Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

February 23rd, 2021: I'm just hungry for it

I had the worst night's sleep last night and was very much asleep off and on for what felt like 20 minutes at a time all night. Somehow I willed myself to workout still and make pancakes for breakfast, but once Nolan was settled down for a nap I most definitely put on some educational shows for Rowan and took drifted off to sleep for a couple of hours on the couch. I just had to! I was fading quickly while sitting at the kitchen table after eating breakfast and after about the 30th time Rowan was still insisting I wind up my little race car so our cars could race around the tracks in his racecar book. Something had to give cause my eyes could not stay open. 😴

Eventually I willed myself off the couch and we ate a late lunch and got dressed to go pick up Maeve from school. The weather was SO nice today that I insisted that we all go for a walk around the neighborhood after getting settled in at home. Maeve chose to ride her bike which I was happy about because it's like pulling teeth to get her to choose it. But I swear, that girl is never going to learn how to ride a bike. She is still so over the top cautious and slow even with the training wheels on. I wish the neighborhoods around here were more flat so she could get some better consistent practice and not be afraid of it. At least she got on it though. A couple neighborhood kids saw us leaving and came with us and then we also stopped at Bella's house and asked her if she wanted to come out and play so she rode with us back to our house. She on the other hand is only a few months older than Maeve and is riding like a pro without training wheels. 🀦 Granted she is the youngest in her family with older sisters to keep up with so I know that changes things. Maybe she will be good inspiration for Maeve. 🀞 Back at our house, the kids drew some hopskotch courses with chalk and did hopskotch for a little bit before coming inside to play until dinner time. 

And now here I am, back from youth activities. It was combined YM/YW and they all played volleyball. Which reminded me of the few times I've ever played it and how bad it hurt my arms. Not really my thing. 

A few laughs of today/past days that I realized I never wrote down: 

~One of Rowan's Christmas presents was Osmo games, which is like a set of special interactive educational games that go with his tablet and they are seriously so cool and fun. I thought he would be obsessed and want to do it all the time. For the first few weeks he did do it most days and then after that he has now been showing zero interest and never wants to do it. I asked him today why he doesn't like to do it anymore and he said, "I did it for too long one day" to which I responded, "Oh, so did you just get sick of it?" and he said, "No I didn't. I just get hungry for it." πŸ˜‚πŸ€” Haha, I literally have no idea what he meant by that, but I'm pretty sure it is in fact that he just got sick of it and he doesn't understand what that phrase means. 

~I forgot something funny from last night, which was at bedtime when Maeve showed us how she lays with our shirts in her bed (she has been sleeping with a shirt of each of ours for long time because it's her way of having us with her so she doesn't miss us too much while she's sleeping... πŸ˜‚πŸ₯°). She said "I take Nolan's sleeper and I wrap it up in your shirt Mommy, like he's in your belly. And then I wrap Mommy's up in Daddy's and it becomes like a nice pad and I lay my head on top of it and snuggle with it." πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ She is too much! 

~While Rowan was pooping today and pushing kinda hard for it to come out, I remembered how so many times recently when he's having to work hard to get it out, he says, "I eat a lot but it's still hard [to poop]!" πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆ ... as if he thinks that just eating more food is what will make it easier for him to poop. Too funny. 

Well, that's about all I got for today. Enjoy these pics of Rowan that I took during my work out. He was cracking me up. And now you can see for yourself how ripped the girl is that posts these work outs! 🀯The good news is Adam has been telling me he thinks my muscles are getting more defined everyday. πŸ™Œ I am basically always sore so things must be changing! I definitely know my ab muscles are getting stronger because I can do the ab hold for twice as long now without a break, so I'm happy about that! 


πŸ˜‚ He's my favorite. 


Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment