Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

June 30th, 2020: I owe you what?

Today I went to the dentist to get a permanent crown put on. The dentist is my home away from home and before I die I suspect they'll have most of my husband's hard earned money in their pockets. Within the last couple of months I have taken care of a root canal plus crown in addition to replacing another crown - and today, at the end of my visit they laid it on me that they mistakenly overlooked that I had maxed out on benefits before doing that second crown. So in addition to the near $600 I had already paid them for that, they said "whoops, now you also owe us $1100 because insurance couldn't actually cover any of that at all..." - not the best news to hear at 10am to put you in a happy mood on your way home. They gave me a fancy tooth brush to say sorry, but really I just want to keep my money. I ended up paying half of it and Adam will try and fight paying the rest since it was their mistake. Hopefully they will see that they should have to eat it. As my dad put it, I was nice to pay half of it. 😂

That was a major low point of the day, but luckily there were other highlights, such as:

➡️ Rowan reminding me that the baby drinks milk from my "boobies" but also eats baby food 😂

➡️ Maeve telling Rowan she needed to stop playing with him so she could "take care of some birthday stuff" to which he responded "Okay. Is it my birthday?" - mind you, his birthday was 2 weeks ago but that has already left him apparently 🤣

➡️ Rowan eating pretzels off the floor of the van that he had previously crushed up by spilling them and then walking on them. I told him not to do it and that that's gross and he said "I'm just eating them because it's messy Mommy" 🙈 - note taken dude, I need to vacuum it up. Probably a better approach than to just eat them to make them go away, haha.

➡️ Stopping by a friend's house to deliver a birthday gift and homemade card by Maeve for her son John who turned 4 today. On the way there, Maeve said "Mom, I don't LOOOVE John, I just love him a little bit" 😂🤦

➡️ As we passed another friend's complex, Maeve said "hey that's where we would go if we were going to Addie's house!" - we've only been over there a handful of times and it always surprises me that she pays attention so well while in the car and remembers stuff like that after only going a few times. I must say, I pay zero attention in the car when I am not the driver so she has certainly one-upped me!

➡️ My friend putting some feathers in my hair while I was at her house. A new subtle and fun look for the summer! And not to mention it's always fun to chat with another mom. 🤗

➡️ I ordered the pony-o and it came in the mail today. I do think it makes for a fuller pony tail and leaves no dents, so I'm excited about it!




I think that's all she wrote for today. BUT even though I wrote yesterday, I didn't really talk about the day specifically and I just have one thing that needs to go in the books cause it's so dang cute. Rowan and Maeve were playing doctor on each other for a while being all cute and happy together while I was treating some stained clothes on the stove (cooking the clothes as Adam calls it 😂), but eventually they wanted me as a patient. Rowan went to take my temperature with a thermometer made out of felt and said "Open up Mommy, but don't actually close because it's grossie!" 😂😂 - I just love that boy and that that's how he chooses to say gross. Thanks for the recommendation bud, cause feeling felt on my tongue would in fact be pretty grossie.

Peace and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment