Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Monday, July 20, 2020

July 20th, 2020: Corona gettin' real

I slept in this morning in part because I stayed up too late last night writing yesterday's post. Too many goals and not enough time, is what it feels like sometimes. But it's all good, I'm calling it a win if I at least wake up early more often than not. I don't know if it's because it's summer and the sun is up so early now, but the kids rarely like to sleep in past 7:15am anymore. So really, I don't "sleep in" cause even they are up pretty early - and this morning I did not welcome it. I tried so hard to get Rowan to cuddle with me like Maeve was (I can win Maeve over easily in that regard), but he just wanted to flail and go crazy with his body. That boy is too hyper in the morning. Soooo I faced the facts that we had to embrace the morning and we all got out of bed. It didn't take long for me to feel good about getting going luckily. It helps that I really do love starting my day with my workout. That boost of energy, doing the muscles good, getting my sweat on, and actually seeing results (I do have a 4 pack now and if I could let go of sugar completely maybe I could work my way to a 6 pack.... But if I'm being honest, sugar is probably going to win 😏🤷‍♀️)... it is exactly what I need to get me going everyday and put myself in the right kind of mindset to be a good mom the rest of the day.

Our main activity of the day today was running some errands instead of going to the pool. But before heading out, I found out that some of my cousins and an Uncle on my Dad's side of the family have tested positive for coronavirus! All the sudden, it's all getting more and more real and personal. Half of my extended family attempted to still get together for the lakehouse reunion this week and corona decided to make things a little ugly. I texted some of my cousins and got the scoop and luckily, they're all doing okay relatively speaking. Hoping and praying for them that it stays that way. 🙏

We headed out to do a couple returns, pick up an order at Old Navy (new workout top for me - it's pretty cute and we've got some other stuff on the way that's being shipped), and get a few things from Walmart. Not going to lie, wearing a face mask in the summer is not so fun. It's already hot without one on, so I'm sweating even quicker with one on... But what can you do! 🤷‍♀️

The last couple of nights Maeve has gotten to bed around 9-9:30pm, but still waking up too early and boy is it showing in her behavior. That girl knows how to whine and be overly sassy when she has not gotten enough sleep, so I went out of my way to make sure she was in bed by 8pm tonight. Hopefully tomorrow is better! 🤞

Rowan has been doing better with going in the potty for the most part lately - he's earned his rewards everyday for the last few days except for yesterday when he peed sitting on top of Adam. 🤦🤦 But he had no issues today and he's got a new train to show for it! He was so excited to get it. Speaking of going potty, this morning while Rowan went potty one time he whispered to me "I'm gonna look and see if my penis is big yet" [looks down at it] "It's not big!"😂😂🤦 That boy is something else!

I think that's all she wrote for today. But I'll leave you (and by you, I mean my mom, the only one who reads this... 😂) with this picture of Nolan - it's the first time I went in to get him after his nap and he was sitting up perfectly straight. This is the huge smile he gave Maeve upon seeing her. 😍😍 There's a whole lot of love amongst the siblings in this house and it makes my heart happy.



Peace and blessings (and no corona). ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment