Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

February 24th, 2021: Are you checking for bugs?

Adam worked from home today, so I almost thought I was off the hook having to wake up the boys to put them in the car to take Maeve to school UNTIL he reminded me he had an appt. at 7:30am to see a Chiropractor. 🙄 Laaame. That's a major plus side of when he normally works from home - that I can leave the boys in their beds and let them wake up when they want to. It's SO nice, but didn't quite work out this time and Rowan was quite the cranky boy being dragged out to the car last minute. He kept muttering "I'm tired! I'm tired!" through his tears. Poor little boyfriend. Luckily most other days when he has a few minutes to regain consciousness and get out of his bed himself he is fine and happy to be awake and get in the car. 

Anywho, after my workout this morning the boys were very much wanting my attention so I skipped my scripture study to play with them some - sometimes it's just good better and best and I've gotta alter the course as I go. So today it was doing wind up car races for the 100th time with Rowan, reading a few books to Nolan, and then letting both of them climb all over me on the floor at the same time. As it always is, it was nice to slow down and just be in their little world for a little bit with no distractions. I'm grateful everyday I can be at home with them and just be all eyes and ears when I know they need me or just really want my undivided attention. 🥰

Before I put Nolan down for a nap, I planned out dinners for the rest of the week and made a grocery list. Then I plopped him in bed with the hope of taking a quick shower and heading to the store without him while he slept - another perk of Adam being at home - but his nap was way too short and it didn't happen that way. 🤦 So I fed both boys lunch, did some tidying up while they ate, and then we grocery shopped and headed straight to get Maeve on our way home. Due to covid, I have been hauling Nolan into stores in his car seat all these months instead of letting him sit in the front of the cart, just so he couldn't touch the nasty cart. But today, I actually thought about it and realized I could just wipe down the cart with the sanitizing wipes they provide before sitting him in there. Now I'm kicking myself I didn't start doing that months ago. 🤦 Almost 15 months old and Nolan got to sit in the front of a cart today for his very first time. He loved it and was cute as a button sitting there. And it was glorious for me to ditch the car seat that weighs a ton of bricks with him in it! 🙌🙌 Rowan gave me a good laugh while we were shopping - I was examining the apples before I picked them to make sure I got good ones without bruises and he asked, "Are you just checking for bugs?" 😂😳 No, no I am not little buddy. I don't think I would buy apples if I had to check for bugs before taking them. 😂

Ivy and Roman came around to play after we got back from the school and I was putting away the groceries. They seem like sweet kids and love seeing our dog and little Nolan. Maeve and Rowan played outside for a little bit with them in the GLORIOUS weather, might I add. It was SO nice today, literally 74 degrees, which is insane considering last week it was 20-30 degrees and snowy/icy the whole week. We're going from one extreme to the other, but I sure do love the nice weather that brings the kids outside to play. Maeve went over to Bella's house at 4 and then at 5 they both wanted to come back over here and play until dinner time. 😂 Just playing musical houses, cause why not!? 🤷

We had some tasty black bean tacos for dinner, which I've made a couple times before and kinda forgot about, but they're so good. You top the black beans mixture with this marinated lime corn salad and avocado and it is 👌👌. It was bath night for the kids and now they're settled in bed and here we are. 

Before I sign off, I just have to also say that seeing Rowan in a helmet is one of the cutest sights. He is going to be 4 in 4 months and for some reason that does not seem possible. He still seems so small and his raspy voice is still so little sounding. I am not complaining about that one bit though! Gotta hold onto those little voices for as long as I can. 😍

Also also, not only did Adam get me a stand mixer for Valentines day, but he got an attachment for it that you can make homemade ice cream in. 😮😮 It just came today. His boss has a caramel custard recipe and we will certainly be trying it out this weekend. 🙌

Until next time, feast your eyes on these cute pics of the boys at the store today. 👇

Overjoyed to be holding the garlic 😂😍

Always watching his silly older brother 😊

Rowan discovered a more fun way to ride the car cart 🤣

Of course Rowan is being a total goober in the background when Nolan nails his smile. 🤦😂

Aaaand there's another way to ride along too 🤦

Trouble! Had to load up on Kix cause they were majorly on sale. 😂

His little feet underneath him in that position were killing me 😂😍- he got some extra admirers in the check out line while sitting like this! 


Peace and blessings. ✌️




No comments:

Post a Comment