Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Monday, February 22, 2021

February 22nd, 2021: I'm gonna poop on you

The kids played so well together this morning in their room for so long that I almost had to pinch myself to make sure it was real life. They would have stayed up there if I hadn't told Maeve she needed to come down and do her school work on the computer. She literally said "Mom, can I play just a little bit longer??" when I asked her to come downstairs. They just love being in their own little world together now I guess, and it's pretty awesome. So our morning was pretty great cause I got to enjoy the quiet while I did my work out and scripture study. πŸ™Œ

After Nolan's nap and lunch we headed over to the Pylants' house for a playdate. Always a fun time! When we showed up Nolan immediately glued himself to me and I'm not sure if it's because the last time we went to their house it was to drop the kids off for a date. Maybe he thought I was going to leave him again - either way, I was happy to have some serious snuggles for a good few minutes. πŸ₯°Another friend Sarah was there too with some of her kids for a portion of the time I was there so it was fun to chat with her as well. 

I started making mushroom burgers for dinner when we got home before I realized we were out of Worcestershire sauce, which is a pretty key ingredient. Adam decided to wing it and throw in a bunch of other random stuff to make up for it and I was pretty skeptical since it was missing the main ingredient that gives it good flavor. He joked and said, "I'm the main ingredient" to which Maeve responded matter of factly "No you're not Daddy, you're too big!! You can't fit in a burger! You'd have to stand up in it and then it'd be really tall..." πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚Love her and her two cents. 

Rowan was a hoot to put to bed tonight. When I was trying to convince him it was time to put his pull up on, he said, "No because I'm gonna poop on you" 😳 - um, no thank you, I will pass on that. Ha and then he insisted that a jammie top didn't go with a certain jammie bottom even though they most certainly did match, so he picked a different top instead. I put on the jammie bottom that was already out and when he realized I put that one on, he said "Nooo Mommy, I wanted to put on the pants that go with the other top I picked out instead" 🀦 - I tried to convince him it was silly to take the pants back off since he'd already put them on, but to no avail. He ended up picking basketball shorts instead and then told me those were actually what went with the initial jammie top, not the other pants. He said, "you oopsied picked the wrong pants..." πŸ˜‚πŸ€¦ Crazy kid! Ya never know what you're gonna get with him. 

I was listening to a podcast episode on my way to Amanda's house that shared this quote from Elder Holland and I thought it was so insightful. I think many might misinterpret the scripture in Moroni 7 about charity to mean that if we don't always show perfect charity, we are nothing. But he clarifies that it really means that without Christ, we are nothing, since Christ is the only one to ever show true charity at all times. Love that distinction and love his words below! πŸ‘‡

“The greater definition of ‘the pure love of Christ,’ however, is not what we as Christians try but largely fail to demonstrate toward others but rather what Christ totally succeeded in demonstrating toward us. True charity has been known only once. It is shown perfectly and purely in Christ’s unfailing, ultimate, and atoning love for us. It is Christ’s love for us that ‘suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not.’ It is his love for us that is not ‘puffed up … , not easily provoked, thinketh no evil.’ It is Christ’s love for us that ‘beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.’ It is as demonstrated in Christ that ‘charity never faileth.’ It is that charity—his pure love for us—without which we would be nothing, hopeless, of all men and women most miserable. Truly, those found possessed of the blessings of his love at the last day—the Atonement, the Resurrection, eternal life, eternal promise—surely it shall be well with them. 

“This does not in any way minimize the commandment that we are to try to acquire this kind of love for one another. … We should try to be more constant and unfailing, more longsuffering and kind, less envious and puffed up in our relationships with others. As Christ lived so should we live, and as Christ loved so should we love. But the ‘pure love of Christ’ Mormon spoke of is precisely that—Christ’s love. With that divine gift, that redeeming bestowal, we have everything; without it we have nothing and ultimately are nothing, except in the end ‘devils [and] angels to a devil'" - Jeffrey R. Holland 

Now that the kids are settled in bed and I'm back from a quick trip to the store to pick up a few things it's time to relax and probably watch a show. So I'm gonna say peace out now and leave you with this cute pic of Nolan just laying on the floor. He loves to just lean back and stretch out sometimes and it makes me laugh. 😍 Oh and also this pic of my kitchen sink last night after I finished the dishes. I consider it a skill that I was able to pile them so high without falling over. I do whatever I can to avoid drying dishes by hand, that's what the drying rack and air are for after all, right? πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆ



Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment