Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Monday, August 31, 2020

August 29th - 30th, 2020: Painting till the cows come home

I forgot to mention in my last post that on Friday night we also prepped our master bedroom and bathroom to be painted! So basically ALL day Saturday Adam was painting. I always just tackle the kids and keep them out of the way so he can paint, but this time around I did end up helping some and gave him a couple breaks! I forgot that rolling is honestly pretty fun so now I regret not requesting to do more of the rolling in all the other rooms of the house. 😂

As a side note, Adam passed some gas at one point during the day and it did not smell too pretty. Eventually Maeve called out, "Stop stinking!!" 😂😂

After the kids went to bed, while I was doing some of the rolling, being the sweet husband that he is, Adam decided to go to Crumbl cookies to get some cookies for us -- well, really for me -- he's trying to lose weight after all. So I got to take a break and indulge before finishing my portion of the rolling. Those cookies always hit the spot. Some are for sure even more heavenly than others, but I've yet to try one that isn't good. 

We finished all the rolling sometime after 11pm I think, but literally we were still up till 1:30am putting our room back together. We got so slap happy and it has been a long time since we've both been up that late together working on something. Even though it was work, it was fun to do it together and laugh about everything as we got more and more tired. 😂 At one point, we were talking about something Adam hadn't gotten done and even though it was completely unrelated he said "yeah, well.... coronavirus!" 😂😂 We both got a good laugh out of it and talked about how eventually it's totally going to be a thing where people will blame literally anything on coronavirus - it's totally gonna be an excuse in the book for any and all to use!! 😏🤭

While we were putting our room back together, I was also going downstairs a bunch to help Luna, one of the dogs we watch every weekend. Poor girl has a bacterial infection and she was not acting like herself. She kept whining to go outside and I think she was maybe avoiding going poop because she didn't wanna make a mess on herself and her poop was kinda runny because of her infection. She's a Pomeranian with long hair and she had gotten some poop remnants in her hair earlier in the day that I hadn't noticed until they were dry... 🤦🤢 I think that was also bugging her. One of the times I let her out, she was just went and plopped down right next to our van and just stared at me. Pretty sure she was telling me she wanted to go home! Poor girl. So it kinda honestly worked out that we were up late dealing with all the painting/clean up because she would have kept us awake till 2am anyway! Such a crazy, so not typical night!! 

There have been some distractions during writing this post and it's getting later than I hoped to be finished with this post, sooo I think I'm gonna stop here even though I was hoping to write about Sunday as well. I figure as long as I'm writing some each night, I won't ever get too far behind so ya know - that's the goal. That's the story of my life these days: being behind... 😅 Aren't young moms always behind?! There's always a lot that I need to/hope to/want to do and not enough hours in the day to ever fit it all in! I was just listening to a podcast episode from Jody Moore about the power of "me too" and how if we can find other people in the same boat as us it always makes us feel better. Which I find to be so true! I know I'm not the only one out there that feels like there aren't enough hours in the day, so that brings me comfort and gives me the ability to embrace it and just keep chugging along doing what I can! 🤷‍♀️

Here's a few pics from the day 👇

She's getting really good at loading on the lipstick and blush! 😂

Bear made herself right at home on Adam and I just couldn't even handle it! Soooo sweet and cute. 😍

Sometimes I just have to sneak pics of the kids sleeping... 😍

Love her arms! 😍😍

Until next time, peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment