Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

March 15th & 16th, 2021: Eenie Meenie Miney Mo & Outings galore

Yesterday was the start of a new week and I will confess I didn't have the strongest start because I chose to sleep in as long as I could instead of working out early. My excuse is it being that time of month. Working out isn't as enjoyable when you're in the thick of that so I wasn't looking forward to it as much. I still made myself do it after dropping Maeve off at school, so 2 points for me instead of 4. 😂 Luckily it was a HIIT workout so it was 30 minutes instead of an hour, which helped the morning not drag, so it all worked out. I had some crescent rolls warmed up with jam on them for breakfast and MAN were they good! It is a little bit dangerous to be able to make such top notch baked goods at home myself. Better keep myself in line so I don't gain 100 lbs. 😅

Rowan and I started a new unit, The Five Senses, for preschool. He was pretty fired up about it and followed along quite well. One of the activities was to do a taste test with different stuff like cocoa powder, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, spices, etc. to teach him taste vocabulary - sweet, salty, bitter, and sour. Which makes me think I should have included lemon juice! 🤦 Doesn't matter much anyway, because he was too afraid to try 80% of them. Not that I'm surprised. I did get Maeve to try all of them after school and I was laughing so hard when she tried the ginger like it was nothing and quickly realized it caused quite the burn. I tried everything with Rowan and my mouth was literally on fire after that one. But it went away pretty quick, so I wasn't too worried for her but it was fun to see her reaction. I had no idea it was so hot on it's own! 😳 An interesting sensation for sure. Also paprika tastes terrible on it's own - so bitter and gross. Every time she tried one she guessed what it was afterwards and got most of them right, except for obscure spices and chocolate syrup. I laughed so hard when she licked the chocolate syrup off her finger and said "BBQ sauce?" I don't think she even let herself register the taste before saying that, she just thought it looked like that. 🤦 It was pretty funny though! Far from it. 

I've realized something about Maeve and Rowan and that is that both of them don't really understand the purpose of Eenie Meenie Miney Mo. That was made clear yesterday when Rowan used it to decide where he wanted to be to do his hair (😂🤷), but then because he landed on an option he didn't actually want he figured out which option to start the chant on instead, so that he would land on the right one that he actually wanted. And then presumed to do the chant again. 🤦 Maeve has done that same thing too before, and it always confused me, but I realize now that they just like to say the chant and it has nothing to do with the fact that they can't decide which option to go with. Every time without fail they already have the option they really want picked out in their head, but just like to do the chant anyway for fun. 😂🤦 Too funny. Crazy kids! 

Another laugh of the day yesterday was when I still hadn't showered yet and didn't have very much time before we needed to leave to get Maeve, but Rowan asked me to play a game with him. I told him I really needed to shower, but maybe I could manage to play for 10 minutes. Then he said proudly, "No! How about TWO minutes!?" 😂🤔 You got it, dude. I like the way you bargain. 😉

I can't think of anything else noteworthy to share from yesterday, other than the fact that we're all slowly losing our minds over here because of the incessant whining that only gets louder if you don't immediately give him what he wants when he's in his high chair or he randomly sees someone else with food or drink that he wants. It's so over the top annoying, especially because he is the pickiest eater so meal times pretty much look like offering him a million different things, for most of them to get thrown on the floor with whining mixed in whenever his tray is empty again. UGH. Send help. Adam told me tonight he just isn't going to feed him dinner anymore. 🤦 Too bad we can't starve our 15 month old. If only we could just go that route instead. 

Today was a go, go, go kinda day. We left the house at 9:20am and aside from being home from 12:30 to 2:30pm we were otherwise gone until 4:30pm when it was time to settle back at home and make dinner. We had a well check for Nolan, did some grocery shopping, picked up Maeve from school, went to Walmart since I couldn't get something I needed at Kroger 🤦, and stopped at Smoothie King for some smoothies since Adam had rewards that were going to expire. A jam packed day for sure! Nolan cried almost his entire appointment, even from the moment we stepped foot in the room he got checked out in. He clearly knew exactly where he was, and poor boy was not a fan! He's still a tiny guy, but a healthy one, so we'll take it. I should back up though and mention that on our way to the doc, I gave myself a pat on the back, because I finally convinced Rowan to let me take the unnecessary bandaid off his forehead that had been there for a few days by telling him that if the doctor saw it, he might think something was wrong and tell him he needed a shot. 😂😂 Sometimes you just gotta lie through your teeth to get the job done, cause sure enough off that bandaid came before we went into the office. 👏

A few things that made me laugh throughout the day today are... 

~Rowan thought it would be cool to poke a hole in his styrofoam cup that his smoothie came in, which caused some smoothie to leak out all over his pants in the car. 🤦🤦🤦 So of course, when we got home, he wanted me to take his wet pants off and these particular pants have elastic at the bottom but it is not nearly stretchy enough so they're hard to get off. I was struggling and said "ugh, these are so tight" and he responded, "I think it's because the seat belt is tight" 🤔🤔 - yeah, we weren't even in the car at that point, so not sure how to explain that response.. 😂🤷

~Maeve got in the car after school and said with all the enthusiasm in the world, "I have something VERY exciting to tell you that we were DYING over -- we got to see REAL baby otters!" I of course responded with just as much enthusiasm and said "Whaaaat!? Oh my gosh! Are you serious??" to which she incorrectly replied, "Nope!" 😂 I guess she was a little confused by my question. Then I had to laugh when she further explained and said that she just watched a video about baby otters - even though she initially painted the picture that she saw them in real life in front of her face. 😂 I guess it was pretty awesome though just seeing them on a screen! Their school mascot is an otter, so that's probably a big part of why it was so exciting. 

~Tonight Rowan was flying one of his foam airplanes around and then Maeve joined in for a minute and before long they were both holding onto it at the same time and pulled a little too hard and snapped it. Rowan BURST into tears! I tried to make him feel better by reminding him that he still had 2 perfect airplanes to use and through his sobs he said, "But I wanted 3 because I'm 3!" 😂😂 Poor little boyfriend. 3 really is the magic number around here for him. 

That's about all I got, other than the fact that we've got a VERY excited Maeve going to bed tonight that cannot WAIT for St. Patrick's Day tomorrow. She makes everything 1000 times more fun because of how into it all she is!! She was also absolutely GIDDY last Thursday night knowing she was going to get school breakfast the next morning. Life is pretty dang awesome when you're 5 and in Kindergarten! 😍

I'll leave you with a few pics:

Rowan wore his pants backwards yesterday 😂👌

Still thinking that these baby seats in bathroom stalls are the best invention ever for moms. And he's a one shoe on one shoe off kinda dude. 😂😍

How you easily tote 3 kids around Walmart - boom baby! Bulky big blue carts for the win. 🙌

I was laughing that Maeve and Nolan's reactions look so similar. This is the face they made when they heard a loud sound in the parking lot and wanted to see what it was. 😂


Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment