Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

September 19th - 22nd, 2020: Just... life

I realized I forgot to mention in my last post when talking about Friday the 18th that we went on an evening walk and the kids rode scooters/bikes. Friday is the first day it started to cool down here and it was SUCH a nice walk. The crisp air felt amazing and it made me excited for the Fall!! Just in time considering today as I write this is the first official day of Fall. 🙌

Anyway, as for the rest of the weekend...

Saturday:

Adam went roofing so the morning was low key and after he got back I was able to get out and go to Once Upon a Child/Kid to Kid. These kids are growing like weeds and we're approaching cooler weather again. Time to get a bunch of new clothes! Unfortunately I didn't have the greatest luck - Maeve and Nolan got a handful of things, but I only managed to get one pair of pants for Rowan. 🙄 I'll have to hit up Walmart clearance and go back to Once Upon a Child again. I spent most of my time at Kid to Kid because a few minutes after I got to Once Upon a Child before I found anything I wanted, a kid in the next aisle over threw up and it pretty much grossed me out so I left. 🤢 Who knows what kinda germs were brewing in there, but I didn't want to be around them. A little bit of a bummer, but what can you do. The rest of the day was just typical stuff. I did end up finishing The Fault in our Stars on that night so that was fun. Such a great movie! 

Sunday: 

Honestly I don't remember hardly anything about Sunday at this point and it was only 2 days ago... 🤦 It must not have been that exciting of a day! Of course we had our own little church and I do remember I got the chance to read for pleasure for a bit. I'm currently reading Dear Edward, but I'm not too far in yet. Other than that, after dinner for the last chunk of the evening before the kids needed to go to bed, we went to the park and Maeve and Rowan had the time of their lives running around the playground together getting some energy out. I could watch Rowan run around a playground all day long -- when he gets excited, it's not a typical run, it's like running with galloping mixed in. 😂 He just can't help himself but bounce around. It is too cute! 

Yesterday and today have been pretty low key. Maeve's new thing to complain about every morning is having to wear her mask all day at school. I realize now that's especially hates ever having to stop at the store after school because she is SO ready to be done with her mask and can't stomach putting it right back on. To be honest, I don't blame her for hating it - 7 hours is a long time to be in a mask! I myself don't even know what that's life, but I'd probably hate it too. Poor girl. She keeps asking when she won't have to wear one anymore... I so wish I could just make this all go away and make her little life more normal again! I do think it helps that she entered the school world with everything being different, so that she has nothing to compare it to, but I do know she will love it SO much more when all these extra regulations can go away. Poor girl doesn't even know what her teacher's/friends' faces even really look like. It's kind of depressing when you really think about it! 😥

Anyway, the only noteworthy thing I was going to mention from yesterday is that poor Nolan got stuck underneath our play high chair in the playroom while I was getting ready in my bathroom. I heard him crying, but it didn't sound like life or death so I hurried to finish before going to get him, but then I felt bad when I found him like that. I don't even know how long he was stuck... 😳🥺 Now I feel like I need to always check anytime I hear him crying cause it might not just be that those cranky-get-me-out-of-the locked-in-playroom tears.  

We were all pretty excited today knowing it was the first day of Fall. Maeve even said as she was getting out of the car this morning, "Have a great first day of Fall!" 🥰 That girl is too cute for her own good! Rowan has been especially into reading books lately and it's been cute that he will specifically ask me to read him books throughout the day. It might have something to do with the fact that I went out of my way to pick out books about monster trucks and trains from the library last week. That boy sure is obsessed with monster trucks and excavators right now! It cracks me up that he even uses the term excavator. I don't even use it, but then he will correct me when I don't. 😂😂

After school, Maeve randomly wrote me a little note and for the words she doesn't know how to write she just draws squiggles, but then tells me what they "say" 😂 - today it was all about me being the best mommy and a sweet mommy that she loves and she thanked me for bringing her to school every morning. Leave it Maeve to make you feel good about yourself! She has her moments and certainly knows how to get snippy, but she's really got so much love in her little heart and I just love that about her. 🥰

Adam went roofing tonight and I realized tonight that having 3 little kids is no joke! The 2 hours before bedtime are just sooo busy. Especially when one kid is in school and there's some school work to do each night and a lunch to be made, all while cleaning up from dinner, helping them get their nightly treat, nursing the babe, getting Maeve in the shower, Rowan ready for bed too etc. etc. - it is just impossible for me to do it all on my own and not fall behind on time. It makes me so much more thankful for the times that I have Adam's help!! It is no easy task reining in these hooligans in a timely manner. So needless to say, the evening tonight was a bit chaotic - it certainly didn't help that Rowan was throwing books at my head while I was trying to change the diaper of a baby desperately trying to get away from me... 🤯🤯 Rowan has made leaps and bounds on the throwing/hitting front, but for some reason today he was in a throwing mood and I about lost it by the end of the day! I think he really just thinks it's fun to throw stuff. Blah! 

Aaaaanyway, that's all I got and now I'm officially caught up. Hollaaaa! Here's some pics and videos from the last few days: 

Can you tell that her hands are black as after creating a masterpiece with chalk? 😂 She also had some on her face and it was cracking me up. And of course she chose to make crazy faces while I took a pic. She's not boring at all! 

Maeve's masterpiece that Rowan's pee trickled onto. 😂😭🙄 You can't make this stuff up! 

Color mixing for preschool yesterday! 


For some reason, Rowan was changing in total gibberish and it was cracking me up so I recorded it... I have no idea what was going on inside his head! 👇


These three videos 👇👇👇 are Maeve saying the Pledge of Allegiance and then her and Rowan singing the Months of the Year and Days of the week songs. She is so animated it kills me! The ending of each video is just too good. Like I said above, she's certainly not boring! 



Peace and blessings. ✌️


No comments:

Post a Comment