Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Sunday, March 7, 2021

March 5th-7th, 2021: Playdates, casual dinners out, & boring adulting

Another Sunday night has rolled around and I'll be honest and say that it hasn't been the most exciting weekend - but maybe I mostly feel that way because today was full of doing all the things that just needed to get done around the house. 🤷

Friday morning we took Zoey back to the vet to follow up so the vet could make sure she was doing okay again. It took all of 5 minutes, and they told us it would be free of charge, but when we checked out we were told we did have an office visit fee to pay. Apparently if you're not signed up for a "packaged plan" with them, then you are always supposed to pay an office visit fee no matter what. Luckily though, since we were told it would be free, and I said that we would not have gone in had it not been free, they took care of it and did not charge me. 🙏 And of course, they said she was just fine after looking at her. And speaking of Zoey, something else I did on Friday was give her a very much needed haircut and bath. Had to get rid of her winter coat! That morning she apparently rolled all around in the woodchips and got tons of chips stuck in her hair that I had to pull off 🤦, so I am glad that she is all short again! She always looks like a rat at first, so I kinda have a love hate relationship with her hair being short - I like that she's clean cut and her hair is soooo soft when it is really short, but she does look a little less cute when she's so skinny and tiny looking. It won't take too long though for her to look less like a rat though, so it works out. 😂

We shook things up and had a playdate at our house with Amanda and her kids after Maeve was back home from school. We usually always go to their house, but playdates during the week are kinda hard with Nolan's nap and then picking Maeve up from school. With them living 25 minutes away, there's not a super big window of time between those 2 things to make it worth it enough to go, and since she home schools her kids are just always with her so she has a little more flexibility. It was probably a good thing to have some company though because it gave me the push to do some cleaning tasks that I had neglected for a little while. As always, it was good to hang out with them! I feel for her though because she is just having a tough year - since finding out that her other son also has Tuberous Sclerosis, he had to go get some scans and procedures done to check for abnormalities and he does have a lesion in his brain. They don't know all the details yet, but she's definitely in knots about it waiting to find out. Can't blame her one bit! So stressful and unfortunate. 🥺 

Adam actually got home early from work on Friday and stopped at Costco on his way home. He decided to get some of the sorbet we love from there that come inside of fruit and coconut peels - they're too cute and so good! That was a fun surprise. 🙌

After the kids went to bed, I made a new homemade salsa recipe I found and it is 👌👌 - and then I caved and got some crumbl cookies because the birthday cake oreo flavor was calling my name. It was so worth it! Yum. I also talked to Dan for his birthday, since he requested that I not call him the day of since he'd already been on the phone enough with some of our other family members. Always good to catch up! 

Saturday morning I took Maeve to her dance class and she still enjoyed it the second time around, so that's good! We got to order her tutu dress, tights, and ballet slippers that she will wear to class each week, so that was fun!! I am excited for her to get those. She will look too cute in it! 

For the first time in a while, Adam actually went roofing! The weather has been so wacko lately on Saturdays so he has not been able to get out. He actually went in the afternoon this time and was gone from 3-6. I was kinda bummed because Nolan would not go to sleep at 11am when he was supposed to, and instead had lunch and then fell asleep after the second attempt at 1pm. We had planned on going to the Discovery Center, but with it only open until 3:30pm and him going down so late it did not work out. Instead, I read some to the kids (we started a new chapter book and they're finally engaged to keep up with it! 🙌🙌) and then took them to the playground. There are two different sections near each other at that playground and they were making me laugh by pretending that one section was Rowan's castle and the other was Maeve's castle and they'd invite each other over to play. 😂 After Adam got home, we went to dinner at McAlister's deli - it is right by Culver's and I noticed it recently and decided to check out the menu. It looked pretty good and I found out my sister has actually eaten there before and likes it, so we took the plunge. I really liked my sandwich, but wish that I got the half salad Adam got instead of the loaded potato I got. His salad was a lot better. 🤦 Usually we both order different things so that we can try each other's, but honestly we should have both gotten that salad. But no way to know that ahead of time, so what can you do. Maeve actually did a great job eating her dinner (which had both fruits and veggies in it so score), while Rowan on the other hand basically didn't touch his. Luckily Nolan helped out and was happy to take scraps. 

Which brings us to today and other than church, it was very unexciting. I think I just made that word up. 😂 I took everything out and cleaned the shelves in the fridge, which had been on my list for longer than I'd like to admit, so that felt good to cross that one off. I also treated some stains in some clothing and got caught up on some more laundry. So yeah, a total party for others to be jealous that they didn't attend. 😂😜 Meanwhile the kids did some reading with Adam, did some pretend play, did facetime with Gram, and played outside some. 

And now for the laughs of the weekend, which ironically almost all of these happened at the kids bedtime on Saturday and it almost made me slap happy as a result 😂:

~The kids and I were putting a puzzle together to clean it up and we finished everything but the last 2 pieces, and couldn't find them. Maeve had a silly look on her face, so I knew she hid them, but what I didn't know is that she hid them in her pants. 🙈 She literally pulled them out from the front of her pants.... 🤦😂 Crazy girl!

~Rowan uses "this year" to refer to what happens in the span of a day and it totally cracks me up! While getting ready for bed, he insisted, "I've been quiet this year!" 😂 Bet you can guess if that was actually true or not. 😉

~Rowan about took my breath away when he did NOT push his penis down correctly in time and sprayed me all down my shirt and pants. And actually, I realize now that that is not funny at all, but instead very annoying and gross. 😑

~Maeve came up with a great knock knock joke:
"Knock knock" 
"Who's there?"
"Jar"
"Jar who?"
"Jar of pickles pooping" 
Her explanation was "it's funny cause pickles down have butts or a toilet so it's really weird and crazy" 😂😂

~Adam said "come give me a hug honey" and I almost fell for it until I realized that he just wanted to crack my back 🤦 

~On Friday night at bedtime, Rowan was talking about how he doesn't like the slide at the Discovery Center, and he said, "Yeah, that slide is gray and I don't like gray anymore. I just like black and brown." 😂🤔

Aaaand now for a few pics:

He was cracking me up putting my shirt around his neck like that 😂


Of course Rowan is obsessed with Maeve's new headbands... But that doesn't surprise me 😂

He told me he put his whole hand in the peanut butter jar because I left it open 🙄🤦


Peace and blessings. ✌️






No comments:

Post a Comment