Just a little ray of sunshine

Just a little ray of sunshine

Saturday, April 7, 2018

St. Patricks Day

So many of our Saturdays lately have been gloomy, rainy, and depressing. Nothing worse than having Daddy around and being cooped up in our tiny place because the weather is gross and we don't really have any errands to run. Okay, there are worse things, but you get it. Still not ideal. Luckily, all the stars aligned on St. Patricks Day and not only did it not rain, but it was a beautiful day. And I must say, we just had the perfect little day.

After Rowan's morning nap we went to Crockett Park and Maeve rode around her balance bike some, which really means she walked with her bum hovering on the seat. You gotta start somewhere, right? 😂 To make things a little more exciting, every now and then either Adam or I would tell her to lift up her feet and we'd push her fast and give her a little ride. She loved it!


Her facial expression in this one cracks me up 😂


After riding our way to the playground, we stopped and played on the playground for quite some time. Both kids enjoyed the swings for a while, we explored some of the other cool structures, tried to get Maeve to go down some slides (unsuccessfully, if I am remembering right) and then played in a fun rock pit there for the rest of the time. It was funny watching Maeve play because there was another little girl in there that was just going nuts with the rocks - grabbing handfuls and forming sloppy piles, getting dirt all over herself, and throwing the rocks everywhere too. Then we look over at Maeve and she's all carefully picking up piles of rocks, setting them down very gently to form perfect piles, all while staying perfectly clean. It was quite the contrast, but I wasn't complaining that she wasn't getting completely filthy like the other girl haha. Rowan enjoyed some time on my shoulders and this pic just kill me. Love my sweet happy boy!


Every St. Patricks Day we have a tradition that we've carried on that Adam started with his friends in high school where we eat steak and fettucine alfredo for dinner and drink lots of bottled soda. On our way home from the park we stopped at the store to get some groceries we needed for that and then both made all the food together. for an early dinner. It was so bright outside we got all this natural sunlight in and had the patio door open for a breeze. I found this vegan fettucine alfredo recipe that is seriously SO GOOD - I had my doubts because the one time we tried to make macaroni and cheese without cheese WAY back when, it was a huge failure and totally nasty. But this one had different ingredients and the lady said in her description "I know what you're thinking -- does this ACTUALLY taste like cheese!? But I promise you, it does. Even my husband who is a big critic and loves his cheese thought this was spot on." So because of that and the fact that it was also recommended by someone, I decided to just take the plunge. It doesn't taste exactly like cheese, but I swear to you, it is as close as you can get and the flavor is still 👌👌. I am so happy I found it. When we sat down to eat, it was still light outside and we were starving so the food was amazing and the kids were being happy. I said to Adam, "Man, maybe we need to have an early dinner more often!" It was so nice to eat in sunlight and still have sunlight left when everything was cleaned up.

Go big or go home, girlfriend

Blurry, but I just love these happy faces

And I just love watching them play together happily!
Since we still had some daylight left and time before bedtime we decided to go back to Crockett park and take a walk on their walking trails after we finished dinner. With both Adam and I there we were able to just push both kids separately in our regular stroller and umbrella stroller and it was so nice to walk off some dinner. The trails were actually really pretty and it brought me back to our Texas days. We are loving it here, but we do miss the amazing walking trails we had by our apartment in Texas. When I think of Texas I will always think fondly of all of our walks. I'm just glad we were there when I only had one baby (for most of our time) so it was even easier to always take walks. I miss all the walks and great conversations I had with Adam over those 2.5 years. But now we will definitely be going to Crockett park for walks on weekends when the weather is good over these next few months. I just love these pictures I got of Rowan and Adam on our walk!! 

He just loves his Daddy! ❤️

STOP IT! That smile 😍

It was such a fun much needed day out and we always love a good excuse to celebrate and have good home cooked food!! It's definitely not everyday we eat steak over here. Getting the kids ready for bedtime was a party as always and these pictures are proof. Meet Maeve the puppy... 

That posture and smirk 😂


Just to show how crazy she was going... haha

After the kids went to bed we watched the movie The Glass Castle that we got off redbox. I'm not sure if I'd recommend it or not, because after having the perfect fun little day with my happy family it was a reminder that there are some children out there in terrible home settings with drunken violent parent(s) -- it will shake you to the very core, that's for sure. The ending was semi happy I guess, but I still felt awful inside through most of it just because of the sad stuff I was seeing. All in all, it was a Saturday for the books with my people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment