Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Thursday, September 10, 2020

September 10th, 2020: A total joke

In some ways, today was a total joke. Rowan peed his pants three freakin times. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw accident #2. Here's the breakdown:

Accident #1: Before I realize he's peed his pants, he says "Don't look Mommy! Don't look! Doooon't look! .... Okay, look!" He was smiling and after I made eye contact with him he said "Maybe I'm wet because I spilled water orrrr maybe I peed..." Most definitely the latter of the two. 🤦

Accident #2: I was upstairs finishing something with Maeve and Rowan yells from downstairs that he needs help getting down. When I went downstairs I found him standing on top of our kitchen trashcan. 😳 I honestly am impressed he could get up there. I went to take a picture simply because it was a funny sight and then I noticed his shorts were wet. Sure enough, he was standing in a puddle of pee. On top of the trashcan. He may or may not be the first kid in the history of the world to have an accident on top of a trashcan... 🤯 What a total joke! Maybe it could at least be his claim to fame...? He's truly a wild animal. 

Accident #3: Maeve had started an applesauce pouch that she hadn't finished so I asked her if she was going to eat the rest. She said no, so I offered it to Rowan and he started gulping down some and out of nowhere Maeve says "No! I did want it!" and starts running toward him. I'm not sure if it's because it sent him into panic mode or what, but all the sudden he spit out all the applesauce in his mouth and dropped the pouch on the ground. Applesauce was splattered all over the floor and all down his shirt. AAAND then he peed his pants. I was just hoping when I woke up this morning that I'd have the opportunity to clean up food and pee in the same vicinity. 🤗 His timing is clearly remarkable! 

I really wanted to throw in the towel at that point and bury him in it. Instead, I decided to be a little bit more responsible than that (cause ya know... CPS 😅) and google how to handle kids who have accidents on purpose. He certainly KNOWS the cues and can tell me he has to go potty when he wants to, and for some reason, sometimes he just doesn't want to. I don't know if it's all for attention or just to get a rise out of me or what, but the biggest takeaway from my reading is that I have to work hard to stay neutral when he has accidents and just give him lots of praise when he does go in the potty. Heaven help me in that regard! I will be saying lots of prayers that I can do this, because even if I can hold my tongue, it will be VERY hard to keep my facial expression neutral. Usually I make a very defeated face and roll my eyes. Considering I've been dealing with this for a long time now, that will be a hard habit to break. SEND HELP AND COOKIES. LOTS OF COOKIES. 😂😭🙏

On a happier note, there were some funny moments mixed into the day, probably to save my soul from utter destruction. 😅 Such as: 

1. While I was feeding Nolan solids this morning, Rowan was "working" on our mini little laptop. After a little while messing around on it, he said "I'm done working and this is the road (pointing to the kitchen floor) and I'm gonna run home and cars are going to crush me." 😂🤔 Yikes, doesn't sound too good buddy.

2. During preschool, Rowan was sorting some toys according to color and there was a dead fly in the way where he was sorting. He saw it and said with a voice of disgust, "Look at that stinking fly!" 😂 As a sidenote, we've had SO many stinking flies in our house lately. Sometimes they just will NOT leave me alone and I want to murder someone, so I just got some fly tape traps and hopefully we can knock a bunch of them out. Flies are the bane of my existence!! 😠

3. This afternoon I asked Maeve if she wanted to do her school work now or later and using different poses, she said "When I do this, it means now and when I do this, it means later." Then she struck the pose that that meant later. 😂 She kills me! Leave it to her to make it into a game instead of just saying yes or no to spice things up a bit.

4. Before bed when Maeve was in the middle of said school work, the mini laptop we have that she was on started going nuts. It was spazzing out as if we were clicking tons of buttons like crazy, but our hands were not even near it. We had this conversation: 

Me: Oh my gosh, it's possessed!! 

M: Possessed!? What does that mean?? 

Me: Like a spirit is taking over...!

M: *In the most bewildered, concerned, fearful tone of voice* A spirit!?!?! 

😂😂😂 I seriously could not stop laughing! The way she said it was just tooooo much!! I could not even help myself. My goodness, it was so funny! 

Well, that's all she wrote for today. Until next time, enjoy these pictures and videos... 

Working hard at the office 😂

Proof of the wild animal standing in his pee

We made a freight train together for preschool

Rowan was making me laugh humming this tune on repeat while he was sorting 😂



Nolan was literally doing this for 5 minutes before Adam finally gave up and stopped feeding him food... 😂🤦 Aaaand then Rowan almost snapped his arm off. He's a dangerous one. 🙈

Peace and blessings. ✌️


No comments:

Post a Comment