Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Friday, April 27, 2018

Almost 30

My birthday was almost a month ago. It was actually my golden birthday - turned 29 on the 29th. Ironically, Adam and I both had our golden birthdays this year. Anyway, despite being in denial that I am almost 30 (which is how I will now be referring to my age), it shaped up to be a pretty great day.

Adam was able to take the day off work so he let me sleep in and he dealt with the kids when they woke up and also made me some fancy peanut butter waffles with a peanut butter chocolate sauce to go on top. Basically every birthday I've had the last few years I have every form of the chocolate/peanut butter combo that there is throughout the day. Can't go wrong there! We relaxed for a bit and then got ready for the day. While I was doing make up I heard Adam playing the birthday song on his guitar trying to teach Maeve how to sing it. I could hear her saying every so often "3, 2, 1 go!" - that little girl makes me smile! She got a little shy for the performance, which was cute and I loved their little performance!


After Rowan's morning nap we went to Bargain Hunt. I scored some good shoes for Rowan to grow into and a pair of flats for myself as well! I decided bowling would be fun since Maeve hasn't really gotten a chance to do it yet - so we did that next! We had the place mostly to ourselves for a while so it was fun!! The kids loved it and we've got the proof. I couldn't decide if flash or no flash was better based on the bad lighting of the place which is why I switched back and forth between the 2 in these pics.

Love my cuties, including the tall one

Look at that perfect baby skin! His face and coloring couldn't be anymore perfect, am I right?! 

Love her scrunchy smile. The pics I get with my kids make me look even better - their cuteness goes a long way 😂

We took turns helping her bowl 

Killin me how massive the ball looks next to her 😂

Her in all her glory after she got a strike! She was VERY excited 😍

My boys 😍😍😍 - Rowan got a few turns pushing the ball and even he loved it! 

Lookin fine on Daddy's shoulders

After bowling, we went out to dinner at O'Charley's - nostalgic for me since I used to go there somewhat often with my fam back when we lived in North Carolina and when we'd visit Tennessee. I was alllllways obsessed with their rolls (gimme a good roll - or 6 🙈 - with my good and I'm happy) and man, they were just as good as I remember. Luckily my meal was also quite tasty so I left satisfied with my choice!

Maeve is getting better and better at being picture ready and smiling without being told to 🙌🙌
With our bellies full, we went home and put the kids in bed. I talked to a few family members and Adam worked on my cake (more like a pie) - a little elaborate so it had to be done in segments and we ended up having it the next night! After I got off the phone, we pulled out some Raspberry coke and watched Jumanji. I fell asleep halfway through as per usual, but finished it the next day. It was pretty funny! We both liked it.

The next night the birthday pie did not disappoint! It was a peanut butter oreo crust with a layer of soy vanilla ice cream mixed with peanut butter to make a peanut butter ice cream, then a Brownie layer, and topped with cream cheese frosting mixed with peanut butter to make a peanut butter frosting! He put peanut butter oreos around the edge too. It was a chocolate peanut butter vegan dream!! I just love this video Adam took while they sang Happy Birthday - don't mind that Rowan almost burned his hand off! 😂🙈


It was a birthday for the books and the celebration ended last week when I got my birthday present of going to FINALLY see Wicked. When I found out it was coming to Nashville, I knew we had to finally go and as a birthday present was a perfect way to do it. It was so great!!! The vocals were incredible and I got nostalgic and emotional since I performed Defying Gravity back in high school - it was unreal to finally see it all performed instead of just listening to the songs!! The story was cute too. It was the perfect night out just the two of us!!



I might be almost 30, but I'm still 29 and feelin fine! 🤗

No comments:

Post a Comment