Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Monday, March 15, 2021

March 12th - 14th, 2021: Good eats and online shopping

I am racking my brain right now to even remember anything about Friday except for what I made for dinner and what Adam and I both made for dessert. 😂🤦 That is literally all that is coming to me. It must mean that whatever I did during the day with the boys and then after school with Maeve was not very meaningful. 

Oh oh... wait... it's coming to me a little bit. I remember now that for preschool Rowan got to play with a sensory bin of flour and had a party driving his monster trucks all around in the flour. He made less of a mess than I honestly anticipated he would, so that was a win. We also made homemade ice cream by shaking it in a bag for 8 minutes. My arms were pretty tired after that, let me tell you, especially because Rowan didn't want to help shake it much. I don't blame him, it was kinda heavy with all the ice. Unlike Maeve, Rowan actually enjoyed the ice cream though and ate about half of it. Maeve took one bit and decided it was not up to par for her tastes. 🤦 I'll give it to her that it isn't exactly high quality ice cream when you're making it that way, but that's what you get when you're making it the toddler friendly way with 2 ingredients. 🤷 The other thing I remember about Friday is after Maeve got home all 3 kids were chowing down on Kix and a looooot of Kix ended up all over the floor. Thanks to Nolan (understandable) and sadly also Rowan, who decided it would be funny to shoot them out of his mouth, as if he was shooting some hoops if there had been a basket to collect them ... 🤦😅 - I told him I liked his creativity, but still wanted him to stop. Too bad that kid rarely listens to me. Which means - you guessed it - way more Kix ended up on the floor than there should have been. So many that even with Nolan and Zoey eating them from off the floor hardly put a dent in it. YAY. 

The real party started when we had sweet potato black bean vegan chorizo tacos. I had to laugh and also cheer on the inside when Maeve chose to put everything on her tacos but the lettuce, while Rowan on the other hand only wanted lettuce on his. I'm sorry, but what was that?! You want only lettuce folded up inside a tortilla bro? He meant what he said and he took a bite, made a strange face, but still gave us a thumbs up. 😂😂 You do you, boy. I'm just glad he ate some lettuce! He eventually asked for honey mustard on it, after realizing it had no taste at all. 😏 We took the party to the next level by making chocolate cake mix cookies with homemade chocolate frosting - a recipe I got from my sis and they are so simple but SO good. I decided to try out putting peanut butter M&Ms in half of them too, and though they were also good that way, I do think I appreciated the pure softness of the plain ones and maybe liked them better that way. A little surprising since I love peanut butter M&Ms so much, but I guess sometimes simpler is just best. Meanwhile, Adam made some homemade vanilla ice cream because he wasn't so much in a chocolate mood, but more in an ice cream kinda mood. But let's be honest - in the end, we all had some of both. 😂 It was all divine, but very much a sugar overload!! You know that's especially the case when the kids don't even want to finish their ice cream. 🤯

I was so excited to see that a new episode of A Million Little Things was finally available to watch, so that's what we watched after the kids went to bed and it was a good one! Although it is kinda annoying that almost every show has decided to pull Covid into their storylines - I get why, but at the same time, when I watch shows I kinda appreciate that I get a break from reality - not anymore! 😒 

Saturday morning I got some good cuddles and mostly quiet time with Maeve and Rowan in our bed before we got up and moving. Maeve loves to play guessing games by describing stuff to us within a category and seeing if we can name what she's describing, so we did that for a little while and also played some I Spy. For one turn, she spied something green, which ended up being her water bottle, and Rowan was confused because it was also purple and pink. I tried to explain though that she still just said green because it's mostly green because that's the background color. Then he picked up the bottle and pointed to the front and back respectively and said, "This is the frontround and this is the background" 😂🤔 Kinda don't blame him for coming up with that logic. 

When we went downstairs, Adam had already been making waffles for all of us, which was a nice surprise! We devoured them and then I took Maeve to her dance class. I'm glad I get to at least watch her on a screen since I don't get to be in the same room as her watching - she is pretty cute copying all the dance moves. She does pretty well following for the most part! 

It was a rainy day, so no roofing for Adam after we got back. Nolan was fighting the nap, but I wanted to give him one more chance for one, so him and I stayed home while Adam took Maeve and Rowan to the Discovery Center in the afternoon. They also stopped at Home Depot on the way home, so they were gone for a while. And yet, I still managed to basically only shop for workout clothes on the Fabletics website. Figured I'd give that site a try since the prices are actually pretty good if you have a membership and the membership fee actually goes toward your purchase too, so it's kinda a win when all is said and done and you can cancel anytime. 🙌 It was fun picking them out! They should come by Wednesday and I'm excited to see if I like everything. Fingers crossed. Oh and also - Nolan ended up staying awake the whole time, the little stinker! So in hindsight, we all could have gone out, but hey, now I've got some more workout clothes coming in the mail, which is an early birthday present for me. 🎉

Saturday night I decided to check out redbox because it had been forever since we rented a movie. Turns out there was a movie available that sounded really good and got rave reviews so we went for it. Words on Bathroom Walls is what it was called - about a high school boy with Schizophrenia who still manages to meet a love interest and kinda tries to hide that side of him for awhile, but eventually she finds out and he comes to term with the fact that his mental illness does not define him. It was pretty wild and raw - definitely good acting and very eye opening about Schizophrenia. Very sad to watch him struggle so much, but I really enjoyed it! That night my cycle also finally started, which I was kinda sweating for a few days when it hadn't started yet, thinking oh man, the jokes on me and I'm already pregnant given my recent hesitations - but then Adam reminded me that February is a shorter month so really I was on track and just hadn't taken that into account! Oops. Turns out I had no reason to sweat at all. 🤦 

Yesterday morning (Sunday) Adam and I had to drive separately to church because he had to stay after to do a lesson with the missionaries. I followed him most of the way there, but eventually decided to break off and go my favorite way, while he went a different way. I now regret that, because then I got pulled over for speeding. 🤦🤦🤦 While we were still following each other, I heard Maeve and Rowan saying this to each other in the backseat: 

Rowan: Do you know Mommy and Daddy are in the same line? (ie. on the same road) 
Maeve: Yeah, it's because there's only one trail to church 

😂😂 

Too funny! Maeve soon learned she was wrong about that when I veered off and got my ticket. After the officer came to get my license and registration, he went back to his car and the kids were immediately like, "Okay Mom! Go! Let's go!" 😂 Little did they know, I could not just drive away. I wish! This is actually the first ticket I've gotten since having kids! I had such a long stretch of luck, but alas, that had to come to end. Maeve was very concerned about what the outcome would be, and when she found out I could take traffic school, she definitely thought that was the best way to go since it's cheapest. She asked if traffic school is fun and I told her it's pretty boring, but then she said, "boring for adults... but probably fun for kids" - of course she would say that since she loves school so much!! 😂😏 While waiting on the cop, Rowan finally realized Adam was no longer driving with us, so he asked where he went. I told him he had kept driving, so he was probably already at the church waiting, and then he said, "No, I think he got in a car crash too..." 😂🤔 Not sure why he thought we crashed, but anyway.... 🤷 after an eventful extra 5-10 minutes, we made it to church. 

Church was good and then I hopped on my zoom YW lesson as soon as Adam got home. Literally 4 minutes after the lesson was supposed to start, the young woman that was supposed to teach texted one of the other leaders and said she woke up not feeling well and couldn't teach. This was at 11:34am. 🤦🤦 Way to drop the bomb as late as she possibly could. Poor Angela, one of the counselors, had to just wing it and teach the lesson last minute. Never a dull moment with these YW! Luckily she's awesome (she actually goes by Sister Awesome 😂- she's a hoot) and did a fabulous job winging it. 

Much of the rest our sabbath day I spent in the kitchen making a second batch of cookies for Adam to take to one of his ministering families and then we gave most of the rest to our neighbors. I also made some homemade crescent rolls - a new recipe - and they were SOOO good!! I feel like I officially know what the perfect dough really feels like and will be able to have perfect results now every single time, no matter the recipe I am making, which is so exciting for me. Definitely a skill I never thought I'd have, but I love it. They were a hit for every single member of our family and all 24 rolls are already gone! 🙈 A sad reality. While I was in my own little world doing that, the kids were in their own little world in their fort in the living room (always building forts these days), and they also watched the Friend to Friend broadcast for a 3rd time. 😂 I love that they love it so much, but I just hope they do more of these on a semi regular basis! Such a fun idea for them and they loooooved following along for the drawing part. 

After the kids went to bed, I had my biweekly family zoom call, which had no shortage of hiccups. I ended up sitting on the bathroom floor, trying to get as far away from Adam as I could, considering he was on a church call with someone else - but of course my family could still hear him in the background. 🙄 The kids took forever to settle so I kept having to go upstairs to knock some sense into them and probably because of that my connection was terrible and I kept having to leave the call and rejoin so that everyone wouldn't sound choppy. SO when all was said and done, I got about 20% of what was shared, but oh well. I still get an A for effort. 😅

That's all I got, so here are some pics from the weekend:



She cracks me up changing up the bows in her hair and putting on alllll the jewelry after school. 😂😍

This boy is too much!! This sequence of photos was killing me. Soooo cute and silly. He's a hoot! 😍👆👇

😂

😂😂


I share this blurry one just to show Rowan's initial pose when I told him I wanted to take a pic. Like, he doesn't even know how to NOT go all out when he poses. 😂😂 He is soooo crazy. 

Maeve's dead serious face and pose, with her sparkly heels and wand tucked in her pants. 😂😂😂 They were being "magic stars" with their magic devices. Gotta love that Rowan couldn't think of any other way to secure his bubble wand other than stuffing it in his shirt. 😂😂🤦

Fort time all the time. I straightened Maeve's hair for church and I feel like it makes her look so much older!! 😍


Peace and blessings. ✌️




No comments:

Post a Comment