Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

September 8th-9th, 2020: Homemade applesauce & the "drainer"

Truthfully, I don't have a whole lot to say about yesterday and today. Pretty low key, typical days. The most exciting part about yesterday was finishing up our apple unit for preschool with Rowan and making some homemade applesauce! He had a lot of fun helping me make it, but I could not convince him to try it no matter how hard I tried. Which is kinda funny to me because he likes store bought applesauce... 🤔. But that's okay, because more for me!! It was delightful - something about anything being homemade always makes it taste better! I kinda loved that it was still warm when I first tried it. It made it feel more like a dessert. 😋

Rowan also made me laugh in the morning when after finishing 2 bowls of cereal and half a bagel he said "I'm starving now!!".... Excuse me, what?! Somehow that doesn't compute, hate to break it to ya little boyfriend.

And in other thrilling news, I got more caught up with laundry. The gossip is hot over here! 💯🔥 

Today started off a little rocky because Maeve, once again, could not decide what she wanted to wear. If I had all the money in the world I would buy 10 more outfits with pockets for her that she actually loves to put an end to my misery. She just does not know how to pull the trigger and pick what she deems as less desirable, when there outfits without pockets that she loves more, but she must be able carry the picture of us together.... 🤦. The premise is sweet, but it sure is annoying when the clock is ticking first thing in the morning.

All that being said, in happier news, she has been less tearful in the mornings getting out of the car and it's more so just a little teary eyed now. Her teacher said she has been tear free in the classroom for over a week now! 🙌 

Here's a fun fact (myth?): Maeve told me one of her classmates has the last name Google. For some reason I don't really believe it, and think that it must just sound similar to it, but it would be pretty crazy if it was true. 🤔 Maybe eventually I'll be able to figure out if it's true. 

Rowan was helping me with some more laundry today, moving clothes from the washer to the dryer and then he said "I want to start the drainer" 😂 - I laughed and then corrected him. I guess you could call it a drainer on steroids since it gets rid of water altogether. 🤷‍♀️ 

He also came up to me with a watch band of Adam's and said, "look Mommy, it's the same!" and pointed to one of Adam's belts. He was pointing out that they both had buckles, one just way bigger than the other. Pretty smart observation! 👊 

As far as what we actually did today, the main event was a Walmart run with the boys to get some odds and ends. Again, very exciting! It was a pretty rushed trip because we were trying to finish in time to get Maeve from school and Rowan kept getting on and off the cart, over and over. Shopping with kids is such a treat. 😜

The kids just went to bed and I was just laughing because as per usual, Rowan made his way out into the hallway, simply to stall, but this happened:

R: "Daddy, I need a question for you" 
A: What's your question buddy?"
*Silence from R for 2 minutes*
A:..... Okay buddy, goodnight! 

Aaand we never heard from him again. Who knows! 😂 

That's about it. Here's a few pics and a video...

Passed out while nursing and I just had to capture that little hand resting on his face 😍😍

Mashing the apples to make applesauce! 

I think we need to work on that smile... 🤣

He fell asleep yesterday waiting in the car for Maeve and I was about to take a picture of him sleeping all sweetly and then while looking at my camera I noticed his wet pants. It stopped me in my tracks! 😭 I figured I'd still snap a pic and by then he'd changed positions and got wedged between the pillows 😂👌

Rowan just drags poor Nolan away if he's getting to things he doesn't want him to be near. Luckily Nolan doesn't care one bit and stays very chill! 😂

Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment