Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Monday, September 28, 2020

September 26th - 27th, 2020: Bonfires & Lazy Sundays

I realized after I finished writing the post from yesterday that I forgot to include that on Thursday of last week I went to the dentist and FINALLY got my permanent crown put on my front tooth. I will admit that I was hoping when I did this more cosmetic work that it would be a night and day transformation and I'd be so happy that my teeth finally looked perfect. But unfortunately because they were trying to match it to my other teeth, it kinda made me hyper aware that my other teeth have so much translucency and it was basically impossible for them to match it perfectly. It's good enough that from a distance no one will know anything is off, so I do think I'm in better shape than I was before, BUT I was able to see how great the permanent crown looked and kinda wished all my teeth looked that great. So now I see why the dentist had also recommended putting crowns on all 6 front teeth that are visible when I smile. Considering that option would have cost $5,000 though, it seemed excessive and definitely too much money to be throwing at my teeth at 31 years old. Maybe later on down the road! 🀷‍♀️ I wish I had taken a solid close up before picture of my teeth to be able to compare what that tooth used to look like to what it looks like now! Sometime when I do my hair and a full face of make up I will have to take a selfie - I actually played around with taking one some other days this week, but wasn't satisfied with the state of my hair and face... πŸ˜‚

I also just realized I forgot to write about this lovely story from Friday. We had gotten back from picking up Maeve and I went upstairs to put Nolan in bed. Little did I know, Zoey had pooped upstairs and I stepped in it with shoes on without realizing it, and trailed a bunch of it around the room. 😱😱 I was taking some pictures of Nolan and all the sudden it hit me that it smelled like poop and I thought it was Nolan. But then I walked away and happened to look down and see some poop next to my shoe and that's when my eyes moved around the room and saw the rest of it..... ugh. So Gross! 🀒 In my state of disbelief, I called for Adam and he came to clean it up while I cleaned my shoes up. So nasty. Stinking dog!!! She has figured out how to get through the gate when we don't latch it and I don't know how to drill into Rowan's head to latch the gate behind him, because he STILL never does. She gets upstairs constantly these days and just like any other dog, LOVES to poop and pee in areas that are normally off limits. It is driving me crazy!!!! This incident certainly put me over the edge, but I honestly don't know how to solve the problem with kids around that just don't think enough. 😫😫😫

Anywho, time to talk about the weekend! I actually originally had plans on Saturday after Adam got home from roofing to go look at home decor by myself at Target, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. since I hadn't hit up those places yet. It's a lot easier to do that kind of stuff without the kids. But then it hit me that so many Saturdays recently have been used for projects and errands and such that it had been a while since we'd just had some fun as a family together! I started to feel like we all just needed to do something fun, so I ended up shifting my mindset to think about what we could do that would be fun instead. I was having a hard time coming up with something that sounded super fun and that we could all agree on and it kinda started to put me in a bad mood. I was looking up Fall community events going on in Murfreesboro and the list was way shorter due to Covid19. That put a bad taste in my mouth cause the effects of this virus have been felt for so much longer than I think anyone ever anticipated! I just wish things could go completely back to normal, not just sorta back to normal. We ended up settling on going to the playground to let the kids get out some energy and we also threw around the idea of going camping that night. Unfortunately, we did our research and found out that there were no campsites close enough to us that could just be driven right up to, instead they required a mile walk to get there from where you'd park. Considering our children would have started complaining after a tenth of a mile, that was a no go. So instead we decided to buy a firepit since Adam found a decent one that would only cost $40. Then we'd be able to set ourselves up to have a bonfire at home on our back patio and make some s'mores! πŸ™Œ

Adam actually dropped us off at the playground so he could run to Comcast and deal with some internet junk. Usually, the kids are bummed when we say it's time to leave, but ironically this time around with no car at our disposal like 10 minutes in Rowan was over it. 🀦 So for a while, he insisted on just sitting on the bench with me. We brought Zoey with us and hooked her up and anytime we bring her anywhere the kids are always flocking to her asking to pet her and hold her. Two kids in particular that were siblings were pretty glued to her and the 5 year old boy just kept talking and talking to me. He was talking about his dog and what else he'd done that day among other stuff. It was so funny and kinda cute that he just really wanted to chat with me. Adam showed back up and soon after, an ice cream truck drove by. We'd never been in a good position to get ice cream from an ice cream truck any other time we'd been somewhere where one had come around, so we took the opportunity and the kids were excited. That is, until Maeve realized they didn't just have cups of soft serve ice cream (apparently she'd envisioned that in her head) so she wasn't as excited about the options. 🀦 She almost decided to get nothing, which was shocking, but last minute changed her mind and then really enjoyed her sour popsicle. So it all worked out! I got one of these πŸ‘‡, which I hadn't had in years, and it honestly wasn't as good as I remember. Apparently my tastes have evolved as an adult. πŸ˜‚

https://wellsmanagedcontent.blob.core.windows.net/content/foodservice/product/large/12d577d5-efbc-4960-954b-92db1407c2be/chocolate-eclair-bar.v1.jpg

We stopped at Taco Bell for dinner after leaving the park and then Adam took the kids into Walmart to grab the firepit and stuff for s'mores while I nursed Nolan in the car. We got home, put Nolan to bed, and got everything set up. The kids got to stay up an hour after their normal bed time, but it was worth it to have our own little fire together. It was a hit and eventually they started acting really silly, probably because it was past their bedtime and that's when all the crazy comes out. Before we knew it, they were doing these super crazy dance moves and Adam and I were laughing so hard we almost peed our pants. We took a video and I'm so glad I got it captured. It will be a good one to watch years down the road! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I'm proud to call them my children. 


Sunday (yesterday) was such a lazy day. I'm really starting to miss the structure of going to actual church. I don't have it in me to doll myself up as much for our home church and because we're at home and have the flexibility of doing it whenever, we've never been disciplined enough to set a strict time and sometimes we do it later in the day than we should. Yesterday was one of those days and it made me realize we need to just start knocking it out first thing in the morning from now on. I think it will set the day up better and help us not feel so lazy the rest of the day. Sooo yeah, all I really have to show for yesterday other than a quick sacrament meeting is making pancakes, sanding and painting one of the mason jars for our DIY project that's going in our half bath off the living room (FINALLY got some chalk paint!), and Adam tended to his plants outside a bit. We also talked about what plants we should try moving forward that aren't so finicky and will look better year round. Bless Adam's heart, he loves to garden, which I think is great and a fun hobby for him, but gardening is so involved and some plants are more high maintenance to thrive well and somehow all the ones he's tried out so far have ended up more that way. Soooo, I haven't been as pleased with how they look. Which is kinda hard to say to the person who's doing all the work in such a way that they won't take it personally. But we're finally to a place where we can talk a little more openly without me making him feel bad. πŸ™

The only other funny thing to mention about yesterday is that I made roasted veggies and potatoes and Maeve was eating away, while Rowan wandered off because he "didn't like it" (but really didn't even try it). I was applauding Maeve for what a great eater she is and said that Rowan on the other hand is gonna turn into a giant pretzel pretty soon. Maeve busted up laughing and said, "I'm imagining Rowan as a giant pretzel and it laughs me!" What she meant to say was "it makes me laugh" but just said it wrong - it gave me a good laugh though!! πŸ˜‚

And speaking of pretzels, Rowan took the whole bag of pretzels and was trying to walk out of the kitchen with them when he could tell I was looking at him like he was committing an offense. Then he said with a little smirk on his face "I'm just bringing these upstairs for Daddy in case he goes low (blood sugar)" --- but then I got this picture πŸ‘‡, so you do the math on who those pretzels were really for. 😏Little stinker knows just what to say! 

In the interest of time, and since Nolan is crying right now, I'm gonna wrap this up for now and include today in tomorrow's post. 

Here's some other pictures:

Was nursing him and his death grip on my finger was killing me 😍

Popsicles from the ice cream truck πŸ˜‹

Nolan enjoyed licking some juice off the stick  

Cheesin 😁

Adam thought up this idea to roast the marshmallows by hanging the shorter sticks we had off of the gadget that pulls the firepit cover off and it seemed genius until those 2 marshmallows fell off after this pic was taken... 🀦

His new thing is throwing his arms up whenever he sees anyone make eye contact with him πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ - it's too cute! 

Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment