Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Sunday, August 23, 2020

August 21st - 23rd, 2020: Livin la vida Costa

Another weekend in the books. And an EXCITING one at that thanks to my discovery that there is a Costa Vida here in Tennessee!!! ðŸ˜ēðŸĪŊ🕚I was craving it on Friday and had the thought of checking to see if either Cafe Rio or Costa Vida had opened a new store closer to us and what do ya know!! I was shocked to find out that there one opened in Spring Hill 4 months ago and it's only 30 minutes away!!! Hollaaaaaa. Life made! 🙌 We would have gone that night if it weren't for Maeve and her whole world crumbling at the thought of not having potstickers on a Friday night. I even proposed the idea to her on the way home from school just to see if going out might sound more exciting to her and she started crying and said "Don't you know you can't suggest that Mommy?! You know we have potstickers on Fridays!!!" 😂ðŸĪĶ I don't think her response would have been quite so emotionally charged if she weren't still overwhelmed by being away from me for so many hours because of school. Her emotions are high in general right now! BUT I think we are turning a corner because even though she cried again leaving the car on Friday morning, her teacher sent me a message saying she entered the classroom tear free so she managed to pull it together during her walk to class! 🙌🙌 It was definitely a relief for me to hear that. 

Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's rewind to Friday morning:

I hit the jackpot on Thursday and Friday morning because for the first time, they started letting some cars unload in the front of the school for drop off and I got directed to the front BOTH days, which means there is no line to wait in. 🙌 Who knows how often I'm going to get lucky moving forward but it's nice to know it will at least happen sometimes! I do think it was a blessing both of those days because showing up 15 minutes early to class gave Maeve a chance to get her tears out before the school day really started. 

Rowan earned a new beach toy the night before that he can play with outside with water and he LOVES it, so he was playing with that for a while in the morning after we got home. Eventually he wanted to switch to playing with it out front instead and when I asked him why, he said, "There's a bug out back so I can't play out there because it might crawl up my leg and do something." 😂😂 The generality of that statement cracked me up. 

While I was feeding the boys lunch, Adam called me to say that his boss let him leave work early!! Hollaaa. So he ended up showing up around 1pm which was nice because it meant I didn't have to drag the boys with me to pick up Maeve. A win for them and a win for me so that I could have some peace and quiet by myself. Maeve was quite excited to see the empty car and fknd out that Daddy was already home! 

After school, we got her school reading program set up. She's supposed to spend an hour on it each week outside of school so she got got her hour in. Then we had our beloved potstickers dinner followed by movie night! We watched Zombies 2, which I hadn't seen yet. Those movies are honestly just as entertaining for me so that was a win! 😂🙌 The kids loved getting to eat popcorn and fruit snacks. 

The best part of the night though was picking up some Crumbl cookies after putting the kids in bed. The flavors this week were Oreo, Cinnamon pretzel, Chocolate crunch, and Reeses Pieces and they were 👌👌 - let me tell you!! I attempted to watch The Help with Adam sitting next to me on the couch doing something else on his phone - he wasn't really interested in seeing it again - but I fell asleep after 15 minutes. I reattempted on Saturday night and you guessed it... made it through about 15 more minutes before falling asleep again. 😂🙈 My name is Megan and I have a problem. 

Saturday:

Adam went roofing in the AM. While he was gone, I enjoyed a cuddle session on the rocking chair with all 3 kids full of hugs, kisses, and lots of cheek squeezing - poor Nolan couldn't catch a break between both kids and I but he takes it like a champ. Maeve also thought she was so hilarious to tickle all of us, especially since I am very ticklish. 😂 

Later in the morning, Maeve and Rowan were on pretend phones with each other and Rowan pulled up to her on his police car and said, "Excuse me, my wheel is broken so I need to go to the battery station... Bye bye" 😂😂ðŸĪ” - then Maeve helped him "put new batteries in" - these kids and their wacko imaginations!! 

I got to escape to Hobby Lobby after Adam got home to pick out stuff for our DIY bathroom project with our pallet wood. We officially decided what we wanted to do with it and Adam got his part done with the wood, so I had fun picking out flowers for flower arrangements to go inside two mason jars that will eventually get glued into the wood to get hung on the wall above the toilet. But first, I need to paint the jars with chalk paint and I went all over kingdom come to try and find cottage white chalk paint and they didn't have it in stock anywhere!!! Such a freaking bummer. 😭 It's going to be so cute when it's all finished and I am anxious to see the finished product!! Hopefully I can get my hands on some this week. 

Which brings us to the most anticipated part of the weekend..... hitting up Costa Vida for dinner!!! We pulled up and asked Maeve if it looked familiar to her at all from when we used to go back in Texas (they actually opened one there too while we lived there and Adam won free Costa Vida for a year so we went every month that year! 🙌), but she said no. Then Rowan chimed in and said "I remember eating here" 😂 - what a sharp memory for a 2 month old, which is how old he was before we moved away. 😜 Man, that sweet pork really does hit the spot eeeevery single time. SO. GOOD. It's so good that even though I have to eat it cold leftover since I get the salad, it still tastes good enough cold! So I thoroughly enjoyed getting a second meal out of it on Sunday for lunch.

For the sake of time, I'm going to stop here. 

Here are some pics from Friday and Saturday! 

Nolan kept making this facial expression on Friday and it was cracking us up! Rowan is finally starting to give him more attention now that it's just the 2 of them during the day. 😍👏

❤️ these cute boys! It's too bad Rowan's eyes are a little funny in this pic otherwise it would be total gold. 

We were able to capture Nolan's silly face in a video and it is just too good! 👇👇



Of course had to document our excitement at Costa! I was actually just gonna take a selfie, but Maeve saw me and jumped in and is killing it with her excited face and peace sign 😍😍

Maeve's basically saying it for me... peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment