Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Thursday, July 2, 2020

July 2nd, 2020: When the day takes a turn...

This morning I overslept. It's happened a few times since I made my commitment to wake up at 5:30 every morning that my baby will wake up to eat at 5am. It's kinda the worst cause I feed him and get him back settled in bed by 5:20am and who wants to wake up 10 minutes earlier than they have to at that early hour?! But tasting 10 more minutes of sleep is never a good idea for me or realistic. I should have known to not let myself shut my eyes again cause before I knew it it was 6:45 and Adam was getting ready for work. Too often I'm all or nothing, so even though I was mad at myself and should have just gotten out of bed then, I decided to go back to sleep again and just enjoy sleep. 😂 The kids woke up at 7:45am and I still managed to do a shorter, yet effective workout and get scripture study in by the time their screen time finished so that made me feel better! Not all was lost.

My plan for the rest of the day was to eat breakfast, do a little bit of cleaning, get preschool done, and then hit up the splashpad, but then out of nowhere Adam showed up home from work at 11:45am while I was cleaning out our guest bathroom trash can. The plot thickens! His boss let him off early since no companies were really answering their phones and it seemed pointless to continue. Bring on the long weekend hours earlier than expected! He wanted to make a rolling shelf for his weights to sit on so they could easily be pulled in and out of our downstairs closet, so I changed gears and we went to Home Depot. We also stopped at Old Navy and I finally scored some new flip flops for Rowan who desperately needed new summer sandals to replace the ones from last summer that were not quite cutting it anymore. AND we decided to eat lunch at Culver's which the kids were thrilled about and so was I because I took my chances and indulged in the custard to see if Nolan might be okay with dairy again in my diet at this point. We had gotten crumbl cookies and donuts on different occasions over the last few weeks and neither messed with him at all, so I thought what the heck! Might as well really get a lot of dairy in me and really know what my limits should be. Their custard is just the best and so far he has not ended up a cranky mess so 🤞🤞.

So we had a fun little afternoon that I had no idea was in store when I woke up this morning - always a win! We managed to get preschool done before the kids needed to get ready for bed and Rowan turned into a wild animal and basically had a food fight with himself with spaghetti noodles. They were even all over his head at one point! 🤦🤣 The noodles were used for an activity where they had to dig through them to find hidden shapes - we had read the fairy tale Strega Nona where there's a mishap with a bunch of pasta so it fit the theme. Never a dull moment!


Maeve cracked me up because as things were getting a little out of hand with the pasta, she was getting sticky and said "ugh, I'm exhausting!" but clearly meant to use the word disgusting and just got her words mixed up. 😂😂

Three final notes:

1. I just love that so often I find Zoey near the baby. She was always so glued to him as a tiny baby and now that he's more mobile, I still find her kinda following him around on the floor. 😂😍 The tiniest ones of the house gotta stick together.



2. Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist is getting pretty juicy in the love department! Glad I decided to watch it. I'd for sure recommend it. It's cute - those musical shows always rope me in.

3. Rowan's new thing is to say "I guess" very begrudgingly when he decides to give in and follow directions from me or listen to me about anything really. 🤣 It's kinda hard not to laugh under my breath. It's a tough life when you're 3 boyfriend, I know.

Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment