Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

September 6th-7th, 2020: Night shenanigans and waterfalls

Picking up where I last left off, we're to Sunday. These days we have been putting Rowan in a pull up to sleep at night - something I swore I'd never do, but for months and months Rowan has still been inconsistent with staying dry. Given that, of course on Saturday night he fell asleep on the way home from dinner and grabbing donuts, so we had no choice but to keep him in his undies. More often than not his pull up does stay dry, but just our luck he ended up wetting the bed in the middle of the night. πŸ™„ So lame. Adam put him in the bathtub to clean him up, but I ended up soaping him up while Adam got a pallet set up on the floor for him. When I went into the bathroom he said, "Mommy, I'm in the bath because my pants got wet and my penis (pronounced peen-us πŸ˜‚) got wet." πŸ˜‚πŸ€­ So thorough in his explanation! In chatting the next day we also discovered that we all had some bizarre dreams that night...

Adam: he was in a physical fight with someone in his dream and ended up kicking me in his sleep apparently, but I have zero recollection of this. He said I reacted, but I must have done it in my sleep... 

Me: we were watching the dogs and one of them took a poop so huge that it filled up an entire side of a room. 😱 In the dream, I said to Adam, "do you think something's wrong with her?" - uh, duh! The dream version of myself is apparently not so bright. πŸ˜‚ I also had a separate dream where Nolan suddenly just stood up and started walking proficiently like an older kid would walk. Soooo weird haha. Maybe it's a sign he will start walking sooner than we expect... 🀷‍♀️

Maeve: claims she had a dream that someone pooped in her bed. πŸ˜‚ Not so sure this is true, considering she shared it after I shared my dream about poop. πŸ€”

ANYway, all this chatter and I'm not even to Sunday morning. It was a thrilling morning for myself spent finally deep cleaning the fridge. It always takes so dang long and it especially did this time because I got real serious and took apart every drawer so I could clean nooks and crannies I didn't even know I could get to before. I realized they could be taken apart, but had a hard time figuring out how to both take them apart and then afterwards put them back together in the correct way. All I gotta say is that fridge better stay SPOTLESS for months. πŸ˜‚ I'll keep dreaming! I joked with Adam that he gets to clean it next time and his response was "OK, as long as you will clean all the hair out of the bathtub drains next time!" Gag me!! No thanks, I'll stick to the fridge. He's a good man for taking care of that one, I must say, considering it's my hair. πŸ™ˆ True love right there. 

We finally got to doing a quick church meeting later in the afternoon and then after dinner, we went to a playground for the kids to get some energy out since they had been left to their own devices most of the day (Adam was fixing one of the stools he made while I was cleaning the fridge). They had the absolute time of their lives and you'd think they'd never been to a playground before given their enthusiasm level.  Truth be told, it had been months since we'd been to one due to coronavirus so they obviously had missed it! We even threw Nolan down one of the little slides a few times. It was a party! Speaking of Nolan, his new thing is to crawl under our coffee table and just climb right over the bars and keep on going like he's on a mission to get somewhere on the other side - ain't nothing gonna stop him anymore! πŸ˜‚ He will do anything to get to the dog food and water these days so he can eat it and splash the water around. I try to remember to put Zoey's bowls up on the counter before I let him loose on the ground to roam, but I don't always remember so we are constantly fishing dog food out of his mouth. 🀦 Adam couldn't take it anymore and decided to build a contraption on Sunday night to put her bowls in that only she can fit through. We'll see how it goes! 

Which brings us to Labor Day. We decided to drive a little over an hour away to check out Burgess Falls. Seems like any time we  do any sort of day trip that is a little more elaborate there are always lots of hiccups along the way. I don't know if we are poor planners, or it's just bad luck with kids... 🀷‍♀️😩

Hiccup #1: Just before we arrived there it was almost lunch time so we stopped and grabbed some fast food first. While Maeve and I were inside ordering the food, Rowan peed his pants in his car seat. 🀦😩 We were prepared for this potentially happening, but I certainly didn't think it'd happen in the car before we even GOT there! Considering the fact that he has been having accidents left and right again these days, his change of clothes was a pair of jammie shorts since none of his other ones were clean.... 🀦‍♀️🀦‍♀️. So yep, he went hiking in jammie shorts. Stinking boy! He was doing SO WELL for a while there, that I started to back off on giving him a reward everyday, but here we are backtracked. I'm starting to seriously wonder if he's going to have to earn a reward everyday until he's 6 years old to solidify going in the the toilet 100% of the time...!?! 😳Lord have mercy on my soul. I am going to die before I'm done raising these small humans. 

Hiccup #2: The kids got ice cream with their food, but by the time Rowan got cleaned up and was ready to eat his it was quite melted. Unfortunately, the lady had filled up his cup a little too full, but put a cone on top. I couldn't get the cone off without taking the top off, so I had no choice but to basically spill the ice cream everywhere when I opened it up. I ended up dumping out some of the melted ice cream so he wouldn't make an even bigger mess in the car and in the process splashed some of it on myself... 😩 And in that moment is when I decided ice cream is not an option anymore when it's hot and sunny and we can't eat in the restaurant!! 

Hiccup #3: After eating, we showed up to the falls and the park was full! We were about to be sooo bummed if we drove all the way over there for nothing. We looped back a couple times and it was still full so we stopped at a general store so the kids could eat their lunch (they'd only eaten their ice cream so far cause I just will not allow ketchup in the car. Can't get on board with that one!) and I fed Nolan. We said a prayer with the kids that we'd be able to get in the park on our next attempt and just when it appeared that it was STILL full, while we were talking with the dude about other waterfalls nearby, a car pulled out and we were able to go in! So that was a tender mercy and nice power of prayer moment for the kids to witness. πŸ™

I wish I could say once we were in the park it was perfectly smooth sailing, but to be completely honest, about half of the time the kids were whining about being hungry, too hot, or needing to go home to work on their to do list (yes, 5 year old Maeve has a to do list now, created by her 🀣🀦‍♀️ - she will list everything she has to/wants to do the next day before she goes to bed and sometimes she says "man I just have a LOT to do tomorrow!" and that's when I tell her we can trade to do lists πŸ˜‚πŸ˜). But no worries, a totally fun family day for all!! Ain't no complaining gonna stop us. We ended up bribing the kids with a second round of ice cream in an attempt to get a solid family photo, and I ruined it not realizing my face would be too shaded in the hat I was wearing... 🀦😠 Such a bummer and I'm still kicking myself for it. But we delivered and got milkshakes and frosties on the way home. 

So there you have it! A Labor Day for the books. In other news, we had Zoey test out her dog food contraption and she was acting scared to go in. Rowan reeeeally wanted her to go in and eat some food, but we told him she just wasn't going for it and was scared. Only thinking of his own wishes, he responded "I want her to be scared..." πŸ€¦πŸ˜…. So nice of him.

And now for a nice photo dump, mostly of photos from Burgess Falls but also a shot of Rowan standing on Adam's big ladder that he proudly climbed up. 😊







Add caption




Rowan lifting up his glasses πŸ˜‚


Maeve's hand on her hip! She sure knows how to pose 😍

Perhaps the best family photo of the day... 🀣




I also took this video because it was just so funny the first time. I had asked him if he was going to eat all his fries and he said "Always do!" just like in this video. I made him repeat it again so I could record it... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment