Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

July 14th, 2020: School's out, scream and shout!

Today was a mixture of some great moments and some moments that made me want to escape and not deal with what was before me. Which really means, it was a typical day. #momlife 😂😂 Since yesterday we did not get as much preschool in as hoped, we had more to cover today in order to finish Maeve's whole program, which she was so dead set on doing. I knew we could if we just focused, but heaven forbid everything work in my favor so that we could just focus. 😒 We got through some of it and before long I was dealing with Rowan peeing his pants, the dog escaping upstairs for the 5th time (she figured out how to squeeze through our gate.... 🙄), Nolan refusing to just go to sleep for one of his naps, and then coming to the realization that Rowan had no more clean shorts so I needed to start a load of laundry. So much for staying on task with preschool. 😫🤦 Somehow after feeding the kids (side note on that: every time Rowan tells me what he wants for lunch latelt, after listing off what he wants he says "and that's enough" 😂), we powered through and finished it all at a decent enough time to stop at Kroger to buy candy and soda so we could celebrate. I told Maeve we'd watch a movie and tbeh could have candy and soda to celebrate being all done! What a year of preschool! She loved it and was for the most part a happy, engaged learner which I really did appreciate. It made my job a lot more fun! We got our candy and soda and Adam ended up picking up some Blaze pizza on his way home for dinner. The timing worked out great and we were able to eat the pizza and then start Zombies (of course Maeve would pick that one) and finish it in time for Rowan to get ready for bed. It was nice to be able to relax during that final stretch before bed time and honestly... I kinda like Zombies too, so it was a win for me as well. 😂 The kids were so snuggly with me during the movie, which was also sweet. So it was a fun ending to a somewhat chaotic day! I got some cute pictures from our final preschool activities and our celebration:

One of the activities was smashing ice - it was a hit and they asked for a few batches of ice 


I told Maeve to flex 😂

This one was the final activity - trying to hit a homemade bullseye target with sponges. Action shot of Rowan's. He's got a good arm so he actually did just as well as Maeve on this one and they both hit the bullseye a few times!

Maeve hitting bullseye! 

Action shot for both of them

After we finished, I had Maeve pose excitedly to show that she was ALL done with preschool and feeling great about it!! 

Of course Rowan had to join in on the excitement and copy Maeve 😂😍

With their candy all ready for the movie!! I love that it's becoming less impossible to get a good smiling picture of them together! 

Also, I forgot to mention yesterday that Rowan came up to me randomly and gave me a kiss on the cheek. It was so cute, I just wanted to remember it.

And just like that, a big chapter in our book is finished! And that's a wrap.

Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment