Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Thursday, March 11, 2021

March 10th-11th, 2021: Busy busy + Half day and parent teacher conferences

I didn't write yesterday because it was such a busy day and I chose to just relax and watch New Amsterdam instead. I needed a good veg session. 😂

I feel like my update for yesterday can basically be a list of all the stuff I had to do, which was: 

1. Sorting out with eBay the fact that someone took over my account trying to sell some items. 😨 Of course I saw all these weird emails when I was in the middle of finishing my workout, so I had to pause and take care of it, because I knew if I just waited until I was finished the boys would start distracting me with wants and needs and I would forget. Annoying. I got it taken care of, but it left me wondering how they got into my account. Of course I have since changed my eBay and email passwords. 

2. All the cleaning and dishes that never end 

3. Preschool with Rowan - we talked about the dairy food group and counted cheese towers and "painted" toast with colored milk. Rowan was convinced that he could not drink the milk because he thought that it somehow turned into paint since we put food coloring in it and were "painting" with it. He kept calling it paint. 😂 He was stunned when I decided to show him the way and try some and he saw that nothing bad happened to me. Then he was even more stunned that the green, pink, and purple milk all tasted the same. 😂 And now he knows... food coloring doesn't change the flavor OR turn milk into paint just because you're using a paintbrush with it. We're learning big things around here. We also read If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, If You Give a Pig a Pancake, If You Give a Moose a Muffin, and If You Take a Mouse to School - he looooved them and made me read them all a second time. It was so cute how attentive he was. 🥰 

4. Planned out meals for the rest of the week and went grocery shopping

5. Figured out what to do about the ringworm that we found on Zoey. 🤦 Considering the fact she JUST went to the vet, we were not excited about taking her right back. I googled it and apparently you can treat it with an anti-fungal dog shampoo. They didn't have one at Kroger, so I was going to get it today from the pet store, but then I went to look at the spot on her and it is gone now. 😳 So bizarre! I have no idea how it's already gone, but I guess she's fine now. 🤷

6. Made stir fry for dinner 

7. Hopped on zoom for a Relief Society talent show/favorite things party. Most of the sisters shared crafty talents, but there were a couple noteworthy ones that were more unique and cool to me - one sister has a typewriter that she uses to write old fashioned letters to pen pals regularly. A lot of the people she writes to are strangers that are part of this pen pal correspondence she found. She's only gotten to know them through letters. She also has a best friend that she literally only communicates with through letters. 😲 I applaud her for keeping it old fashioned in the kind of world we live in today. She's not much older than me either, so pretty cool for someone in my generation. Another sister keeps extensive spreadsheets about EVERYTHING in her life. Her husband calls it a talent, but she also called it a problem because it's a little excessive. I was laughing when she said that she has one that records the outfits she wears to substitute teach so she doesn't show up in repeat outfits to the same classroom. 😂😂 Too funny! 

And that brings us to today! I guess the kids heard me working out this morning, because they ended up waking up on their own before it was time to get ready. Maeve kept coming downstairs saying "Is it time yet?" or "How about now?" 🙄 I think she was excited for her half day, due to parent teacher conferences. I had mine this afternoon with her teacher and heard only good things! Maeve is a superstar needing more of a challenge everyday. She will be more than ready for first grade and it's hard to believe that she only has a few months of Kindergarten left. 😭

Other noteworthy affairs of the day include: trying out a baked oats recipe for breakfast (pretty tasty!), mopping the entire downstairs - it needed it BAD, and I had been wanting to for a few days now, but it's harder to get done with crazy Nolan these days, painting the kids nails (yep, Rowan too 🤦- and don't worry, he chose pink!), and almost pulling my hair out before Adam got home. Nolan was losing it being sooo whiny and Rowan kept charging at Maeve for no reason at all. Poor Maeve just wanted to do a reading lesson with me and we just couldn't do it because of the crazy boys. Which reminds me of this morning when Rowan wanted to read the Mouse book collection again, but him and Nolan were being CRAZY while I was reading all the books. Rowan kept insisting he was listening and it's pretty impossible to tell Nolan to be quiet, but my goodness it was NOISY! Eventually I started practically yelling the words in the book, which got their attention and mad them quiet down for a little bit, until they were back it climbing all over each other again and being loud before long. Moral of the story: boys are CRAZY! I literally was in tears tonight because sometimes 3 kids is wild and crazy and overwhelming, especially with Nolan wreaking more havoc these days.... and I just don't know if I can handle a 4th child! But then I get really emotional thinking that because I LOVE babies and feel like I need to be mentally prepared soaking every last moment in with my last baby-- and I didn't do that with Nolan because I just assumed I would have a 4th. Ugh. It's a lot and I'm sure I started crying about it tonight just because of PMS since I'm about to start my cycle. 😅🙈 Anyway, there's some real talk for ya. I leave it in God's hands. Only time will tell what's in store for our crazy family. 

That's about all I got. I wish I could go bake something right now, but all I want to bake is unhealthy desserts so it's probably not a good idea. 😂 I might not be crafty, but I love to create in my kitchen. Sadly it's not quite as fun to bake the healthy stuff. 😏 Oh well. Maybe this weekend! 

And now for my laughs of the day:

~Rowan put a toy up on the ledge in the kitchen and said to me "I'm putting this up here because I'm playing with it and I don't want Nolan to get it." 🤔 Little does he know then he can't really play with it either... 🤣

~Nolan threw a cutie on the floor, so Rowan asked Alexa if dogs can eat oranges. She responded that oranges are not considered poisonous to dogs, but might contain individual ingredients that might be toxic so it's best to check with your veterinarian 😂 so Rowan said, "So she can eat oranges, however, she can't eat oranges" 😂 - pretty solid interpretation for a 3 year old based on her answer if you ask me! 

I also remembered that I forgot to share in one of my previous posts that last Friday I not only forgot to pack a lunch for Maeve for school, but then we also forgot her backpack on the way out the door. Poor girl had to walk into school backpack-less and it felt so weird to see - luckily that kinda thing doesn't make a 5 year old self conscious! Total mom fail for me though. 🤦🤦 

Here's some pics from today and a video of Nolan saying the words apple (app) and dog (dah)! 

My baked oats! Yum

I caught him in the middle of a funny face! 😂


Trouble! 

He loves to stand on his car behind this table and one of these days he is going to totally biff it. 🤦🙈


https://youtu.be/CzfLMBzBDUo

Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment