Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

July 29th, 2020: Laughing our heads off

I just noticed that when you view blog posts you do see the date right above the title of the post, and I normally include the date too in my title. Though it might seem redundant, the reason I'm still doing it is because sometimes I'm blogging about different dates than the date it actually is, if I'm playing catch up. So anyway, it might seem weird but it will keep me straight. Today we went to the doctor in the morning to get Rowan checked out because yesterday he squeezed out a drop off blood after he peed once. And since he had said "it hurts" a couple times as well recently, I knew something was definitely up. We found out it looks like he's got a UTI so we got some antibiotics for him to take. And just now as I'm writing this I am realizing I forgot to give him his first dose tonight. What's crazy about that is when I was putting him to bed I said a prayer with him and in my prayer I mentioned being grateful that we could go to the doctor and find out what was wrong, which reminded me before it was too late to give him his medicine. I thought YES, I'm so glad that made me remember. But seriously, in the 2 extra minutes that it took to finish my prayer I totally forgot again. Why is it that since being a mom nothing stays in my brain for more than 2 minutes?! For real though! It's a real thing and I hate it. I didn't used to have things go in and go out so quickly. Too much going on I guess! 😒🤦‍♀️

Also, why is it that whenever I read books with my kids, it only takes a couple books before I feel sooo tired and can hardly keep my eyes open?? I seriously struggle with that. On days we don't read books, I don't feel tired for one second of the day, and yet on those days that we do, all the sudden I need a nap! 😴 It's unfortunate. Today was one of those days where we read some books and I ended up cuddling with Maeve trying to sleep. Sadly, Rowan is brutal and cannot keep his body still for 2 seconds and instead loves to throw himself at people, so you can imagine how successful my attempt was to sleep for a minute. 😑 

Adam took it upon himself to start teaching Maeve how to tell time. She's gotten so excited about it that now she's over her reading lessons and just wants to focus on that. We've missed a few days of reading lessons and somehow I need to get her back on board for that too. But Adam was all cute and made her a fun clock and tacked it onto some scrap wood last night for her to practice on, so she decorated that today. The finished product 👇



Maeve and Rowan are definitely two peas in a pod - Rowan had an accident this morning (but a total of 3 before the day was over 😭 - I'm hoping his UTI is a contributing factor and that he will get back on track again as that starts to clear up 🤞🤞), and when I took off his wet shorts, I only put new undies on. During lunch, I looked over to realize that Maeve had taken her shorts off just so she could match Rowan. 🤣🤦 It's so funny to me, and Rowan definitely looks up to her a lot, yet he also likes to pull out her hair sometimes (literally - he was pulling on her hair in the car today making her scream and actually pulled some out) without even being mad at her. Like it's a fun game. Who does that??? He got an earfull from me afterwards, that's for dang sure. 

And for some funny moments of the day:

~I was doing laundry while Maeve was on the phone with her Gram (my mom) and she asked her what the doctor said about Rowan. She said "I don't know, but Mommy is upstairs doing laundry and I don't wanna get in her business" 😂😂 

~Rowan pulled out an Arthur book to read that was about making pancakes and he referred to Arthur as the "maker man" 😂👌

~I had directed Rowan to go upstairs and get some new clothes to put on and on his way back down he said "I have my clothes and also a surprise" - and then he revealed that he had wrapped up a little door stopper rubber cap in his clothes. 😂 This turned into a game of him finding a million things to hide in his clothes and surprise us with. Maeve thought it was hilarious and was laughing her head off (as she would say - that's her new phrase 😂) so I had to get a video. Never a dull moment in our house! 



~Maeve was outside with Adam this evening helping him clip off some basil from his basil plants and she said "it's so beautiful out here, it feels wonderful, the basil smells so good, and the moon is out!" - I can just see her taking it all in and having a look on her face like she's in heaven. 🧘 She's an observant girl beyond her years!! 

I think that's all she wrote! Except for a couple mroe photos. 

Waiting in the doctor's office. I might start making Rowan wear this hat everyday because he looks so dang cute in it and it covers up his bad haircut that I gave him! 🙈
Waiting at the doctor's office. 😍 I might start making Rowan wear this hat everyday because it's so dang cute on him and it covers up the bad haircut that I gave him! 🙈

He's such a sweet boy! 

He is so dang grabby though and I am including this pic because Maeve was on my phone and saw it, showed it to Rowan, and then came and told me saying, "Mommy, we just saw this picture and were laughing our heads off! It's sooo funny how he's grabbing you!" 😂












No comments:

Post a Comment