Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Thursday, July 30, 2020

July 30th, 2020: I'm rotten to the core

We haven't had a totally sunny beautiful day for a while now. Lots of summer rainshowers and thunderstorms going down in the afternoon these days and it's made going to the pool tricky business. This morning was rainy and gloomy and I figured we'd be stuck inside all day, but it actually did end up clearing up enough and the sun sorta came out so we were able to rush to the pool before it was closed for the day. There was another little girl there that seemed pretty close to Maeve's age, maybe 4, and they had a lot of fun playing together. The little girl's mother was there by herself, but then a guy showed up and it became clear pretty quickly it was not a husband, but a love interest. People watching and listening is one of my favorite things to do and sometimes it's bad because I get sucked in, but try not to make it look like I'm listening too closely.... 😂. It brought me back to the days of dating though. Feels like forever ago!

A little rewind though, before the pool, Maeve spent a good chunk of the afternoon making a bunch of cards for some family and friends. She wrote some substantial messages, but I totally nailed it because I sat down with her initially and wrote out what she wanted to say to everyone, so that she had a template to copy as she was writing in each card. I must say, I am impressed with her focus - she stayed with it until she was finished with all 6 cards and had fun decorating them too. It took a good couple of hours! I may or may not encourage her to do it more often, because she obviously enjoyed herself since she stayed on task so well, and it gave me some time to get some housework done! Double win! Rowan did some puzzles while she worked. 

Speaking of housework, am I the only one that intends to do certain cleaning jobs, sometimes even starting them, only to have to go somewhere else in the house to grab something and then I end up getting distracted by something else in that area and before I know it I've gotten other jobs done and totally forgotten about the first job....?? Holy run-on sentence. Like take yesterday - I thought I would treat some stains in some clothes by boiling them on the stove with Oxy clean and got the water on to boil. I then went upstairs to get the Oxy and seeing the state of the upstairs completely distracted me and before I knew it, I was cleaning the entire upstairs! 🤦 It took me a while to even remember I had put the water on to boil. 🙈🙈 Luckily my kids are kind of afraid of the stove since they know it can get hot, so they know to stay away from it, but it was still a fail on my part! 😅 Then today I had the intention of showering, but Maeve distracted me before hopping in (but after turning the water on), so I went downstairs to help with something and once again got totally distracted with other tasks. Once I went back upstairs 30 minutes later, I had completely forgotten that I turned the shower on in the first place!!! Oops. 🤦‍♀️ 

Rowan was kind of on a roll again today with his funny comments, such as...

~While making my bed, he came in and said "I'm gonna jump, but I won't mess it up Mommy while you're building your bed! 😂😂 

~At one point, he said he wanted juice and could open it. He did in fact open the bottle and and exclaimed, "I did it! I'm strong!" 😍

~While nursing the babe at one point today, Rowan started to sweetly caress Nolan's cheek, while singing the lyrics "I'm rotten to the core" from Descendants 😂😂 - no need for sweet lullabies in this house 😏

~Randomly, at one point Rowan jumped on me and while squeezing my cheeks as hard as he possibly could, he said, "you're the best kid ever!" 😂🤔

~While at the pool, Rowan started to chat up a storm with me and we had this convo:

R: Look! A butterfly! Do you like butterflies?
Me: Yep, do you? 
R: Yeah - butterflies aren't scary, they can't eat us. 
Me: Oh yeah?
R: Yeah, because they don't have strong mouths. Not like bugs - bugs have strong mouths and they can eat us."

😂😂 👆 This is all news to me!

~After the pool, I was trying to get Rowan back in some dry clothes and he said, "hold on, I have to do something with this towel" and then he started singing a zombies song under his towel like a ghost! 😂🤦

Gotta love that boy! Before bed, we took some slow motion videos of Rowan jumping onto the couch - Maeve got some pretty cool ones and everytime the kids would look at each video they would laugh and laugh. It was pretty cute! I have a feeling it will be the new thing they ask me to do haha.




He's quite the jumper and slow motion makes it even better! 

I believe that's a wrap. 

Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment