Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

July 6th & 7th: Undedicated poolgoers

Monday morning the kids slept in and I was up for a solid 2 and half, maybe almost 3 hours before they were awake. 😱 It was nuts. Nolan kept me company though for most of that time, and unfortunately decided to be a little crankier than normal so I figured it was time to start feeding him some solids for breakfast. He got his first oatmeal and did great and it did seem to fix his crankiness. I also got my workout in, cleaned the house some, Luna and Bear got picked up, and I showered. When I went to shower, I found the kids sleeping so cutely in my bed, I had to take a picture (they weren't both in our bed all night, Maeve joined in the morning once I woke up). 


The kids woke up while I was getting ready and were being so funny - they love to play with my make up and ask for cologne and perfume, so of course they did that, but they also made up this game where they took turns squeezing my blush brush as hard as they could. Rowan was coaching Maeve on the proper sound effects that should be made while doing it, as if to show they were really putting every last ounce of strength into it. 😂 Silly kids! 

We went downstairs and I got a nice full uninterrupted hour of scripture study in while they had their screen time and then even though they had just had breakfast, after their hour was up they wanted lunch. 😆 Truth be told, since they woke up so late it was already 11 by then, so technically not too early for lunch, but sometimes I worry the only thing Maeve thinks about is food... And if that's true, she gets it from her Dad. That man is certainly in love with food. I am too, don't get me wrong, but he reeeeally knows how to eat. Hopefully I never struggle with her wanting to majorly overeat cause Adam certainly can. Anyway, I fed them lunch so we could get ready and go to the pool. I'm feeling super blessed because last summer we got a membership to the Smyrna Outdoor Adventure Center pool, but with Corona it's not open this year. We were there every single day almost, so the thought of having no pool to go to was pretty depressing for me - but then my friend saved the day. Her and her family will be in Florida for the month of July and she graciously decided to give me her complex pool pass so we could pretend to be them for the month and use her pool. 🙌🙌🙏 It's a pretty nice little pool area too!

Off we went to the pool and enjoyed ourselves. I managed to relax on the sidelines for some of the time and even got Nolan to sleep on me, so that was sweet cuddle time. After he woke up, I got him happy in the stroller so I could fully submerge myself in the water. As a member of the female population, I don't do this very often 😂😂, but there is nothing as refreshing as going fully under the water when you're super hot. It was great. The kids had a ball and I had to pull the plug on our fun so we could get home in time for me to make dinner.


We had the pool completely to ourselves for a while! 


All said and done, we had ourselves a nice little Monday. So it surprised me when the kids were asking me their traditional bedtime question (asked every single night and always the same question, yet Rowan still says it this way everytime: "my question is... hmmm... What are we gonna do tomorrow?" - not sure why he even has to think about it... 😂) and my answer was "go to the pool again!" and Maeve said she didn't want to. I'm sorry, what?! You'd rather be bored at home child?! I guess she wishes we could go with friends, but unfortunately I can't invite anyone else. I really hope I can convince her it's still the best option, because hanging at the pool is certainly my favorite way to spend the summer cause it usually keeps the kids happy and entertained and we all get some good summer tans. 

And yet, that brings us to Tuesday and we did not in fact go to the pool today. We just had a low key day at home doing preschool, some puzzles, playing Just Dance, and discovering that Alexa can make a lot of different farting noises. Yep. We're that cool. The things you never think you'll say to your kids... You can add "okay this is the last time we're going to do the farting noises..." to that list. 😂🤦

Two bummers of the day:

~Realizing I somehow made a goof and thought Rowan's next hematology appt was July 11th. When I looked on the calendar and saw that date was a Saturday I knew something was up and turns out his appt was for June 11th and we missed it. 🙄🙄 Maybe it's a blessing though because with our current insurance plan, the visit would cost around a few hundred bucks and I'm 95% positive his platelet count is completely back to normal now and he's totally fine. We're thinking we will see if the pediatrician will run some labs just to be safe so we can avoid such an expensive visit. Not sure if that will fly, but even if it doesn't, I'm not too worried about rescheduling it.

~My Google search telling me that Target had disinfectant wipes in stock, when they in fact did not. So I drove all the way over there for nothing tonight. 🙄

Oooooh well. Life is still great as long as my 5 year old's not giving me attitude. She's really good at that these days... Send help.

Is it funny to anyone else that Nolan basically learned how to finally sit up on his own when he himself got himself into sitting position from laying down?! My other kids were sitting up by 5-6 months and learned that separate skill much later, but he has been so lazy about sitting up on his own and now he's finally doing it because he's getting himself into that position on his own. 😂🤷‍♀️ Also, all he needs is a package of wipes. Give him that to play with and he'll be happy for hours. I might as well go throw away all my baby toys! 😂😂


Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment