was a plate of food being showcased from behind a plastic barrier and that was it. I'm not really sure what the point of that is other than seeing what the item looks like when it's cooked...? Seems kinda pointless to me to display and pay a worker to just stand there next to it doing nothing. 🤔 It was weird. But I did score a pack of ramen, so that was kinda cool. I am all about freebies! 🙌 

We made it back just in time to pick up Maeve and she made me laugh a couple times telling me about her day. She used the phrase "I'm pumped up" and then actually realized it wasn't what she meant to say, but it was funny to hear because we never say that in our house! She's clearly already picking up new lingo from school. 😂 She also was mentioning one of her classmates and said "she's so cute, she was wearing all pink!" - it was kinda funny to hear her say she thought one of her peers was cute. I didn't think it would be as early as age 5 that a kid would start noticing/talking about looks. Unfortunately, then she told me something that was pretty depressing because I was not expecting to deal with this kind of thing yet, but apparently 5 year olds are already capable of being pretty mean. 😔 She said that at recess one of the girls whispered in her ear to tell one of other girls that they couldn't be friends with her anymore. Sadly Maeve didn't think about how that would be mean to say and just fell to the pressure and said it to the other girl. But then this other girl responded by saying "I'll fight with you if you won't be friends with me. So either we fight or you tell me you'll be my friends" and at that point they both agreed to be friends with her. I'm sorry, but what?!? Why on earth would any little 5 year olds be saying terrible stuff like that to each other?? It was pretty disturbing to hear and I kinda couldn't believe my ears. Of course we had a chat about how no one can ever make her say anything to anyone else that she doesn't feel comfortable saying and it's up to her to choose to only say kind things to others. I also told her she should always be kind to others no matter what, but if others are not being very kind she does not have to keep playing with them. Sheesh, who knew we'd be having conversations like this during the second week of Kindergarten?! So disheartening. 😟 

I also learned yesterday that Rowan knows that 7 o'clock is when he is supposed to get ready for bed and the words "it's not 7 o'clock yet" actually came out of his mouth. These kids just keep getting smarter before my eyes without any effort on my part in some areas. They're like little sponges absorbing all sorts of stuff and it's crazy! Today Rowan even took it upon himself to conduct his own little telling time lesson because Maeve is working on it right now. He's certainly ahead of the game - but if Maeve is doing it, he's in! 😂 More power to ya boyfriend. 

Today I had to experience one of the saddest moments ever. I did all I could yesterday to talk Maeve through her sadness and even printed out a picture of her and I for her to take to school to look at whenever she started to feel sad in hopes that it would help her. I was hoping this would keep her from starting the day off super sad, buuuut she still broke down before getting out of the car. I tried to cheer her up in the couple minutes I had, but she was still crying when she got out of car. I give her props for being willing to get out of the car still despite her sadness, but I haaaaated having to drive away from her seeing her look at me one last time with tears in her eyes still. 😭😭😭😭😭 There is nothing worse! Talk about ripping my heart out. It was so sad and I just hated that I had to leave her like that. I definitely broke down after I looked away and kept driving out of the parking lot. And I also broke down a few other times after that randomly just because of thinking about it. 🥺 It's no picnic dealing with the transition of sending your kid out from under your wing. It will be so good for her eventually, but I just hope we get there sooner than later!!!

Anyway, after dropping off Maeve, I finished my work out and then the boys and I stopped by Kroger for a few things because I wanted to make these breakfast bites and needed more Cheerios for it. I also thought of a few more school lunch ideas for Maeve and I wanted to pick up that stuff. I made the breakfast bites after getting home and they are so good! They may or may not be dangerous... I find it's easier to overdo it when you are dealing with bite sized stuff. It's so easy to keep popping them in! 😂 We'll see how long they last.

Other than that, I do have a couple funny Rowan quotes to share from the day. He was playing a game at one point where he was throwing blankets over himself and falling to the ground underneath them. He kept saying "I'm splashing them!" 😂 but then he also said in reference to falling on ground "it doesn't hurt my butt, but it feels good a little bit." 😂🤔 Not exactly sure why it would feel good, but who knows! He's crazy. He also got mad at Maeve tonight when she was messing with the vacuum and he said very passionately "it's not a toy to mess with Maeve, it's a vacuum!!!" 😂😂😂 - I certainly say "it's not a toy" about a million times a day in reference to all sorts of stuff so it's no surprise where he picked up that one. 😏 

Oh and how could I forget! I decided to give Nolan a shot on our little police car for the first time - he loved it and Maeve had fun pushing him around. There if something about a tiny body on one of those things that is just so stinking cute. Naturally I had to take a video.


And with that, I'm outta here to finish cooking up some clothes. Just add some oxy clean and they're a real delicacy. 😂

Peace and blessings.✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment