Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Thursday, July 9, 2020

July 9th, 2020: Frazzled and checked out in more ways than one

I slept in this morning for no good reason. I'm trying to give myself the benefit of the doubt though when I don't perfectly accomplish all my goals. It's not realistic to do it all perfectly every single time, so it's okay, no one's dying over here. Really all it ended up translating to was a little less time to clean the house and I didn't shower, but we went to the pool so does that really even matter? 😂🤷‍♀️

We're on our LAST preschool unit 👏👏 and the kids are learning about water right now. It's been a fun one - they did some fun activities with water today including making different colored water, playing at a water pouring station, painting ice cubes and seeing how many water drops could fit on a penny. The answer is 15! Who knew?? I honestly expected less to fit. It was kind of a fun experiment for me too. The water really bulges quite a bit before it finally falls off and it looks pretty cool. I'm a nerd! 🙋



At the pool today, Maeve tooted in the water and she laughed and said "why did it just do that when I tooted!? It's so weird, it came up behind me like a bubble!" 😂 - she just thought it was so funny and it made me laugh. There were some teenage boys playing a game with a ball in the pool, throwing it back and forth and I watched Rowan as he stared at them for quite some time, his eyes following the ball the whole time with a big smile on his face. I know in his little head he was wishing so badly he was involved in the game. 😂 The boy loves throwing balls!




I also should mention the last few days Maeve has been obsessing over her leapfrog laptop - - that she's had forever, mind you - - and taking it with her everywhere she goes. So of course she had it with her in the car today and when she sat down, she opened it up and said "what do you want me to do on it Rowan?" and he said "Email" 😂 - - meanwhile, I'm in the front seat wondering how/why he even knows what an email is?! These kids sure surprise me with the things they say sometimes! The other day Maeve was playing on said laptop up in her room and came downstairs to eat lunch I think, and then ran back upstairs saying "I have more work to do" 😂 - her and Rowan are super into imaginative play right now and it is pretty cute and funny. Adam actually just told me that she was in her play kitchen recently running a little restaurant and then said "Oh sorry, the restaurant is closing early because of coronavirus and you all need to leave!" 😂😂 Gotta love her.

ANYWAY, after the pool is when things got a little crazy. We needed to stop at the store for 3 things for dinner. I thought we could be in and out in 10 minutes, no problem. Well, it took a minute to get the kids' face masks on and when all was said and done, Rowan just would not agree to wear his. Even with the new cord blocks I put on them so it'd be easier to tighten and wear, he was not having it. 🙄 I gave up and we went in, they didn't have exactly what I wanted for 1 of the items so it took a hot minute to decide what I was gonna get instead and as I'm going to get the last item, Nolan starts losing it. I already took away his binky so there wasn't much I could do short of holding him and I didn't want to deal with that when we were so close to being done. I go to check out and ring everything up and Rowan gets mad that he didn't get to scan anything and keeps trying to rescan items. I keep shielding him and then dig through my bag to find my wallet and just can't find it. I realize I left both it and my phone in the car so I have to drag everyone out and back in, and meanwhile the baby is still screaming. 😅😅 I start feeling pretty frazzled, waiting to tell the lady working in the store that I have to run out to my car. Why does everything always have to fall apart at once?? Why couldn't the baby have been happy when I realized I didn't have my wallet? I feel like it always happens this way. 🤦 Anyway, 30 minutes later we left Kroger and then as the icing on the cake when we got home and I went to take off Rowan's bathing suit, I asked him if he needed to go potty. He said no, got up on the rocking chair, sat there for a few seconds staring at his penis sticking straight up and then starts shooting pee out like a rocket! His stream looked like the perfect rainbow, shooting onto the wood floor (at least it landed there and not on the rug) and I almost wanted to laugh, but didn't considering the fact he is KILLING me in the potty training department. Like, are you potty trained or not dude?? We will have weeks of him doing completely great, and then out of the blue he decides to just have accidents left and right, and they usually seem pretty intentional. Like in this moment, when I had JUST ASKED HIM if he needed to go. He obviously wanted to be naughty in that moment. I just don't get it. He is certainly smart enough to tell me and why he still doesn't want to some of the time is beyond me. If I'm being honest, I started crying when I was cleaning his pee up because I'm so mentally done with cleaning up his pee month after month. When will it ever just completely click??? Sweet Maeve came and gave me a hug when she noticed I was crying and then eventually so did Rowan. Hopefully, that means he actually realized how upset I was and that it will make him want to change his behavior moving forward. I can dream, right? 😫 Things are about to get REAL around here with positive reinforcement to try and fix this. I am soooo over it. He needs more motivation to really nail this perfectly and I'm hoping we have what it takes to give him the motivation. Only time will tell but I'll be doing lots of this!! 🤞🙏🤞🙏

My final note is that Maeve said to me, "you are the cutest!!" twice today 😂🥰 - not sure what led her to say it, but heartwarming nonetheless.

Oh and the kids also climbed into the crib this morning to be with the babe. Rowan was not feeling the picture taking. 😂😍



What a day!

Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment