Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Thursday, February 18, 2021

February 18th, 2021: A Winter Wonderland

Today was pretty magical because it snowed so much last night that we woke up to 5.5 inches of snow! It's been a long time since we've seen that much snow somewhere we actually live, so it was pretty crazy awesome!! πŸ™Œ The day also started off magical in more ways than one because Nolan was the first one to wake up and that wasn't until 8:45am. 🀯 Say whaaaat!? I'm pretty sure the kids were still asleep then too because it was very quiet in their room, but they did wake up a few minutes after him. I have no idea why that even happened, but the extra sleep was awesome. To make it even more awesome, the kids stayed in their own room playing until 11am. They did not even come downstairs for breakfast! 😲 It kinda felt like I was living in an alternate universe - lots of snow outside, kids sleeping in way late AND playing happily on their own in their room for a little over 2 hours!?! I must be living right. πŸ˜‚ Nolan kept me company during my workout though and luckily didn't get in my way until the last 10 minutes when he just insisted on sitting on my stomach while I was trying to lift some pretty heavy weights while laying down. Not the best combination, but I usually humor him for a little bit because he always gives me the biggest grins while he sits there. 😍Before long though he was back in his high chair playing with a straw so that I could finish. 

Soon after finishing my work out, eating breakfast, and doing a little bit scripture study I got Nolan all bundled up to take him out in the snow to see if he might like it a little bit more now. I plopped him down and he was not a happy camper. πŸ˜‚ So I held him for a little bit just taking it all in and throwing a few snowballs. I figured getting him out there would get the other kids interested in joining us and sure enough, before long they asked me to get their snow clothes on them. Jackpot! We all had fun in our little winter wonderland for a bit throwing snowballs, making snow angels, falling face first in the snow for fun, and even eating some snow. Rowan declared it proudly every time he took a bite of snow. πŸ˜‚ I will never get enough of him in his snow hat that he loves putting on by himself. Too cute for words. He also was so very excited about putting his mittens on correctly and actually getting his thumbs in the thumb spot. It's the little things for 3 year olds! πŸ₯°

Adam stopped working at 3:30pm and suggested we go sledding, which I was all for, except for the fact that we don't have a sled. But then he said "you don't need a sled, all you need is a cookie sheet" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, so there you have it. We searched high and low for our snow pants that we never did find before going to CT, but I know they are in our attic somewhere. We didn't find them, BUT while searching we did find the little bag I could never find when we moved in that has all the baby ties/bow ties and suspenders in it!! πŸ˜²πŸ™Œ I could not believe my eyes and was SO excited to have that back in my hands over 2 years later. It is sad though because inside the bag there was a tiny Christmas baby tie that Nolan could have worn for the last two Christmases if I had had access to it. πŸ™„ What a bummer. Another bummer is that I also knocked my head really good with the ladder stairs when I was trying to put them back up one handed while holding Nolan. Just a word to the wise, you cannot really do that easily with one hand and I had to learn that the hard way. Now I have a headache and a bump on the side of my head that does not feel so good. 🀦

We found a hill for sledding that was apparently a popular spot, but it's a good thing we were around other people because the cookie sheet was not working out so well and some people next to us felt bad and offered us a sled since they had a few with them. So nice of them and totally saved us! The kids loved it and we earned even more points when we picked up dinner for them at Burger King on the way home. Adam and I remained strong and decided to have healthy food at home instead, so go us. I usually put on 10 lbs after I stop nursing and so now I need to be a little more careful with how often I consume treats and other junk. If only I could have the benefits of nursing forever without actually having a baby tied to me. 😏

We discovered tonight that Nolan is smart enough to open our baby gate now when it isn't locked. The little stinker! Time to start locking it again. He also zooms up the stairs now whenever the gate does get left open. Nothing but trouble! He had us laughing this evening when he pulled a box of cereal out of the pantry and then sat on it. πŸ˜‚ And another good laugh when he was over by a toy bin just whipping one toy out after another as if the only fun is in emptying out the bin haha. 

Some other laughs of the day include:

~While I was eating a poptart (Adam is trying to kill us both - he saw salted caramel pretzel poptarts at the store yesterday and just had to try them. They always get you that way!), out of nowhere Rowan looked at me and very seriously asked me, "Do you have no teeth?" πŸ€”πŸ˜‚ - I have no idea why considering the fact that I was literally in the middle of chewing, but it made me laugh. 

~It's very clear that Adam is Zoey's favorite and tonight Maeve said to him, "I think Zoey is your favorite because we got her from your parents instead of Mommy's parents." but then she motioned to me and said, "but it's okay Mommy, because you have baby Nolan", πŸ˜‚ but ironically he also heavily prefers Adam over me. I just do the dirty work around here and receive no love in return. It's fine. I'm fine. 😏

~I got some new face mask stuff with my Christmas money and a few times now I have put it on in my bathroom while Maeve is getting settled into bed. Tonight while I was laying in bed with her she said, "Why haven't you been doing your face mask??" and I admitted I had been slacking and needed to do it. She was quite proud of herself to have reminded me and it made me smile. I guess that's more cute than funny, but whatever. Gotta love that my 5 year old can keep me on track!

~Rowan loves watching Maeve do her math and reading school work on the computer and tonight he knew how to do what she was doing and really wanted to do all matching that had to do with the number 3, because - duh! - he's 3. πŸ˜‚ His love for the number 3 is out of this world simply because that's how old he is. Anytime we're doing anything where the number 3 or 5 is involved, Rowan always claims 3 and Maeve claims 5 and there's a whole lot of excitement surrounding it. It's only natural. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

~I forgot to share this yesterday, but Adam was wearing some sweatpants and a non-hooded black sweatshirt that has a red and green picture of the top of a suit with a tie in the middle. It's meant to be an ugly Christmas sweater, so it's REAL classy. He asked me if he should wear that to Walmart instead of changing and I said, "Yeah, if you want to end up in one of those people of Walmart videos" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ - he got a good kick out of that response. And then he - you guessed it - changed his clothes. πŸ˜‰ 

~Rowan has been rocking backwards shirts more these days now that he is dressing himself more often. I had to laugh when I looked over and saw him with his backward shirt, Maeve's beanie on his head with a headband over top the beanie, and a long necklace around his neck. And walking around like it was nothing. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 3 year olds are the best! 

I think that's a wrap, so here's some pictures of us enjoying our winter wonderland today!


Notice Rowan ready to nail Maeve πŸ˜‚

πŸ˜‚ He's too much πŸ‘†πŸ‘‡



Cutest little marshmallow 😍

I give him an A+ for effort considering he did everything in his power to figure out how to eat with these gloves on instead of just taking them off πŸ˜‚πŸ‘†πŸ‘‡

Gotta love the pretzel stuck to his hat in front of his mouth πŸ˜‚


Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment