Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Monday, April 16, 2018

Maeve's first haircut

Well, I did it. I cut off some of Maeve's precious little locks. She doesn't exactly have a ton I up begin with, but for a long time she's had a bit of a rat tail. Her hair definitely had some uneven lengths going on. This became especially apparent one day when I decided I wanted to see what her hair would look like if I straightened it. Yes, you read that right. I straightened my not even 3 year old's hair. 😂 Her hair just frustrates me sometimes in that it has some curliness/waviness to it but not exactly uniform pretty curls - instead it just looks kind of crazy, if you get my drift. So usually it just goes up in a pony or piggies so it looks cute. ANYWAY so I thought maybe it might look better if I straighten it....? 🤷‍♀️

Wrong. I couldn't stop laughing looking at her and at these pictures. She was so cooperative and willing to let me straighten it though, it was pretty cute. I should have known it would look like this... 😂




So, the next day I decided to cut it and even it out. I do not exactly have hair cutting skills but I figured I can cut a straight line. Sadly, I think I accidentally cut too much off at one spot so I had to even it out and it ended up shorter than I think it needed to be. For a minute, I thought "what have I done!" and wished I hadn't of even touched it but I'm over it now. I was also mad at myself at the time because I forgot that sentimental me thought it would be cute to save her little baby hair from her first haircut, but I just let it fall to the carpet. So I looked around to see if I could salvage any substantial pieces... 😂🙈 Anywho, I suppose it did at least thicken up the bottom a little bit and it will grow in prettier now! Here's the after pics!


I asked her to smile and this is what she did! 😂 For some odd reason she gets a kick out of smiling with her eyes closed 😂🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

No comments:

Post a Comment