Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

September 28th - 29th, 2020: 7 o'clock Pamcakes

Oh my goodness, I have an ulcer on my gums right now and it hurts SO bad. I've gotten them a number of times but actually didn't know what they were called until I had one that was bugging me and it would KILL when I put my tight retainers over it, so I mentioned it to my orthodontist and that's what he called it. Basically, it's just really tender and if anything rubs against it like food or my toothbrush it really hurts. I'm not sure what even causes them, but I wish I knew in case there was something I could do to avoid getting them. I also have lots of splits on my fingers right now that are quite painful and are now covered in bandaids and it's making it harder to type. Yet here I am. DEDICATION is what that is. I'm falling apart, but I'm still here ready to be dramatic. 😜😂

We're into another week and so I don't have as much to say about yesterday and today, but there are a few highlights. Yesterday I forgot that it was the first day of school for 3rd-6th grade, which meant MORE cars in the carpool lane. Had I remembered, I would have left earlier, but I didn't and unfortunately Maeve was dragging because she was "sooooo tired" (which I had to hear her say all morning and that was even more annoying considering she was up until 9:40pm the night before because she just couldn't fall asleep!) so we left late as it was. SO, she was tardy, but normally she's not so I'm not sweating it. We were back on track today. 🙏

Which brings me to the reason that she just couldn't fall asleep on Sunday night. I was texting with my sister that day and we decided that we're going to her house this weekend for General Conference and to hang out. The kids certainly need their cousin time and as per usual, Maeve is beyond excited. She is obsessed with Rach's house and every last member of the Fiet family. Sooo, she was too excited to sleep on Sunday night just thinking about getting to go there again this weekend. She has been talking about it nonstop since. 😂🤦

Anywho, I pushed through a lot of tidying up and laundry yesterday until we picked up Maeve from school. Oh and my ministering sister also dropped by in the morning and brought me a big can of pumpkin puree, BLESS her heart! She reached out to me the day before and when she asked if I needed anything I joked with her about how I needed the grocery stores to restock their pumpkin. Well, apparently she had some to share, and brought it by along with a bag of M&Ms with a cute message about preparing for Conference. SO nice of her! It was fun to chat for a bit too. 🙌

The highlight of the day after Maeve got home was her and Rowan playing doctor together. They always take turns being the patient and when Rowan was working on Maeve, he put the thermometer up to her bare bum 🤦 and when he went to read it, after contemplating the results for a minute he said "7 o'clock! It's good!" 😂😂😂 He's obviously been practicing telling time a lot! The lowlight of the day was certainly during the boys' bath when Rowan flung a whole cup of water on me and SOAKED me and soon after Nolan toppled over backwards and nearly drowned. Yeah, that was fun. Never a dull moment over here, that's for dang sure. BUT, I did make homemade rolls and a new soup recipe for dinner all while flying solo with the kids while Adam went roofing, so he did call me Supermom when he got home and that was a nice pick me up! 💪

As I mentioned at the end of my last post, Nolan woke up last night around 10:30pm, which is abnormal, but man he sure did put on a little show for us! I got this video 👇 and it is hysterical. We were laughing so hard!! That facial expression could not be CUTER and his little voice too. I could just eat him! 


Oh oh and we also got a new bench for our front porch and it arrived yesterday. Adam put it together and it looks so cute out there!! It will be so nice to have permanent cute seating out there when the kids play out front. 🙌

Today was pretty low key. During Rowan's preschool lesson today, we were talking about the color green and read Green Eggs and Ham. He loved the book, and I was SO hoping that since he is convinced in the end to try the green eggs and ham and actually liked them, that Rowan would be more on board to also try the green eggs that we made together for one of the activities. But nope, he remained stubborn and only ate the ham, the little stinker. He cracks me up during preschool because so often when I ask him questions, he loves to shout "Saturday!" as the answer and I'm pretty sure it's his go to answer when he doesn't know what the real answer is (e.g. "What month is it?" "Saturday!").😂 Silly boy. 

He also made me laugh today during lunch, when I looked over and saw that he had pulled his bagel off his plate and just had it on the table in front of his plate. I asked him why he wasn't using his plate and he said "Oh, I'm sorry - I forgot!" like he genuinely didn't even realize he had set it there instead of on the plate. 😂 It was so cute how he said it too. Love that little voice. 

Also, in other news, Maeve was excited to fill me in on every last detail about school today. I found out that when it's rainy and they can't have recess outside, they play with blocks and watch a show instead... and I'm not gonna lie, I think that's SUPER lame. 🙄😩 She also gets to watch a show while she eats lunch. Why the screen time!? I mean, I guess I remember watching The Magic School Bus in elementary school sometimes, but I don't think it was very often. She also educated me on what a rekenrek is and I swear I've never heard that term in my life. Leave it to my 5 year old to teach me something new. 😏 Also, out of nowhere she started referring to pancakes today as pamcakes. I literally have no idea why...??? She wouldn't tell me why she was pronouncing it wrong either, but my only guess is that she thinks it's funny. 🤷‍♀️ Last but not least, she gets to dress up as her favorite book character on October 30th and I asked her who her favorite character is. I was totally expecting her to say Fancy Nancy, but then she threw me way off guard when she said Dolly Parton from the Coat of Many Colors book. 😂🤔 She's definitely obsessed with the song, but we've only read the book a few times. I guess she used to read it to herself a lot, but that was a while ago! So random and out of nowhere. Gotta love kids when they totally surprise you with what they say! 

I think that's about all I got worth mentioning for today. So nice to be caught up again!! 🙌 I kinda can't believe I've stuck with this for over 3 months now. Look at me! 🤗

And now for pics from yesterday and today:

That face! I didn't tell her to make it. 😂 She's looking so much older these days to me! 

😂 Excited little cutie 

Found them like this and I had to laugh at the resourcefulness. 👌 This was holding out outdoor bench before we opened it up and got it assembled. 

Got a picture of this silly face too! Nailed it. Totally kills me! 😂😍

With his green eggs and ham, and don't worry I ate all those green eggs. 😏

She was tickling him and he was busting up! 😍😍

This picture is over the top cute. Love these cuties! 😍😍😍

Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment