Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Thursday, February 25, 2021

February 25th, 2021: The Playground is on fire

Oh boy. This morning started off with immediately finding pee AND poop upstairs on the carpet in our room and the kids room. But what I didn't see is that there were also little poop remnants in the hallway... I apparently walked right through them and got poop on my socks, which then transferred to my workout leggings. 😳🤬 Stinking Zoey! I knew this was probably the case when she was whining to get back in our bed at 6am. She clearly jumped off and did that business then. 🤦

And then there's this... we were on our way home from dropping Maeve off at school and I was listening to the Come Follow Me for us podcast and the host was mentioning some different serious sins and said the phrase "cheating on your spouse" and -- I kid you not when I say this -- Rowan lets out a laugh and mutters kinda quietly "cheating on your spouse...!" as if it was silly that was on her list of serious sins. 😳🙈 It was mortifying, bizarre, and hilarious all at the same time that he even clung onto that phrase and was listening well enough to repeat it. And heaven knows he doesn't know what cheating means or what a spouse is... I'm throwing my arms up over this one, but it was truly wacko. 🤷

This morning was also one of those mornings where all odds were against me to get a solid workout in. For starters, I decided that enough is enough and I'm not helping Rowan go potty anymore. He's done it on his own off and on lately (pulled down his own pants and made sure he was aiming in the pot), but then 75% of the time he still insists I help him do that. So 15 minutes into my workout when Rowan needed to go potty, I insisted he do it all himself, but he remained stubborn and would not, but I was also stubborn and not willing to give in and help... soooo I had to deal with the major meltdown that ensued. Whyyyyy can't that be one of the things that he insists he do by himself because he's big and independent?! Because there sure are plenty of things he's like that with that he actually does still need help with, but won't let me until he struggles for a while. I can't win!! 😭 So frustrating. I just don't want to baby him anymore since he's almost 4! Send help. Anywho, back to the point, I had that going against me and then I also had our Chromecast wigging out and disconnecting every single time I paused the workout to assist Rowan or Nolan with the millions of things they needed me to do. So I threw my hands up at the halfway point of the workout and called it quits. I still felt like I could do a quick ab workout though, so I put on one of those, BUT had to stop that halfway through too because Nolan would not stop plopping himself on top of me. 😅🤦 And that's when I had to laugh and say to myself "oh well, I tried" and at least did my body some good. 

So ya know, the morning may have been a little shaky and annoying, but I did manage to get a lot of cleaning and laundry done upstairs today while Nolan was napping (and he took a nice long nap for once!! 🙌🙏), which felt great so I was feeling like a million bucks after I got that done and got all showered up. Rowan was not a happy camper as I was going into the shower because he really wanted me to go back downstairs with him, but I told him I would be so fast and he said "oh because the water is fast??" Yep, you got it dude, whatever you say! 😂

After I buckled Rowan into his seat to go pick up Maeve, he said with remorse in his voice, "I should have run, done cool moves, and jumped into my seat! But I can't. I can't do cool moves. It would hurt myself. That would be a disaster!" 😂😂 This kid kills me sometimes. Such well thought out sentences. 👏

After school today, Maeve was SO hoping to play with our neighbor Ivy and hung out outside for a while in hopes that she would come around, but it didn't happen. She claims she said she was going to come by our house, but who knows. 🤷 I knew I needed to re-make all the beds since I washed the sheets so to try and drum up some excitement, I said, "Who wants to go upstairs and help me make all the beds again!?!" Rowan came right in with a resounding "me!", but I got nothing from Maeve. I asked again, "Maeve!? What about you??" and she said, "...I'm not interested" 😂🤦 Who is this girl and since when does she use the word interested?! I had to laugh at that response. Don't worry though, she still followed us upstairs when she realized she had nothing better to do. Before long, her and Rowan were having a party playing underneath their beds. They only wanted to kill each other a couple of times, but no visible injuries resulted so that's a plus. 

The awesome news of the day is that Adam got promoted at work today! 🙌🙏 Exciting day for him, for sure!! I think a lot of good things are in store for him right now and I couldn't be happier for him about that. This is the first time he's really in the groove with his job and loving what he's doing since we've been married really. I'm sure it's a great feeling for him!! So grateful that he gave anxiety meds a chance about a year ago. I'm sure that's a big contributor now that he's less in his head! 👏🙏 

As for the rest of the evening, the kids were really cracking us up tonight. Here's a few good laughs we got: 

~We were asking Maeve if she likes any boys in her class and she said there are 2 - she likes Spencer because he plays with her friend Sarah and she likes Ben because he knows our neighbor Ivy. Ivy is in 1st grade though so I asked her how she knows that they know each other and we got a really confusing answer that basically came down to something about Ivy having a baseball statue of a boy that looked like Ben, so therefore they are friends...!? Adam and I were totally laughing because nothing was adding up or making any sense. Who knows what any of it really means, but I wish I could figure it out! 

~The kids both insisted only I help them get in jammies because they "only love me" -- but then Maeve retracted and said, "Well, I love Daddy too because he makes good smoothies and is tall and can reach high stuff" 😂🤦 Some solid reasons, for sure. I know Adam felt great about himself hearing those reasons. 😜

~Maeve and Rowan spent some time drawing on their electronic tablets before going up to bed tonight. Rowan drew this picture of himself. 👇

He pointed to the circled part on his face and said, "it's dripping because it's snot. No! It's water." 😂🤔 and then he drew the other circled part, pointed to it, and said, "That's my butt. No! My penis." 😂😳 Crazy kid. Then he drew a picture of a playground with a sign next to it and said, "This is a playground with a sign next to it that says 'Don't go in' because the playground is on fire." 😳🤣 Then he drew a second picture of a playground with a sign next to it and said, "This is a playground with a sign next to it that says 'Don't go in' because the playground is broken." 🤔🤣 and THEN he drew a third picture of playground with a sign next to it and said, "This is a playground with a sign next to it that says 'It's open' and there's a dance party!" Phew, I'm glad there was a happy ending there. Gotta love that little boy's imagination!

That's it from today's update, but I realized today that I forgot to share a few funny/cute things from yesterday. They are:

~While at the grocery store yesterday Rowan found a hot wheels car that he really wanted to buy. I had told him that if he was good while we were at the store that he could have ice cream when we got home, so then I bargained with him and told him he could have that car if he wanted in place of the ice cream. He liked that idea so we bought the car and when we got home as he was getting out of the car, with his car in his hand and some giddy excitement, he said, "I gotta show Daddy! It's so surprising!" 😂 - which really meant, he'll be surprised. 

~Normally every time we play with Rowan's wind up race car book, I use the red car and he uses the yellow car. Yesterday though, he decided that he didn't like the yellow car anymore because even though he likes lemonade, which is yellow, he does not like that the sun is too bright sometimes, and it's also yellow. So with that logic, he switched to the red car. 😂🤷 Impeccable reasoning. 👌

~Rowan has been putting up a BIG fight with getting dressed lately, but the other day when I was getting zero compliance yet again, I said "Oh! I know!! Let's set a timer and see if you can race and get dressed before the timer goes off!" BEST IDEA I've ever had - he immediately went for it and was all smiles and giggles hurrying to get those clothes on. 😍 It has worked every time since then and he is always SO proud to finish before the timer goes off. It is quite possibly the cutest thing ever. 

Well, that's a wrap! Here are a few cute pictures I got today of Nolan. He might not be walking yet, but he sure is a troublemaker! Usually he destroys as he goes. 😂 He has also outsmarted Zoey's dog food house because now he can move it away from the wall himself. So much for that. 🤦 He's lucky he's cute!

 


He escaped a diaper change 😂🤦

Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment