Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

July 26th, 27th, and 28th, 2020: Sweaty bikerides & science experiments

I'm baaack to finish my updates. Here we go!

Sunday:

Adam had church meetings in the morning, so I made waffles while the kids had some screen time. I found a really healthy waffle recipe with no oil and loaded with applesauce that is so bomb, which I'm happy about!! I love a soft fluffy waffle that is crisp on the outside. After marrying Adam, he converted to me to cutting my waffles into strips and dipping them in syrup as opposed to pouring the syrup over top. I had always been annoyed that the syrup would soak into it so quickly and the syrup flavor wouldn't be as apparent. So then I'd feel it needed more syrup before long. Dipping it totally solves that problem and less sugar intake in the end! Win win! After his meetings we talked about our plan for the day, hoping to make a bike ride work since we couldn't do one the night before. Knowing that I needed to be on a Zoom call for BYC at 6pm, we decided a bike ride to a park for lunch was the way to go.

I'm not going to lie, I've learned that I love a good sweat in the heat of the summer if I am in breathable workout clothes without makeup on. Makeup and heat do not go well together and I can't stand sweating in normal clothes with garments underneath, but if I'm prepared for it and can avoid those 2 things, then I am all for exercising and getting my sweat on! We biked for an hour over to Barfield Park and I always carry the baby, while Adam pulls the kids behind him in the bike trailer. Let me tell you, there is nothing more satisfying than sitting down in the shade after biking for that long, taking the weight of the baby off my back, and drinking ice cold water!!! I love it so much! There is just something to be said about those kind of moments when something so simple feels so amazingly perfect and is exactly what you need. I live for moments like that! We enjoyed our faux hot dogs on the grill, giving our muscles a break, and the kids even had a total ball playing with an outdoor faucet getting all wet and cooled off themselves. The only bummer was right before we were about to leave, when Rowan told us he needed to go potty, but didn't quite make it in time and ended up with poop running down his legs. ðŸĪĒðŸ’Đ It's in moments like that when Adam is around that I'm especially happy we have a baby, because 9 times out of 10 I'm on baby duty and I was quite happy to hold the baby and watch that mess get cleaned up from the sidelines and instead of being the one to do it! 😂😉 Anyway, after that got taken care of we made our long trek back and both Adam and I were running on almost empty by the time we got back. We were sooo ready to be done in that final stretch and I kid you not, we both immediately got into our kiddie pool in the backyard with the kids and submerged ourselves as best we could!! And then we ate some popsicles while still sitting in the water. As Adam would say, "it was like angels"!!

We had planned on being home earlier from our bike ride to fit church in before my church meeting that evening, but it ended up taking longer than we thought, so I had to quickly get cleaned up and between that and dinner it was too late to fit it in without the kids going to bed late so we decided to push it off to Monday. In all of our moments of downtime in the house on Sunday though, the kids were cracking us up dancing to one of the Zombies songs - Maeve came up with this new dance move where she'd basically just fall to the ground, but it was very purposeful and always on the same beat during the chorus. Of course Rowan copied her as per usual and it was just funny to watch! They may have gotten to sit back and relax on our bike ride, but they got their work out in dancing around, that's for sure. 😂😂

Monday:

One of the highlights of the day was going to the library, which we hadn't done in forever. I decided it was time to get some good kids books on manners, respect, understanding/dealing with emotions, and diversity/race. Just some fitting topics to learn about given our current struggles at home as well as the struggles in the world. They also picked out some other books of their choice, which meant lots of Fancy Nancy books (always). Another highlight was doing some science experiments. I always have fun googling those because some are so easy to do, but honestly pretty cool! They probably liked this balloon one the most. Gotta love vinegar and baking soda!


Rowan was on a roll on Monday making me laugh. Some of those funny moments include:

~Calling hand sanitizer "hanitizer" 😂

~Maeve wanted to play I Spy in the car on the way to the library, but Rowan said "I'm full for I Spy" - his way of saying he didn't want to 😂😂. I guess it makes sense why he'd say that considering when we're full we don't want to eat anymore food. In the same vein, he had no room in his life to enjoy playing that game... ðŸĪ·‍♀️

~We did in fact have a short church meeting after dinner and while we were supposed to be working on quieting down and being reverent, Rowan thought it would be funny to spank Maeve's butt on repeat. He kept chanting "spank your butt!" while smacking her bum and she kept cracking up. 😂ðŸĪĶ

~During the evening hours, Adam happened to fart out loud basically right on Rowan's face. It caught him by surprise and he screamed like a little girl! 😂😂

And that brings us to today (Tuesday)! It was a pretty low key day, but a few noteworthy things to mention are:

~When Rowan woke up, he came downstairs and the first thing he said to me was "Mommy, I'm full for my bed" meaning he was done sleeping 😂 - I guess "I'm full for...." is his new phrase.

~Maeve was fully dressed and out of nowhere while I am nursing Nolan, I look up to find her butt naked playing with Rowan who was also butt naked. While I was starting a load of laundry, she was supposed to put a new pull up on him (he was out of clean undies), and turns out instead of doing that she decided to just get butt naked too. ðŸĪĶ‍♀️ðŸĪĶ‍♀️ I asked her to put her clothes back on and Rowan exclaimed, "No, because we're naked time now!!" and then they started chanting "naked time now!" while jumping from the coffee table to the couch on repeat. 🙈ðŸĪŠ

~Just as we were headed out the door to go grocery shopping, our new face masks from Old Navy showed up on the doorstep! The kids were so excited to see them and Rowan actually wanted to wear his!! 🙌 They work a lot better than their other masks I got them so it's a relief. We made it successfully through all our shopping with masks on all of our faces the entire time! 👊👏

~I made a new recipe for dinner tonight. It was a cheesy (vegan of course) Mexican tortilla bake and it was pretty good! We stopped at Sprouts to get the salsa for it, since the recipe recommended that salsa brand and I must say, it is pretty good for being store bought! I'm glad to have discovered it.

And now for a few random pictures:

I just can't with this Olaf costume!! It is too much. 😂 Definitely the best purchase I've ever made. 

😂😍

It was making me laugh that Zoey did not care to move even with the babe resting his legs on top of her while he was nursing. 😂 They're just that best of beds I guess! 

Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment