Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

10 months of pure sweetness

This little nugget is 10 months old as of a week ago!


I am in serious denial that we only have 2 more months until he is 1. Look at him! Where has my teeny baby boy gone?! He is such a joy for all of us and his smile and laughter are just infectious. He is a very busy boy and has changed so much over the last month. Here's the latest and greatest:

1. He is pulling up onto everything and is now walking along furniture like there's no tomorrow. He is also using his walker on his own and it is so cute to watch him walk with that thing. I had to straight up teach Maeve how to use that when she was a baby and it was not an easy task - but one day I just thought, hmm he might be able to walk with that now, I put him on it and he was doing it like a pro with minimal help. 2 days later he didn't even need my help! I did get this video though of him biffing it and it cracks me up! 😂


2. With this new busyness comes some mischief. He likes to find his way to the bathroom and dip his little hands into toilet water 😝 and he also seriously has a knack for finding paper and trying to eat it. I have had to fish paper out of the VERY back of his mouth before (it was from a page of a book that he ripped out at Once Upon a Child 🙈) and have gotten it off the roof of his mouth a few times too. It was probably in his mouth for 10 minutes with the Once Upon a Child incident, poor child, and somehow it stopped making him gag - I didn't even see it in the back of his mouth until he got mad about something and opened his mouth really wide! The little bugger keeps me on my toes more than his sis did. 😥

3. He FINALLY is liking some solid real food. When I introduced it at 9 months he gagged on everything majorly. Like even the tiniest piece of a puff, no exaggeration. So I gave him some more time and he is now comfortable with puffs, Cheerios, and bread. He's tried tons of other stuff but is hard to please - I think the new textures are still throwing him off. He'll eat a few bites of avocado, pears, mandarin oranges, stawberries, and sweet potato before he's totally disinterested and over it. So we're still in transition mode and I will be jumping for joy when he's just a happy eater of all things in non-pureed form.

4. He's a totally bizarre baby in that he STILL will blow out of his diaper (that clearly isn't going to stop until the purees stop) and he just finally cut his first tooth but it's one of his top side incisors. Since when does a baby not cut a bottom or at least a top middle tooth first?! He likes to do things his own weird way I guess!

5. He is such a chatterbox and can make the ma-, ta-, da-, and ba- sounds now. He is also starting to attempt to mimic us when we make funny noises with our lips or make faces at him. He will randomly wave sometimes, though he has no idea what he's doing but it is so cute to see him move those little fingers. This is my favorite clip of a sound he loves to make now - seriously the best. 😂😂


6. He loves to dance by rocking his body back and forth whenever we have music on for our nightly dance parties with Maeve. It seriously kills me to watch him. He's gonna get into the music somehow, even if that's the only move he's got! 😂

7. He's successfully gotten water out of his sippy cup once, but now he just likes to play with it. I'm hoping he will be able to drink consistently soon if I just keep giving it to him, especially since he's seen that his sis can drink out of one!

8. I just switched him over to a big boy carseat and it is blowing my mind that I'm now putting that infant car seat away for a second time. It seriously feels like we just got it out again! 😭 Time needs to slow down. Here's my cute big boy, whether I want him to be getting bigger or not...

I think that about wraps up the latest and greatest achievements of our sweet little man. Now for more pics from the photoshoot - some fun outtakes considering the entire time he was trying to do a head dive off the couch... 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

We played this game a million times where he would try and dive off the couch and I'd push him back onto the couch against the pillow - he laughed his little heart out every time I did it 😂😍

Squeezing the life out of his doggy, NBD

His sticker might be covered, but he wasn't in motion and it's a clear picture so it's a victory 😂

He kept pulling up onto the side of the couch but was all smiles since he was getting away from me 😂😍

😍😍😍

If his onesie looks tiny it's because it is - I crammed that chunky body into a 3-6 month onesie because all the 12 month onesies were dirty 🤷‍♀️🙈 - those thighs! 

Aaaaand he went there. No stopping this one. 😂

Thank you green block and the rattle phone that I was shaking in my hand that finally got him sitting still and paying attention to me. It was after this shot that I got the best posed shot that's at the beginning of the post! Boyfriend just wanted to move and play with his toys. 😂

And for fun, I took a screenshot comparing him to Maeve, though Maeve was 2 months older in this pic I still think it's a good comparison. They are definitely sibs but their most distinguishing feature is totally their eyes! Both beautiful but different for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment