Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Sunday, February 21, 2021

February 19th - 21st, 2021: Dog breath, Culver's, & Feeding the missionaries

The weekend is coming to a close, but is it really? Kinda doesn't feel like it, considering school was out all last week and is STILL out tomorrow. All the days kinda feel the same. Adam will be ditching us and going back into the office tomorrow though, which really just means more freedom for the kids to be wild and crazy and for me to do stuff in our bedroom when I please (his desk is in our bedroom so when he works from home it's pretty much off limits). Anyway, let's talk about the weekeeend. 

Friday morning I woke up and started putting on my workout clothes, only for Adam to say "don't forget about your doctor's appt", which I had totally forgotten about even though it was on my mind the night before. Mom brain is a real thing and I guess that means I should have had another reminder go off that morning. 🤦 Luckily Adam saved the day and I swapped my workout for a shower. So off I went to drive on the snowy roads to go to my annual appt. at with my OB. Luckily there were only a couple dicey spots and all went well driving slow during those parts. I got back and the kids were in the middle of putting on a show for my Mom on facetime, so I still managed to get a workout in once I was home and it worked out well since it was only a 30 minute one for that day. Most of the time they're an hour long and that would have been a bit much. 

I did find out on my way home that my friend Amanda was at the doctor because she thought she had a ruptured cyst on one of her ovaries. She spent 8 hours at the doctor figuring it all out and after some ultrasounds and a CT scan she found out it was actually an infection in her colon. Poor girl!! She just can't catch a break. I offered to help her in a million different ways, but she didn't take me up on any of it. 🤷 We had planned on watching their kids on Saturday so that they could go on their Valentines date, but considering the circumstances, that didn't end up happening. 

Adam stopped working at 2pm on Friday and then went out to try and buy some better more waterproof gloves for the kids and a sled. He came back with gardening gloves and an inflatable mattress, so uh, I guess that's what you get in Tennessee. 🤦🤷 Then we all went outside and built a snowman that looked like Olaf. The kids helped some, but it was mostly Adam. I did my part my providing the supplies for his face and buttons, so A+ for me. I learned recently that Adam is more of a snowball fight, snowman building kinda guy and I'm more of a sledding kinda girl. So luckily it works out for us for him to take the reins on the building. 👏 

After he finished his work of art - it really did look pretty legit - we thought about going to Culver's for dinner. We attempted to go on Thursday after sledding, but it was closed. Since it was on our minds, we figured we'd try again. Still closed! The one in Franklin wasn't and the kids were BEGGING to go to that one, but driving 30 minutes for Culver's seemed a little crazy so we ended up just making dinner and eating in. I made this sweet potato bruschetta that was actually pretty good! A different take on it, but I enjoyed it. 

Lately I've been letting Zoey lay in bed with Maeve while she's falling asleep and she loves our bed so much that she will stay there for a while, which is so cute. Maeve cracked me up when I was putting her to bed because Zoey was licking the crap out of her face and she said, "Zoey's breath smells like basil" 😂🤔 - basil was in our dinner, but she didn't get any of it, so who knows - maybe the smell of basil was just in the air haha. So random. After the kids were asleep, I did some jump roping while watching The Good Doctor while Adam was out getting something at the store. He took so long that I was about ready to call a friend and get them to go search for his car on the side of the road, but luckily he showed up before I pulled the trigger. We ended the night by pulling out the Couples Game again, so go us for not being boring. 👊

Saturday morning (yesterday) I got Maeve ready thinking I was going to take her to her Musical Theater dance class trial round 2, but they ended up being closed. So that didn't happen, but what DID happen is Culver's was finally open yesterday, but only until 4pm so we ended up going out for lunch. It hit the spot like it always does and Maeve even impressed me by eating ALL her food (she has a newfound love for hamburgers) and adding M&Ms to her custard instead of just eating it plain. The girl is growing up. I'm so proud. Never thought I'd be proud of my kids for adding more sugar on top of sugar 😂, but sometimes you just gotta expand your horizons and learn that custard is always better with toppings mixed into it. Am I right or am I right? 😂

We also had fun on Saturday pulling out the Science Experiments book that I got Maeve for Christmas and we did a few fun experiments. We learned that salt will make string stick to ice cubes because it changes the melting point of the ice temporarily and then it refreezes to it. We also learned that a balloon will pop when held over a lit candle, but it will NOT pop when you put cold water inside of it because it keeps the balloon cool enough. Pretty cool stuff! We also did another one that involved a pitcher of water, an orange, a postcard, and a paper towel tube that is not worth explaining, but we learned some facts about motion from that one. The kids also played outside on our back patio where the snow was still untouched and experienced sliding down their little slide when it's all covered in snow and there's a pile of a snow at the bottom. It was pretty anticlimactic because they're getting way too big for that tiny slide, but luckily the novelty still made it kinda fun for them. If Nolan liked snow at all, he would have been all over it! I'm sure he will be going down that slide on repeat this summer. 

It was smoothies all around for dinner after our heavy lunch, but unfortunately that made Adam and I snacky by the time the kids were in bed and we were relaxing. We caved and decided to get cheesy bread from Domino's and eat that while we finished the 3rd movie in the To All the Boys I've Loved series - the devil made us do it. 🤣😳 And we washed that down with some sour candy cause you know, in Adam's words "we need(ed) to get rid of it so it's not a temptation anymore" 🤦. We'll just chalk it up as a bad day as far as food intake is concerned and say tomorrow's a new day. 😏 The kids said a lot of funny things yesterday so here were our laughs of the day:

~While at Culver's Maeve was talking about how Chick-fil-a doesn't have burgers and she said, "cause you know... chick-fil-a!" I responded, "Yep, like chicken" and she said, "Yeah! ... Get it??" 😂👌

~We stopped at Walmart on our way home from Culver's to pick up a few groceries, but on the way there Rowan needed to go potty so we stopped at a gas station and I took him in. While on the pot he was looking at how there were multiple rolls of toilet paper hanging up and he said, "I think there are so many rolls of toilet paper in case someone has to go a lot of poop"! 😂😳

~I was taking care of the flower arrangements Adam got us for Valentines day and Rowan was watching me and after I was finished he noticed a flower that was pretty wilted and he said "I think we need to get rid of this flower too because it's wacky Mom!" 😂 I told him that the fact that I added more water and food and trimmed it might make it liven back up. 

~While Maeve and I were in Walmart, Adam was in Home Depot with the boys and Rowan needed to go potty again. This time while he was in there examining the toilet paper holders (again 😂) he saw the ridges on the bottom of the holder and said, "I think those are there so you can rip it off easier" - so surprising and pretty impressive that he would pick up on that that little detail and draw that conclusion. 👏👌

~At night when I told the kids they could have their screen time, Rowan decided he wanted to just watch Maeve's tablet with her instead of get his own out so he told me, "I'm gonna watch Maeve's screen time Mom, I don't need mine" 😂

~Rowan has a pretty bad rash under his lips right now, but he tries to avoid us putting medicine on it at all costs, so when I said I needed to put some on before he went to bed, he said "No, it's late" (which it wasn't) but I said, "Oh, it is?" and he said, "Yeah... if we put it on, then it will be daytime! Ahhh!" Apparently it feels like eternity to him when we apply the creams. 🤦😂 Despite his attempts to evade putting the medicine on, I told him it had to be done and that he could pick who put it on - himself, Maeve, Mommy, or Daddy. He was thinking about who would be the best one to pick and it was taking him a while, so Maeve chimed in and said "Someone has to be the best, so... I will!" 😂🤷

~Rowan usually fights getting dressed or changing into jammies at all costs, but make it a race and he is completely overjoyed to do it. He was literally all smiles and giggles racing Maeve to see who could get their jammies on faster that night! 🥰 

~Every single night it is routine for me to scratch bellies and backs of Maeve and Rowan. Lately though, while I'm doing it, Rowan has started to direct me to spots that I'm missing or that especially itch. It goes a lot like, "Here!... now here! ..... now here!" and then sometimes he even throws in a spot on his leg. The little stink! I get a good kick out of it. 😂

Today church was cancelled because of the roads. I guess some are still a little dicey in neighborhoods. So we at least still took the Sacrament and the kids watched the Friend to Friend Broadcast from yesterday. Maeve was a fan and Rowan said he liked it "a little bit" - honestly, for me, a lot of the day was spent in the kitchen. I mopped and once it was dry in there again I got going on food prep since we had to feed the missionaries tonight. They didn't get to eat with us, but they came to pick up the food. I decided to make some homemade rolls using the melonpan recipe we love, but only making the main dough part and shaping those into normal rolls. Turns out they make really awesome dinner rolls when the cookie crust is not around them!! I also made some cheese tortellini meatball soup and a fruit salad. Of course we all ate that as well and it was delish. While I was doing some of the prepping Adam took Maeve and Rowan to a playground to get out some energy. Other than that, we had a zoom call with my family tonight to catch up with everyone and that's about it. 

Our two laughs of the day today were the following:

~Rowan saw a tie he didn't recognize in his drawer and said, "I think Daddy got this for his birthday and didn't like it and was like 'nah!' and threw it in my drawer" 😂😂 (I was not in the room when he said that, but Maeve was and she thought it was funny so she told me about it afterwards. Love her for it!)

~This morning Rowan told me he wanted Chex cereal and lemonade for breakfast. After saying that, he asked me if I was going to work out. I said no and then he said, "Oh... then I want Cheerios and no lemonade" 😂🤔 ... I have no idea why my choice to work out or not has anything to do with what he's in the mood to eat, but whatever! Cheerios it was. 

Well that's a wrap on our weekend! Here's a few pics:



Had to zoom in on this face 😂😂

All he needs is a cup with a straw for his dreams to come true 😍

Oh my gosh, his little head poking out is toooo much. Daddy's boy through and through! 😍😍


Peace and blessings. ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment