Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

August 30th - September 1st, 2020: Dog baths and donuts

I'm just gonna say it right now.... excema sucks! After I got the nasty outbreak of it on my foot, I got a cream that I used for both my foot and my fingers and for a little while there my fingers were feeling and looking so perfect! But sadly, it's always short lived. Right now they're nuts again - peeling a lot, super tough, and I have some splits on my thumb that are painful. The most annoying part about it is that it's my pointer finger and thumb on my right hand that are affected so whenever I have to have bandaids on them because of splits (which is off and on, but pretty frequently) I can't type well on my phone anymore. First world problems, I know. So I'll get off my high horse and stop complaining now. There are worse problems out there, but I am starting to wonder if I will struggle with it for the rest of my life... 😩

Anyway, something else that is on my mind and driving me nuts is that Maeve said something funny today and I meant to write it down soon after but I didn't and now I can't remember for the life of me what she said. I can't stop thinking about it, just hoping it will come to me, but it still hasn't. This is why it's important that I take note of these things immediately... Mom brain is a real thing. 

I digress! Sunday started out so busy, which was a bummer because normally it's more restful and we could have certainly used a restful morning considering our 5 hours of sleep the night before due to being up late painting. I woke up with a headache and it only got worse by the hour, probably because I never took medicine and still did a bunch of junk. I was flying solo with the kids in the morning while Adam had zoom church meetings and once he was done with that, him and I both had to tackle bathing Luna together. I was not really looking forward to it because when she doesn't like something she lets out a really high pitched shriek that is so earsplitting and alarming cause you never know when it's gonna come. 😵 I'm surprised I'm not deaf yet! We definitely heard it a number of times between her bath and then having to clean up her hair after other poops that day. Runny poop and a long haired Pomeranian are NOT a good mix. Those shrieks actually probably contributed the most to my headache getting worse as the day went on... 🤦 We did her bath in our kiddie pool on the back patio and while we were out there, we decided to just tackle cleaning up back there and bleaching the concrete because it had gotten so green with algae. It's pretty annoying we don't get more direct sunlight back there around the clock. At least it looks a lot better again now, which is nice! 🙌 Some poop had also gotten trailed around the house where Luna had been sitting, so I also had to sanitize the couch and chair and front mat. What a mess!

After a crazy Sunday morning that bled into the early afternoon, we finally got around to having church. Maeve had promised me she would let me straighten her hair for it just to test it out again now that her hair is longer, but when it came time to do it she gave me a lot of pushback because she was so scared I was going to burn her. 🙄 Sooo annoying considering the fact that I've never burned her. It was especially frustrating too because she told me I needed to straighten my hair so we could be twins, but after I finished mine she was still reluctant. 😑 I tried recommending different things she could do while I was straightening it so that she would be distracted and maybe worry less about it - one of those recommendations was listening to a song and her response was, "but then I'll want to dance!" 😂 Honestly, a fair point. Music will always get that girl dancing! I don't even remember now how I got her to agree to let me straighten it, but she eventually did let me and looked pretty darn cute. It honestly made her look older, which I had mixed feelings about. Girlfriend is growing up! 

The kids were both pretty rowdy during the beginning of church and Rowan would not sit still. We asked to get back on the couch at one point and he said "I'm full for sitting on the couch"! 😂 It just cracks me up that that is his new phrase in reference to so many things when he doesn't want to do them anymore. Silly boy! 

In other news, Nolan pulled himself up to standing for the first time underneath the kitchen table on Sunday! Little boyfriend is growing up. It is blowing my mind that as I write this he will be 9 months tomorrow (Wednesday) and we're only 3 months away from him turning 1. 😱 Say what!? His first year is going by in the blink of an eye and I might have to go cry in my closet about it. 😂😭 He is too much and I just want him to be my little baby forever! His baby laugh is the best. Rowan loves to squeeze his cheeks right now and he cracks up every time. Soooo cute and funny! 

The only other exciting thing to mention about Sunday is that I made homemade crescent rolls. The kids were so excited to eat them that after I had formed them into rolls while they were rising one last time, Rowan carried one over to me raw and said "Can I eat this?" 😂 It's funny to think if I had said yes, he would just have bit right in and then spit it out I'm sure. And then you've got Maeve who in her excitement, asked me if she could also have one in the morning for breakfast and since it's not a typical breakfast for her, she said "it's fine with me if it's fine with you" 😂🤔 Good to know she approves her own request! 

I don't have too much to say about Monday because for the most part it was just another day, but I will say these three things: 

1. I helped Nolan try out the walker for the first time, which was cute and fun to do, and then Rowan joined in the fun by smacking Nolan's little bum over and over while he was standing there. 😂🤦 He thought (Rowan that is) he was being pretty hilarious by doing that. Crazy boy! 

2. I was trying to put some basketball shorts on Rowan and he was a little reluctant at first until he noticed they were basketball shorts. Then his face lit up and he said "basketball shorts??" and then ran over to his hoop and said "Look Mommy! My basketball hoop!" That's all it took for him to be jumping for joy at the thought of wearing basketball shorts to play basketball. 🥰 Needless to say, he proceeded to gladly put them on. 

3. Adam bought some donuts for everyone at his office and decided to buy enough to bring home a few for us. They were from Donut Country and man those are some good donuts!! All you need is donuts to brighten your Monday! 🙌

Which brings us to today! It was a noteworthy day because for the first time, instead of being in full on tears, Maeve only got a little bit teary eyed getting out of the car for school in the morning! Hollaaaa. Tonight before bed she told me she's feeling better about it all and doesn't need the picture of us as much now. I'll take what I can get! I'm so glad we're heading in the right direction now. She did assure me though that she still loves me more than her teacher, even though she loves her teacher too. Sweet girl! 🥰 

Preschool with Rowan today was cute as ever and after our apple activities, I cut up an apple for him to eat. It had gotten kinda beat up from some of the activities we'd already done with it so I had to cut off some bad parts so some of the slices were a bit wonky. He picked up one of the wonky ones, looked at it, and said "this apple is tricky"; then he picked up a normal one and said "this apple is not tricky". 🤔 So tricky = wonky in Rowan's book. Ha!

Poor Nolan woke up from his nap screaming hysterically - I knew something was up and ran in to find his leg totally caught between two of the bars. It was wedged in pretty good and took me a hot second to get it out. Poor little fella! 

Later, when we were on our way to pick up Maeve from school, somehow I ended up on autopilot and turned onto the road that takes us to the main drag instead of going straight like I was supposed to. Rowan brought me back out of la la land and said "Where are you going Mommy?" and I then realized what I had done. Pretty impressive for a 3 year old to notice my mistake, if you ask me. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised since we've been driving there everyday for about 3 weeks now, but really I didn't think a 3 year old would pay that much attention! 🤷‍♀️

I'm gonna wrap up with 2 funny things that Maeve said after school today. After finishing her lunch and talking with me for a bit, she wanted to call her Gram (my mom) on FaceTime. She requested that we do it together so that we'd still be spending time together, which I thought was cute. While on the call my mom was wearing a necklace and she showed it to Maeve and told her that she had bought the same necklace to give to both her and I. Hearing this, she got so excited and said "We'll be 3 twins!!!" 😂🤔 She also decided we should glam ourselves up with makeup and jewelry to show ourselves off to Gram in all our glamour. She's such a funny little girly girl! Last but not least, while she was putting together her school lunch tonight with my help, she wanted some Kix in a bag as a side. A little breakfasty, but sometimes I just roll with it, so I was pouring some into a baggy she was holding. I stopped pouring, but she said "A little bit more! One more pushing!" 😂🤔 She actually followed it with one more funny phrase and that's the one that I can't for the life of me remember. It was a weird funny phrase whatever it was! Gotta love it. 

And with that, I'm officially caught up! 🙌

Now for some pics. 👇

So much enthusiasm! I love her. 

And an abundance of sass! 😂

It's blurry, but he plopped down after I snapped this so it's the best proof I've got! 

Something about that one leg tucked under him! It was killing me how cute he looked sitting there. I could eat him!!! 😍😍

And then he smiled this big smile at me! I'm done for!!! No cuter baby has existed. 😍😍😍


Until next time. Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment