Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

March 22nd - 24th, 2021: B Bye Ben G O

I've got a few days to catch up on. I could not bring myself to write last night, but we'll get to that in a minute.

Monday morning got off to an excellent start when Rowan shocked the heck out of me by going upstairs early in the morning without saying a word to me and coming back downstairs fully dressed. 😲😲 I couldn't believe my eyes! Miracles still happen. He even swapped the pull up out for undies. He might have put those undies on backwards, but hey, if he's getting himself dressed, I don't even care. 🙌 I love the independence because it's been a long time coming! 9 times out of 10 now his shirt will be on backwards and the simple sight of it will just make me smile because it means he did it. 

Nolan has also gotten much better about not throwing tons of food on the floor the last few days. It dawned on me tonight I haven't had to vacuum 3 times a day lately! 🙏 I'm singing praises. 

The kids had dentist appts. on Monday after Maeve got out of school and they went SO well. I was dreading it considering last time was a total disaster when they had to get x-rays and Maeve lost her mind from gagging and Rowan skipped the gagging and just threw up because of it. 🤦😅 I forewarned them and poor Rowan asked, "Am I gonna choke again?" 😂😢 Lucky for us, it was smooth sailing and they didn't say one word about x-rays this time and both check ups were great with no issues. Once again, I'm singing praises. 🙏🙏

Here's where I stop singing praises, because Tuesday morning started off with Rowan up at 5:40am with me while I did my workout. He laid on the couch watching me the whole time and I should have known something was up because he looked pretty somber. While I was getting Maeve ready for school he told me he had a headache so I gave him some tylenol and then soon after that he said it wasn't helping and his back was hurting. Then in the car on the way to school he started freaking out saying "Why isn't it helping yet?? My belly doesn't feel good!!" and then just a few moments later he threw up on himself. 😳 Ugh. Lovely considering we weren't even in line yet. Poor kid had to sit there for a bit waiting to get back home. Luckily he didn't throw up again in the car, but he was whining for a bath on the way home, and was still very somber in the bath saying he still didn't feel good. After the bath, he threw up again. Ten minutes after that though, he said he had no more throw up coming. We decided to camp out downstairs in front of the TV with a show on for him so I could help Nolan with breakfast. I started a load of laundry and then he complained again of not feeling well, so I gave him some pepto and luckily nothing else happened. Probably 30 minutes later he was more than back to himself, very excited about his alphabet show, eating lots of cereal and staying happy and well. 🙌🙏 It made me smile to see him acting like himself again because it's the worst when they're so somber and not feeling well. Luckily the rest of the day was smooth sailing and he was my little buddy following me around as I did some cleaning, re-hung up ALL of Adam's ties that he took upon himself knock down a while ago cause he was "looking for a tie that looked like his" 🤦🙄, did laundry, and deep cleaned my retainers. FUN stuff, I know. 😂 Turns out it is not a good idea to let a baking soda/water paste sit inside retainers for a few minutes, because I guess it can break down the plastic. I panicked when I saw a small piece of plastic was breaking off the back of one of them. Luckily it's the very back so it shouldn't impact anything, but I was sweating for a second. The good news is they do look less cloudy now! 

After Maeve got back from school, the kids had a dance party with our "party lights" on (ie. colored LED lights behind the TV and lightbulbs in the lamps switch to colored lights too - Adam upgraded the bulbs haha) and we read some books and just hung out. I have really been focusing on helping Nolan walk these days, and I'm just crossing my fingers he will want to take more steps on his own soon!! 🤞

I started to get pretty achy in the afternoon, so I opted to skip out on YW and just veg after the kids were in bed. I took a bath and that helped calm my muscles so I could go to sleep. 

Today Rowan woke up again saying he didn't feel good, but luckily after some pepto and eating breakfast he was fine. He was actually so cute with me this morning making pancakes. His new thing is helping get out all the ingredients he can reach, getting the pan out for me, and standing in a chair next to me the whole time I cook them so he can excitedly count them as I cook them. It's kind of my favorite how excited he is about the whole affair. My cute boy! While they were cooking, we also did lots of rolling/throwing balls around to each other, Nolan included. That boy loves his balls!! It's one of my favorite things to do with him because he looks so stinking cute throwing the ball and Rowan loves being involved too!

We did some preschool today and Rowan counted to 55 with little help! 👏 That boy sure is good at counting. He's also doing so well with his letters and their sounds these days and is so excited about it. 🥰

After feeding the boys lunch, I snuck upstairs to shower and get ready so we could run out and get a few groceries before picking up Maeve, but when I was finished I found Rowan asleep in Maeve's bed. I had made his already that morning, but got distracted and didn't get to making hers, so he just hopped in there instead. 😏 Smart boy! I couldn't bring myself to wake him up considering he was recently sick, so I just did some cleaning and laundry and played with Nolan instead. Adam helped me out and got those few items this evening, so we're good. 

Now for my list of recent laughs: 

~Rowan asked me the other day if Nolan was allowed to have lemonade. I told him no, and then Adam told me he was confirming that because he had freaked out the day before when Adam let Nolan have a few sips of lemonade, insisting that I normally don't let him have any. 🤦 Looks like we've got ourselves a little policeman named Rowan now. 😂 He also LOST HIS MIND recently when I let Nolan hold the spoon and feed himself some oatmeal, with a little assistance on my part still, because he was SO worried about him making a mess. I know I hate messes, but what 3 year old is SO concerned about messes!? The gene I passed on is a strong one I guess. 🤦😬 It literally didn't even help that I was telling him I was okay with it and I was monitoring the mess. That boy is crazy!

~Speaking of messes, thanks to my strong gene being passed down, I don't even have to ask Rowan to clean up after himself usually, which I must say is really nice. He pulled out some playdough on his own on Monday and was playing with it upstairs at his little table in the playroom and I was pleasantly surprised to see that it all got put away when he was done and came back downstairs. The only thing his 3 year old eyes don't see are all the little bits of playdough that are left behind on the table and on the ground underneath, but hey, I'll take it. 

~The other day I gave Rowan a snack that he asked for and after eating it it all, he said, "Actually, I forgot I didn't want that, but I ate it all. I want something else!" 😂🤔 

~Yesterday Rowan put some flip flops on himself, but put them on the wrong feet. I told him if he fixed it and put them on right, they'd probably feel better and he responded, "They already do feel better" 😂🤔

~Yesterday while sucking on a lollipop, Rowan was holding it in his cheek and he said, "Mom, feel right here!" and thought that the fact that his lollipop was creating a bulge in his cheek was just hilarious! 😂😂

~On Sunday night, Rowan referred to his sleeping bag as a suitcase. 😂 He said, "I wanna sleep in my suitcase. I've never slept in my suitcase before!" Which he's definitely used his sleeping bag before, so who knows why he said that, but it was too funny! 

~The other day, Alexa randomly interjected out of the blue without us saying anything to her and said "I'm sorry, what was that?" and Rowan responded, "It was just us!" 😂😂 

~Apparently these are all about Rowan.... now that I've said his name a million times already, what's a few more times?! He was reading a book to himself after I told him what the lines were and instead of saying "Moving in darkness. Moving in daylight." he said, "Moving in darkness. Moving in lightness." 😂🤔 

~Rowan randomly started singing the BINGO song and instead of singing "B-I-N-G-O" he sang, "B-Bye-Ben-G-O" 😂🤷

~The kids were coloring earlier today and writing some little notes for me on paper. Rowan scribbled a few notes for me and Maeve, but then he would run over and read the scribbles to me. One note said, "I love you all day. I love you sweet baby. I love you too." 😂🥰  Another one said, "I love you so much. I love when you sleep." *😂🤷

I think that's all I got for now. Here are some pics and videos!!

Came out of the bathroom to see Nolan had taken off his own diaper 🙈🙊 - apparently pants are necessary now! 😂👇


Super casual waiting for the hygienist to do his cleaning 😂

Sweet boy snuggled up watching me workout 

Rowan asked Maeve to draw a picture of him throwing up in his carseat 😳🤢 - don't ask me why she drew the throw up purple because it was not purple! Love her misspelled words that she sounded out. 🥰 Hair, sky, rainbow, and seat (written backwards as tes) 

Napping in Maeve's bed today 

This boy's little personality is too much right now! He kills me in the below pics. 👇😂😂




Nolan being silly on his police car! 😂 https://youtube.com/shorts/Opc1olY6hqg 

Maeve giving us a math lesson 😂 https://youtu.be/asjCZZPepoU

A clip of Maeve's dance class https://youtube.com/shorts/P2sdg-U-htk 

How Nolan rides his police car 😂 https://youtube.com/shorts/GwOoc7wQZt8 

Had to record this one because someday I'll want to look back and remember this silly scoot that he does half the time when he doesn't want to crawl normally 😂🤷 https://youtube.com/shorts/0rT0ipRdtU8

Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment