Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Friday, August 7, 2020

August 6th, 2020: Wanna write that down?

You gotta love when just a few minutes after getting out of bed, something is already happening to make you laugh. Rowan woke up at 6:45am and came into our room just a few minutes after I had finished feeding the baby. I needed to get out of bed so I decided to get out and have him crawl into my spot in hopes he'd lay there longer and maybe even fall back asleep with Adam in bed still. As I was in my closet getting my work out clothes on though, he opens the door and says "I'm done with one sleep" 😂 basically letting me know he's not wanting to go back to sleep in our bed in the slightest. Then he said "because I'm full for sleeping!" 😂😂 - I love him so much.

[I fell asleep last night after I wrote this paragraph above. That's probably the first time I've fallen asleep in the middle of writing something, but my tiredness came out of nowhere and hit me like a brick! 🤦‍♀️ So I'm actually finishing this in the middle of the day right now, while the kids are in their own little world playing.] 

So of course after greeting me with those cute words, downstairs he went with me to do my work out. I got a quick work out and shower in before heading to the dentist to get my perfect new crown put on my front tooth, which I was so excited about. Sadly, they put on the finished product, I looked in the mirror and it really didn't match my other teeth very well sooooo they had to take it off and note some adjustments so a new better one can be made. And now I will wait 3 weeks again. Such a bummer! It has me nervous that in the end whatever they make still won't match my other teeth perfectly cause maybe that's too good to be true when you're basically making a fake tooth and I'll end up feeling like I did it for no reason.... 🤷‍♀️ I'm hoping that's not the case, but I guess we'll see. Pray for me. 😂🙏 It may seem vain to be worried about something like this, but it is my smile we're talking about. I think it's human nature to get at least a portion of our confidence from our smile, so I'm hoping it won't look jacked up. 🤞🤞 

After I got home and took care of some cleaning and made lunch for the kids, they were eating while I was feeding Nolan solids. To preface what I'm about to share, whenever the kids say or do funny things, I make a quick note of it on my phone so that when I'm writing these posts, I can remember those things. Otherwise I forget a lot of them within minutes. 🤦🤦 SO, back to that moment - I'm kind of in the zone feeding him, so I'm tuning out the kids, but then Maeve stands up and comes over to me and says, "Wanna write that silly thing down, Mom? You know how you write silly things down that we say? On our games (that's what they call their tablets), there's a monster truck that jumps over a bus and we just said that the monster truck jumps over and lands on a piece of peanut butter bread! [she busts up laughing] So you wanna write that down Mommy?" 😂😂😂 She's so funny always noticing the things I do and then pointing out when I should do them. I told her I would write it down, but little does she know, that entire blurb comment from her ended up on here and not just the part she deemed as funny. 😂 Then a couple minutes later she said, "This peanut butter roll up is pooping [busts up laughing]... Wanna write that down too??" She kills me. 🤣 And for the record, a peanut butter roll up is like a cheesy roll up from Taco Bell, except for it has peanut butter spread in the middle instead of cheese. My kids are a little obsessed with peanut butter and most of their lunches are just some sort of variation that  involves peanut butter. Peanut butter bread, peanut butter roll up, peanut butter crackers.... You get the picture. 

We hopped over to the store to grab one thing I needed for dinner and somehow ended up getting a few other things, but I'm sure that's how it goes for a lot of people. One of those extra items was granola bars - I was trying to pick out a kind that would be good for Maeve's school lunches that she would like. When we got home she tried it and in fact did not like it because it was crunchy (one of those nature valley ones) and then she said she would like it if it had peanut butter, chocolate chips, and raisins in it. 🤔 Also, let it be known, at the store she said she doesn't like raisins, so girlfriend doesn't even know what she wants/likes! 🤦‍♀️ Heaven help me.

The only other fun thing we did worth noting was a painting craft after dinner. I found one on pinterest that looked pretty cool, but also seemed simple enough Maeve could do it well. I failed to remember that she is not good at making straight lines, so as I watched her do it I was basically cringing on the inside and it turned out pretty much nothing like it was supposed to. 😂 Luckily, it's really just about the process and it was still fun for her. Rowan got it on the action too and it was a messy fun time. I think the part he liked the most was having paint all over his hands and seeing the water turn colors as he washed it off. 😂👏 

Well, I better wrap this up. Here's a couple pics and a video from the day. 

I had to laugh when I found him chilling underneath this. 😂 Getting anywhere and everywhere he can!

She looks so long and skinny! 😂😂

👆👆 This is just proof that Nolan is tough and it did not phase him at all to get kicked in the head 😂, and the kids are pretty much always talking about butts or poop. 🤦🤦

And with that, peace and blessings.✌️


No comments:

Post a Comment