Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

July 1st, 2020: Dog Birthdays

Are dog birthdays really supposed to be celebrated? Today our dog Zoey turned 2. Maeve really was hoping I'd wrap some presents for her, just so she (Maeve) could unwrap them. 😂 Part of me wanted to let it be fun for her even though Zoey is clueless, but at the end of the day I didn't end up getting out to get her any new treats or toys or anything in time for today, so nothing special really happened. But again, Zoey has no idea so she's not missing anything - so I guess I shouldn't feel bad per se.

I'm totally a creature of routine. Recently I've decided to suck it up and attempt to be a morning person by waking up earlier than my kids to workout and shower and be ready for the day before they're needing me. Surprisingly it's gone pretty well and I actually kinda love it. I really enjoy my morning work outs and previously I would do them first thing in the morning while the kids had screen time on their tablets. This worked okay, except for the times I'd end up being interrupted a million times because the kids were thirsty, or hungry, or Rowan needed help going potty or they for some reason started trying to kill each other etc. etc. - and then a 45 min workout ended up taking 2 hours. 🙄🙄 It has been really nice to work out in total peace and quiet and I've also now been able to devote the kids hour of screen time to scripture study instead. So now the first few hours of my morning are mostly me time and it sets up the day well! Today was no different and I also made my go to healthy pancakes and listened to some Come Follow Me podcasts. Totally my jam! I love Don't Miss This and Come Follow Me For Us.

Other things that got done today:
➡️ Haircut for Rowan - painful, but not AS painful as the last one. He normally acts like I'm killing him and hurting him the entire time, whereas this time he was somewhat relaxed for part of it. Also I'm so over blonde boy hair. His hair is really hard to cut well even when he is still! 🙄 I always see spots that need fixing later when the sun hits it just right.

➡️ Preschool - more for Maeve than Rowan, but since he's with us he often participates. Today they were building with blocks and the entire time he built this he chanted "I will build it! I will build it!" repeat x 1000. 😂 He also said at one point when his tower was small "It isn't much big. I need it to be much big, so I need much blocks!" - I can't even correct grammar misused so cutely! 😍


Working on spelling G words

➡️ Made pumpkin muffins with the kids - I usually stick to the Fall for all things pumpkin but I came across a healthier recipe and wanted to try it out. They were good!!

➡️ Reading lessons with Maeve. She's getting so good so quickly! She's my little sponge and I just love her love for learning. Like she loves it so much that sometimes I hold it over her head if she's misbehaving (ie. "if you don't stop, we won't do preschool later!" 😂🙈 - call me crazy, but it gets her to cooperate usually).

And now it's time to wind down a bit and watch Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist.

Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment