Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

March 9th, 2021: Homemade bread in a bag

Well, it was a successful round 2 of waking up early to workout. So this morning Rowan and I played Uno, while Nolan was buckled into his high chair and entertained with putting popsicle sticks down our tissue paper holder. Sometimes you just gotta think outside the box to keep them happy and contained, otherwise he would have been whining to get in my lap so he could steal cards left and right. 🤦 So that's what I came up with and it totally did the trick keeping him occupied for a while. 🙌 We also did round 2 of flying our airplanes outside, and also added in some batting practice. So, we had ourselves a fun little morning before doing preschool!

Preschool was a total hoot. Rowan kept making me laugh. We talked about fruit and grains today and when I asked him what his favorite fruit was, his first response was "vegetables!" 😂🤔 We also revisited the letter M and then printed out his M for his alphabet book and used marshmallows for stamp art to decorate the M. I told him to pick out some paint colors and first he said he wanted orange and green, but then ended up pulling out pink and purple. I asked him why he got those instead of what he said first and he said, "I have to use Maeve's favorite colors!" 😂🤔 Nevermind what his favorite colors are... I guess that's besides the point. 🤷 Then we read The Little Red Hen and made our own homemade bread in a ziplock bag. In the book, the hen goes through the whole entire process starting with planting the wheat before she can turn it into flour and make her bread. I told Rowan we were going to make our own homemade bread too and he didn't seem too thrilled about it, and then asked, "Are we going to do it just like her? Plant the wheat and everything?" 😂😂🤦 No wonder he wasn't so thrilled about doing it if he thought we had to do ALL that hard work too! I laughed and told him that it would take a reeeal long time to grow some wheat ourselves and that we would just use our flour from the pantry. 😉 He was more onboard after hearing that and was a great little helper. Our loaf turned out great!! I actually figured out how to shape it too so that it would look nice and pretty. 🙌 Gotta love homemade bread - there is just nothing like it! 

Bella came over and played at our house this afternoon after Maeve got home from school. It was kinda nice because it got all the kids playing upstairs happily and I just had Nolan playing downstairs happily on his own with me while I worked in the kitchen doing dishes and prep for dinner. I made a new recipe tonight for dinner, which involved making a homemade vegan cheese dip that I then used for quesadillas and then threw some other veggies in there with black beans and pickled jalapenos. They turned out great!! I was actually very impressed by the cheese dip - it mimicked the cheese flavor pretty darn well and reminded me of queso. The consistency was awesome. As usual, Rowan would not go for it, but I did at least get him to try it. Such a bummer he didn't like it. I pray one of these days that boy will expand his horizons! Maeve scarfed hers down though, so hallelujah for that! Thank goodness I have one child I can depend on eating well.

The major lowlight of the day was Rowan peeing ALL over the floor because he didn't push his penis down in time and there was no stopping it. It went all over like a rainbow. 🙄😂 Then to make matters worse, just before I needed to leave for YW tonight, he waited a little too long to get on the pot again and sprayed me with pee yet again. 😭 How many times will I get sprayed with pee before he turns 18 and leaves my house?? 😩 It sure feels like this kid is always going to have potty issues sometimes. Heaven help me if Nolan is a Rowan 2.0 with potty training because if so, I'm throwing in the towel and I will hire someone else to be his Mom until he's 4 or 5 and doesn't struggle anymore. 😅 Those boy parts really have a way of making the potty experience rough. Girl parts are a lot more tame, I have to say. 😂🤷

Anyway, ditching the fam for YW activities and then coming home to hop on Zoom where Adam got extended a new calling brings us to now. I would say what that calling is, but I realize I shouldn't until it's a done deal on Sunday. But he didn't drop dead, so that's a plus. 😜

Enjoy these pics of the day and I'll catch ya next time. 


This kid! 😂👆👇 He's a nut for sure. 


She was too impatient to wait for me to get her a pancake ready as an afternoon snack (her request 🤷), she spread the peanut butter on it herself. 🙌👏I guess I need to have her do it herself more often! 

Quite the bread!! 😍


Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment