Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

March 3rd, 2021: Wacky Tacky Day

First things first, today is my oldest brother Dan's birthday. Party hard Dan! 🥳

In honor of the Dr. Seuss's book Wacky Wednesday, Maeve got to dress up wacky tacky for school today. Always a fun time! She fit the part for sure. She slept with her hair in a high pony braid so that she could take it down in the morning and have a dent and lots of crimped hair. 😂 By the end of the day though, the dent was gone and her hair actually looked super cute all crimped. Who knew! She went on and on about how wacky everything was in the book Wacky Wednesday and told me that everyone was just "laughing their heads off". 😂😂 

I feel like there isn't a whole lot worth mentioning today - it ended up being pretty busy because in addition to the normal stuff we do I also had to plan the rest of the meals for the week and then go grocery shopping with the boys before picking up Maeve. Two of the most noteworthy things that stand out to me from the day though are: 1. Nolan discovered that he can climb onto the bench by our front door and reach the light switch. I think he was pretty proud of himself to see that light turn on in our entry way. 😂🤦 and 2. Rowan didn't aim quite right while going potty this evening and straight up sprayed me in the face and neck with his pee. I literally felt some pee drip down my shirt and onto my chest. 😖🤢 So gross! 

I have a few things that have popped into my mind from past few days that I realized I forgot to write about. Those things are:
 
1. On Sunday night I told Adam that I finally finished the Book of Mormon. I got through Ether, but then end of November and December were crazy with us getting Covid, having my bro in town, and then spending a couple weeks with family for Christmas so I got behind. 🙈 When I told him I finished, he decided to test my knowledge and started asking me all these questions about the book. I got most of the questions right, so booyah. Then he switched to the Old Testament and I think I got only one of those right... someday I'll understand the Old Testament better. 

2. Why is it that when you are so proud as a parent for coming up with a genius idea that gets your child to cooperate happily, only to have it work for a few days?? The novelty wears off and then they're back to not caring at all what you want them to do. That's Rowan once again with getting dressed. So much for the timer trick, cause it doesn't work anymore. 🙄😭

3. As of late the baby hairs that stick out where my cowlick is have been driving me NUTS. I hate that it makes it look like there's a clump of hair sticking out, making my hairline look anything but smooth and straight. I was complaining to Adam about it and wondered if I could just cut them off. So he did a thing and took his electric razor to my head and buzzed them off. 😯 Kinda crazy, but it did the trick and now it looks soooo much better! I don't even care if I have to rebuzz every few days to keep up on it, it is so worth it. 🙌🙌

4. The other night I had this wacko dream where I had another baby, but instead of delivering like normal I went into labor early and had the baby in like 2 seconds at my house. Then Adam said, "we probably have to go to the hospital because they might say that you need to put the baby back inside since he/she came so early" 😂😂🤔 and I was seriously sooo distraught at the thought of that. I was just hoping and praying I wouldn't have to birth the baby again. Then I got to the hospital and all these people were like "that's YOUR baby??" and I'm all "yeah - it's actually my 4th baby. I have 3 other kids at home even though I look like I'm 16. It's fine." 😂😂😂 They were all so shocked I could even be a mother. Too funny! 

Wellll, that's a wrap. Enjoy these cute pics from the day!

😂😍

Backwards shirt for the win 👊


I could eat that little body! It's a good thing he's so cute!! 

I just can't even with him and this hedgehog. 😍😍 I'm laughing because it was literally the only stuffed animal available to buy for him for Valentines Day and he LOVES it! It was clearly meant to be. ❤️


Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment