Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Sunday, August 30, 2020

August 28th, 2020: It's Friday, Friday...!

What a weekend! It has been a busy one, that's for sure. Because of having my family zoom call tonight though, I will only talk about Friday in this post since it's getting late. 

I have always loved Fridays and would say that it's my favorite day of the week. As of the last 5 or 6 months, Maeve has realized the beauty of Fridays as well and has also deemed it her favorite day of the week. It is really cute to see how excited she gets anticipating every Friday - she usually has in her mind what special outfit she will wear, what favorite breakfast and lunch foods she will eat (cause no question about it, dinner will always be potstickers! 😏), and now we've developed a new tradition of watching a movie together (with Rowan too) after school on Fridays. So she also gets loves  thinking and talking about what movie we will pick - all that said, I must say, now I especially love Fridays! Considering I already did and now I have a little partner in crime who really gets excited with me. The movie nights are fun too cause it's a big deal - lots of popcorn and tootsie rolls! Go big or go home, am I right? Even though last Friday we watched Zombies 2, she couldn't help herself and wanted to watch it again. 😂😏 Adam laughs when I complain that she usually sticks to the same movies all the time instead of picking a new one every time because I used to be queen of watching my same favorite movies all the time. Sooo I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and I have myself to blame for it. 🤷‍♀️

I should also mention that on Friday for preschool, Rowan was in heaven exploring an applesauce sensory bin with scoops and spoons. We even dyed the applesauce pink and he went to town and got applesauce all over the place (including himself) outside. Sometimes it's better when I just walk away and let them play because every bone in my body would have been wanting to intervene and and maintain the mess. I just can't help myself, so outside away from my line of sight is the best way to go. Kids gotta be kids ya know! 

Before bed, Rowan was cracking me up though because as per usual him and Maeve were way too energetic running around like crazy wild animals, but he kept running into Maeve and basically body slamming her. 😂 He'd immediately bust up and laughing and so would she. And for a hot minute they did that on repeat. Crazy kids!! 

I suppose that's all I got, so here's a couple pics from Rowan's applesauce fun and a video of Nolan and Zoey that I got. Forever besties in the making!

His hands were completely covered! And he definitely had to get a whole new outfit after going inside. 😅





No comments:

Post a Comment