Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

March 1st-2nd, 2021: Dr. Seuss week begins

It is Read Across America Week at school this week for Maeve and apparently it's Dr. Seuss's birthday today. Because of that, this whole week is dedicated to Dr. Seuss and the kids get to dress up in fun ways all week to celebrate. I had a major mom fail and totally forgot about this. Maeve had planned to wear a birthday hat for crazy hat day on Monday in honor of Cat in the Hat, but I completely spaced it come Monday (yesterday) morning and she did not show up to school wearing that hat. 🤦🤦 I realized my mistake once we were in the carpool line and felt so bad, but luckily I felt more bad about it than she even cared - she rolled with it quite well, so good for her. At least she will get to participate the rest of the week and the good news is there were some kids that also didn't show up in hats yesterday in her class as well, so she wasn't the only one. 

Nolan is getting into more and more mischief these days - I forgot to share this video on yesterday's post where he has figured out how to climb onto the couch. 👇

https://youtu.be/y-AMJDnFR6Q

How is it that he can't walk yet if he can do that?? 🙄 I swear, my other kids took longer to figure out how to get on the couch because once it happened, I don't remember being worried about them getting on the end tables and falling off and hurting themselves. He goes straight onto the end tables and takes the greenery ball off the glass jar that has a bunch of pebbles in it for decorative purposes and then he starts playing with those - major choking hazard so now I have to be on high alert at all times. 😭 I imagine I will just end up moving those jars and keeping them somewhere else where he can't get to them for the time being. Story of my life when it comes to baby proofing. Things keep getting shuffled around because he's a destroyer. 🤦 Someday my house will be how I want it again haha. Another way he has been getting into mischief has been pulling the little house Adam created that covers Zoey's dog food and water so he can't mess with it. So uh, now that "fix" is no longer fixing the problem. Don't you love that when they figure out how to outsmart you over and over again? 🙄 So now we've put weights in it to solve the problem, but I discovered on yesterday that if I don't put it right smack dab up against the wall, he can squeeze his hand through there and still dump out the water. 🤦🤦 He's trouble and I can't keep up!!

For preschool yesterday Rowan built some towers with cans and boxes from our pantry, but had to incorporate his guitar so that he could create a little archway to crawl through. 😂 He loved it. In other news, I have been so good lately about limiting my treat consumption to just on the weekends, but yesterday afternoon we've got some runny noses getting passed around the house and I ended up starting to develop a scratchy throat too. It was bugging me yesterday afternoon and I just kept having to clear it and having some chocolate to soothe it sounded soooo good. So I caved last night and did eat some peanut butter M&Ms and a couple oreos, while I was blogging in fact. 😏 I felt it was a good enough excuse to have some comfort food. Due to said throat bothering me, I also made a vegan broccoli cheese soup for dinner and I was a little skeptical as I was preparing it, but it actually turned out well and Adam and I both really enjoyed it. 🙌  It seemed pretty dang cheesy for having no real cheese in it, so that's a total win. The only bummer was Maeve didn't like it too - unlike the boys, she is a pretty adventurous eater and will usually eat most of the meals I make, so I was kinda surprised that she didn't like it. Oh well, can't win 'em all. 🤷 I'm just glad she is always very ready and willing to try everything I make, because Rowan most definitely will not. It's like pulling teeth to get that boy to taste anything new. 🤦
    
My laugh of the day yesterday was this convo with Rowan when he was asking for some milk in a sippy: 
        Rowan: "I don't want that sippy cup"
        Me: "Do you want this one?"
        Rowan: "No, that's Maeve's"
        Me: "What about this one?"
        Rowan: "No, that's mine" ......... 🤔🤔

Umm, what? Apparently, that's his for other drinks besides milk I guess. 🤷 Kids sometimes! 

Today, Maeve went to school wearing green for Green Eggs and Ham day. They read the book, got a Zoom call from Ms. Brown's dad which was a highlight - she wrote that so many of them were shocked that she had parents and didn't just live that at the school. 😂😂😂 Gotta love it. I know as a kid I thought my teachers lived at the school too. I was shocked one time to see one of mine out in public once. Good times! When Maeve was telling me about the Zoom call with her teacher's dad, she said slowly with so much emphasis, "Guess. what! Today I - for real - saw Ms. Brown's dad!" 😂 So much excitement, but the biggest highlight of all was making green eggs and ham and getting to eat it! Maeve loves eggs so I know she was thrilled. 

Here at home it was a pretty low key day, just doing all the normal daily stuff. During preschool, we read the book Stone Soup and then Rowan made me some Stone soup in his little play kitchen. I was trying to get him to act as if he was really making it and put in all the veggies and potatoes that they did in the book, but eventually he was adding in grapes and pumpkin and the whole shebang. He told me it needed that stuff so it would be sweeter. 🤷 I've never had a sweet soup myself, but we rolled with it. Turns out, it was the most incredible soup I've ever had and I told him he really knocked it out of the park when I "tried" it. 😜

For dinner, I made another new soup recipe - a corn chowder - which was pretty good, but I liked the one from last night better. Ironically, Maeve ate her whole bowl of it so she obviously liked it better than last night's soup. If only our opinions on food could always line up haha. 🤦 Nolan gave us quite the show at dinner time and he was also being a little hooligan while I was making dinner. He's turning into quite the character and I've got a few funny videos to show for it. 🙌 He had us all laughing for sure!

Aaaand now I'm a leaky faucet tonight, blowing my nose a ton so that's fun. 

I think that's all I got though, so here are some pics and videos. 


😍


He's trouble and so happy about it! 😂

Maeve was trying to copy this picture and I thought the face turned out too cute. 😍

Trouble tonight climbing on the end table over and over! He knew he was being a stinker and when smile and laugh when I'd catch him and tell him to get back on the couch!! 🤦😏

Adam decided to brush Rowan's hair all crazy after his bath 😂

Pray for me and my future with these 3 wild children, including this wild child in the making.... 😂😜👇

https://youtu.be/i0mgqle0GCs

https://youtu.be/7oG5LRdDgPg

Peace and blessings. ✌️







No comments:

Post a Comment