Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Monday, July 13, 2020

July 10th - July 13th, 2020: Weekend vibes

Alright, so maybe this is going to turn into an everyday posting minus the weekends. My routine gets a little thrown off on the weekend and I'm a little less goal oriented because I just want to have more fun. But that's as it should be, right? 🤗

I'm certainly not going to fill in every little detail here of the last few days, but here are some memorable things worth noting...

Friday:
Sometimes kids are so badly behaved you want to lose your mind and then sometimes they're so well behaved it almost doesn't even seem real. Maeve showed the latter on Friday morning, when it was lunch time and she asked Rowan if he wanted a silver fork like her. He said yes, and then she said "okay, just remember, you can't bang it on the table!" (I normally do not like when she tries to be the mom figure, but I felt like it was tastefully said so I appreciated it.) He responded "I'll bang it just a little bit" 😂 to which I said "No bud, you can't bang it at all" and then he sat down and sulked quite dramatically for a moment, as he often does when he's sad about an outcome. But then (and here's the golden part of the story), Maeve took it upon herself to walk over to him, crouch down next to him, put her arm around him and say "It's okay Rowan, Mommy will let you have the fork, she just doesn't want you to bang the table at all. If you promise not to do that, she will give it to you!" and he pulled himself out of his sulking and said "okay" and then Maeve asked if she could get the fork for him, to which I of course obliged. It was so sweet to see that she could tell he needed comfort and was ready to comfort him and fix the situation. 🥰🥰 Normally I have to do that! Such a great moment that needed to go in the books.

The only other thing I'll mention about Friday is that I took Rowan out to Walmart with me and then to the dollar store to pick out a bunch of items I can give him as rewards over the coming days if he will keep his undies dry. We made a treasure chest and he was so excited about it, but to be honest I think Maeve was even more excited about it, even though it isn't for her. 😂 She was actually really bummed she couldn't come with us to help Rowan pick stuff out, but I wanted to take just him since I've actually never gone out with him one on one before. I felt like he needed some solid time with just me, and Adam got off work early so it was perfect. It was actually really fun to be focused on just him. He carried his purse with him, so there's that. 😂 Life with an older sis! 🤦 He was so chatty in Walmart and I just love him.


Other pics from the day:

I always find him sitting like this now, all day long. I call it the lazy man sit. Always propping himself up with the one hand. 😂

I found Maeve playing with him and him on his knees like this. I about died from the cuteness! 😍




Saturday:
In the morning, the kids enjoyed playing in Luna and Bear's crate. 😂 Just putting it to extra good use!


We then had the perfect day spending a couple hours at the pool and taking an evening bike ride. These 3 boys were at the pool and they were NOT shy and Adam was the cutest letting them climb all over him. He had all 5 kids piled on him, giving them a ride around the pool over and over. He's a champ and definitely the fun one. 😍


I also tried this new sandwich recipe for dinner and it was 👌👌 - it was basically like eating a garden on bread and the homemade dressing that went on it was so fresh and tasty. I'm kind of obsessed and it will probably become my lunch on the daily. My kind of healthy! Our bike ride afterwards was so nice. We are definitely a bike riding family and we've been doing it most weekends lately. I just listened to a podcast about the importance of being present and his good it is for us, and I realize now that's probably why I really love bike rides. It gives me an opportunity to be very much present, feel the air on my skin, notice everything around me and really take it all in. It's harder to do that when you drive, but you're very much immersed in it on a bike. It's definitely my jam and my happy place. We rode over to the snow cone shack only to find out it wasn't there! It was kind of a bummer, but luckily it is right by Chick fil A so we ended up getting a frosted lemonade instead and ice cream for the kids. It was still just as refreshing! 🙌

Sunday:
Another successful day of home church, and I have to say that nothing gets Rowan as fired up as singing and acting out the primary song Do as I'm Doing. It's so dang cute to watch and see him in his total happy place following Maeve around. We're officially talking about God enough around here, considering during preschool today when I pulled out some colored ice cubes and asked where the ice came from (looking for water in frozen form as the answer) and Maeve said "from God" 😂😂🙌. I can't blame her too much cause the lesson was about how everything we have comes from God - the earth and everything on it, our possessions, and our bodies. She apparently listened! The rest of the day was just what I needed as I got to make some homemade Hawaiian bread, took Nolan's 7 month pictures (10 days late - I might be crushing it in some areas of my life right now, but most definitely not in this area. I missed 5 and 6 months so I'm actually proud of myself that I finally made it happen. It didn't take long to get some good pictures because he is one smiley little boy! There has never been a better baby and he is just a bundle of joy. He's starting to crawl so that is certainly going to shake things up here in a bit when he gets really good!), and then went over to the Pylant's house for a bonfire and games. We made hot dogs and smores and played Code Names and Cover Your Assets. It was a fun time for sure!!






☝️☝️He is sooo dreamy! 😍😍😍

For a fun pic comparison, here's Maeve and Rowan at 7 months. They all look pretty different to me!




Monday:
Today was one of those days where I was on my A game and we could have gotten preschool done before lunch time, but Maeve lost focus and said "hold on, Rowan and I just need to dance for a minute".... 5 hours later.... Seriously, with the exception of stopping for lunch, after dancing for a little while, they played pretend for THAT long. I was not about to interrupt their fun since they were just happy without me and playing so well. It gave me a chance to do more cleaning and shower without being bothered at all and it was quite nice and amazing that it lasted for as long as it did. So not that exciting of a day, but so great at the same time. Except for the fact that the price I paid for hours of uninterrupted time to myself to get things done was later cleaning up an accident after Rowan peed his pants. Ironically I knew he probably needed to go potty and was so torn about asking him if he wanted to go before I took a shower, but I was worried I would disturb the peace. Ultimately, I decided to let it slide and then paid for it like I thought I might. Ya win some ya lose some. He did earn a new monster truck though on Saturday for staying dry all day! 👏 Anwyay, I just have to share that I overheard them at one point during their playing and Maeve said to Rowan "We have no more customers. Do you want to give me a massage Rowan?" 😂😂 - gotta love the things they pretend to do. Adam actually just told me he overheard Rowan the other day playing with his monster trucks, pretending the trucks were talking and crashing into each other exclaiming,"I'm gonna punch you in the face! I'm gonna beat you down!" 🙈😂 Boys are so crazy! The only other thing I have to say about today is that I am so over 5 year old sass and crankiness/rudeness. I feel like Maeve was so impatient/rude/demanding at times today and her tone of voice was just NOT okay. I gave her a little bit of a talking to and reminded her again at bed time that she needs to stop acting like if things aren't immediately perfect she's gonna die. Here's to hoping tomorrow is better!

Pics from today. Maeve wanted to take some selfies with me. Looking at these pics you'd think she only has the ability to be sweet! 😂😍😍




Not sure what is going on here, other than the fact that Rowan is behind that curtain. 😂🤷‍♀️

No comments:

Post a Comment