Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Monday, July 27, 2020

July 24th & 25th, 2020: Can you get the baby?

I was so going to blog last night about the weekend after watching an episode of Sweet Magnolias (starting that out, we will see how it goes), but I fell asleep while watching it soooo - lesson learned, I should just get my blogging done with before I unwind at all. 😏

Here's what's been happening around here the last few days.

Friday:
Thanks to the Primary Presidency in our ward, Maeve woke up ready and excited to celebrate Pioneer Day. Since it's pretty much a Utah holiday, she would not have even known it was Pioneer Day otherwise. I certainly wouldn't have been thinking about it! Girlfriend likes any excuse to celebrate, no matter the holiday, and she went to bed the night before thinking she'd make Pioneer day cards for friends and cousins (that may or may not have even known it was Pioneer Day). 😂😂 We ended up filling the day with enough fun that those cards didn't get made, but I gotta love her for wanting to make them. She actually said on Saturday "oh shoot, I forgot to make my Pioneer Day cards! Ugh" 😂 - she's the best. I digress! So, the Primary put together some activities for the kids to do that day and we did a couple of them. One was making these cute little homemade handcarts with my help, and both of the kids were certainly more excited to eat the finished product. They lasted as long as it took me to take these pictures. 😜






After Nolan woke up from his morning nap, we got ready to go to the pool. I put my pony-o in my hair so I could do a side braid and Maeve asked "is it waterable?" (referring to the pony-o, and what she really meant is waterproof) and that gave me a good laugh! 😂 We had some fun once there and Maeve was very excited to jump in the pool for the first time without her puddle jumper on AND without plugging her nose. She actually asked me if she could, so it was all her and I'm loving seeing the extra bravery and confidence these days in her! Still trying to convince Rowan to jump in from the side, but he won't go for it. He prefers jumping from the stairs and holding his head so high it doesn't submerge at all (although he's accidentally submerged it before and it is pretty funny how shell shocked he looks 😂)! We all jumped in together about 20 times in a row, while Nolan chilled in his stroller. I'm pretty sure I made Maeve's year by jumping in with her over and over! 💁 I had to get a video of her in her glory.


Also, this was the car ride on the way home from the pool, no joke. They were chanting this almost the entire time. "Ding dong, who's there? A cow just stuck a ______ (fill in the blank with a million different variations) up his butt" 🤦‍♀️🤣 I can't make this stuff up.... These are my children.


When we got home from the pool, Maeve was taking off her bathing suit and all the sudden I look up and see what looked like poop that was smeared on the sides of her bum cheeks along, as if it had been along the inside line of the bottom of her bathing suit where it covers her bum. I was seriously so confused as to what even happened and kept asking her if she pooped herself and she said she didn't know, but that she must have. But when I was helping her get cleaned up, I smelled a piece of it and it didn't really smell like poop so then I wondered if it was mud, but I also have no idea how that could have even gotten on her....??? I seriously am still so confused as to what happened because nothing makes sense. My mind was and still is blown!!! 🤯

Adam got home a little early from work so he was actually home soon after we got home, so we did our second Pioneer Day activity with him, which was Stick Pull - a game Joseph Smith played back in his time. The kids had fun doing it themselves first, and then Adam jumped in and it was pretty funny to watch. They were in heaven playing with him and Rowan asked to do it again a million times! I even jumped in on the kids' side and a handful of times and Adam still easily dominated. 😂😂 Here's some videos of it.





We had potstickers and broccoli for dinner (shocker) and convinced Rowan to eat his broccoli by telling him we'd get ice cream from Burger King afterwards (which surprisingly, despite his love of ice cream, he still almost gave up and didn't earn it and was acting ike he didn't even care about it 🤯, the little stinker). After finally finishing the last piece, we headed over and everyone else got ice cream while I opted for some beloved DP. 🙌 We rented a movie to watch for after the kids went to bed and as per usual, I fell asleep 30 minutes into it. 🤦

Saturday:
I woke up Saturday morning determined to figure out how to get disinfectant wipes from somewhere. I came to the unfortunate realization that the only place I could *maybe* (and that's a big fat maybe) get some was at a CVS 20 minutes away. Knowing my luck though, even if I called and they said that there  were still a few in stock, like it said online, by the time I got there they'd probably be gone. I decided it wasn't worth it.

Adam left to go roofing and the kids played on their own for a while. Seriously the new question I'm asked on repeat now is "Can you get the baby? Can you get the baby, Mom? Mom! Get the baby Mom!!!!" because poor Nolan is just trying to keep up with them and grab any toys of theirs that he can. Interesting how once Rowan was crawling, Maeve was so excited to have a baby to (sort of) play with her, but now that it's Rowan with the baby brother he couldn't care less since he's got a big sister still that can really play with him. He was really trying so hard to get the baby away from him, and despite my efforts of telling him that Nolan was simply trying to let him know that he loves him and wants to join in on the fun, he still wasn't having it. So much so that he tried to shut himself into the bathroom so Nolan couldn't take his beloved trains and cars, but soon realized the door wouldn't shut due to Adam's pull up bar hanging from the doorframe. But then he said "I know what to do!" and took the stool from the bathroom and used it to block the doorway, like so, and then sat inside the bathroom to play. 😂🤦


Poor baby Nolan, totally shafted by his big brother!! Such a rough life for that sweet little babe. But he really is starting to get into anything and everything that he shouldn't. The dog food and water is his favorite... 🤦.


A few funny moments from our Saturday morning included...

~Rowan picking up the bathroom mat and saying "maybe it's like my blanket" and trying to wrap it around himself. 😂😂

~While going potty, Rowan said "ow! My penis hurts!" I asked him why it was hurting and he said "I don't know, maybe because of the coronavirus!" and needless to say I laughed and so did he 😂😂

~Maeve had clothes on, but ended up taking them off. I asked her why she was naked and she said "I don't like being naked, but I like being best friends with Rowan and he likes to be naked" 😂🥰 - she kills me.

Unfortunately the rest of Saturday didn't really unfold like we hoped it would, but the plan was to go on a bike ride after dinner. Once Adam got home from roofing at 2, I figured it was best for him to go to the pool with Maeve to keep teaching her how to swim without me so that I could finish the movie I slept through the night before and then have dinner ready for when they got home so we could get out at a decent time on our bike ride. So the boys and I stayed home, and I finished watching The Lost Husband while Nolan napped and Rowan watched something else on tablet. It's super rare for me to watch anything mid day like that, but I didn't want to pay to have the movie for another night and it was really the only time to watch it if we were going to bike. Little did we know it would end up thundering and being lousy weather after dinner, so we didn't end up going. It was probably for the best though, since Maeve was in a terrible mood and said she wasn't feeling well. Rowan, on the other hand, tried hard to let us know it was okay to go on the bike ride still even in the thunder, reassuring us that "if it thunders, we'll just go like this" and he covered his ears. 😂😂 Gotta love that boy! Sadly for him, we still ignored the advice, and stayed home. 😏 Somehow after dinner we ended up having a family hug session on the kitchen floor, and I think that happened just because I had to squeeze Rowan after he made his thunder comment and before long everyone else joined in for a sweet little family moment. 🥰

After the kids went to bed, Adam picked up some crumbl cookies cause the flavors of the week were calling my name and sounded too good to pass up. We got Dirt Cake, Ultimate Peanut Butter, Cinnamon Roll, and Coconut Lime. They were all really good, but I think I Coconut Lime was my favorite! We devoured them while we watched some Boy Meets World. 🙌

I also just have to include these other cute pics from the day...

He just laughed and laughed when she kissed his hand. It was too much!! 😍😍

Just munching on Daddy's flip flop, probably infested with Coronavirus. 😅 Gotta love that it's almost as big as his body

Stay tuned for catch up on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday tomorrow night.

Peace and blessings! ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment