Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Thursday, March 4, 2021

March 4th, 2021: Crazy sock day

I have a confession. After I blogged last night Adam went and got me a papadia from Papa Johns. I saw this ad and it just looked so good that it got my mouth watering. It's like quesadilla meets pizza. It was pretty dang good! Definitely fits in the junk category, but sometimes you just have to give in. * I mean look at this pic... 👇 They know how to get you with ads - the only shame is you get it and it never looks quite so perfect as the pic. 😂

Anyway, onto today. It was crazy sock day for Maeve at school in honor of Dr. Seuss's book Fox in Socks. She decided to make it extra crazy by wearing 2 different crazy socks instead of a matching pair. She told me she was the only one that did that. 😂🤷

Adam worked from home today, which was nice because I wanted to be in on the New Member call in the coaching program I'm a part of now and it happened to be at 11am, which is when he takes a lunch break. So convenient! I feel like I'm better acquainted with the program now and how it all works, so that's nice. The good news is I feel like there's so much more I can get out of this program than figuring out how to manage my throw up fears, so it should be pretty life changing. 

It was such nice weather today, so after my call and lunch time, Rowan and I spent some time outside and he rode his bike and scooter around and did some running races against himself where I timed him. He was being so funny about his helmet though and eventually insisted that he wear his helmet every other time riding down the path that he was riding on. So, he kept switching between his hat and his helmet. Not sure what was going on in his little brain to make him want to do that. Maybe it was just him compromising considering he didn't want to wear it at all at first, but I wanted him to wear it the whole time. 😂🤷 Funny kid.

He had me laughing this morning when he found a pair of scissors in the drawer of the entry way table and said, "Mom! Who put the scissors in here?? They're not supposed to be in there cause I can get them. They're supposed to be up high!" 😂 So honest of him to turn them in to me instead of just sneaking away and cutting papers up into a million pieces like he normally does with them. 

After Maeve got home from school, she was a pretty cranky mess at first. I felt like I kept having to put out fires for the first 45 minutes and she was just a crying mess over this and that. Luckily things mellowed out and her and Rowan started playing school and invited me in as the student. Maeve and I even had pretend names, Bella and Stella respectively. 😂 Her and Rowan were both teachers and Maeve was writing down math problems for me to answer. After Rowan hadn't done any teaching yet, he said "I'm not teaching, only Maeve is, but there are two teachers here!" 😂🤔 Had to point himself out as a teacher without even doing any teaching. Too funny. 

After Adam finished work, we went out to take the kids to a playground. On our way, we decided to get a car wash and we had Zoey with us, so she got to experience her first car wash. Eventually she started barking and was pretty confused about what was going on. 😂 The kids had a blast at the playground - their favorite one - which is at the other elementary school. If I had known Nolan would totally hate the baby swings, we would have just gone there on Sunday too, so now we know. When we got home they raced to the front door (their new thing) and Rowan got there first and said, "You losed! But you still win if you lose the game, Maeve." 😂🤔 Might not make any sense, but too cute that he was trying to make her feel better about it. 🥰

Oh man, Maeve totally cracked me up when I put her to bed tonight. We were getting ready to do her homework sheet before she settled into bed and she said, "I think I need to grab another pen because I can't find the other one I got." She slowly moseyed over to get another one and come back to me, but when she was next to me again, she got a strange confused look on her face as she referenced her sleeve and said, "Hmmm, I think I feel something up there...." and what do you know, out popped a pen from her sleeve! 😂😂 I was so thrown off and asked her if she planned to do that to trick me and she said yes. 🤣 What a little jokester! 

Nolan had me laughing all day today and you'll see why from the pictures below. He is such a ham and changing so much these days. He is starting to feel less and less like my baby, but he also can't walk still so I guess I shouldn't go too far with that statement. He does know how to safely climb back down the stairs now after he climbs up them, so that's nice. 🙌 He did try and climb onto the very top of the couch tonight to balance himself there - pretty sure we're going to end up with some injuries here soon. 😳 He's too mischievous for his own good! 

And before I share those pictures, the only other thing to report is that I just went to Walmart to try and get Maeve a pink sleeveless dress that looks like Sally's from Cat in the Hat so she can dress up as her tomorrow. They didn't have one, but she's got another dress that is sleeveless that is close enough to pink that it's fine. Has a little more red in it, but oh well, it will work fine enough. I picked up a few other things including stuff to make a new salsa recipe I found, so I'm excited to try that out! 🙌

Since that's a wrap, here are the pics of the day: 

Cause why not just get right in the basket to play?! 😂👆👇


He loves to throw his head back and it cracks me up. 😂

NBD, just turned the basket over to use it as a seat 😂

His little feet 😍

That little diapered butt standing on his tip toes gazing up at the TV totally enthralled. It's too much! 😍


Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment